Slight increases aren't difficult...3-5 second tac time for the line....anymore, some Equipment changes are probably req'd. We used to crank out over 100 cars / hr, it all depends on the line layout....Another plant would probably never be feasible, but a line expansion, which happens alot, is more likely if demand remained out of control, but I doubt that would happen due to parts supply.....
Corvette Tac Time is 4 min, but keep in mind a C8 is not a Malibu or a Crown Vic

Corvette Tac Time is 4 min, but keep in mind a C8 is not a Malibu or a Crown Vic
Was roughly that for the C7, not for the C8. For the C8 it's 11.5 cars per hour which works out to about 5.2 minutes takt time.
They are producing close to that at times now even with the parts issues.

Last edited:
BTW, I just found out that the C7 daily production volume averaged 116 cars during each 10-hour shift (the plant was on a 4 day/10 hours per day work week at the time)
So the takt time was close to that of the C8. So, they could negotiate different hours and run the plant 7 days a week.

Reactions: Neils
Interesting. When I was at Chrysler Bramalea Assembly, we were at 51 seconds. Two 8 hour shifts. 3 x 7.5 at one time.
BTW, The constraint this month is ONLY Z51. So I said, ok, get me one.
what do you mean "constraint is ONLY Z51"? does that mean Z51 is on constrain so only non-z51 is available or non-Z51 is on constraint so only Z51 is available?

what do you mean "constraint is ONLY Z51"? does that mean Z51 is on constrain so only non-z51 is available or non-Z51 is on constraint so only Z51 is available?
Dealer got 3 allotments today, all 3 must be Z51. Last month, they had 4 with no Z51 available. Seems to be a GM crapshoot.

Reactions: Neils and DenisC8
Z51 - 0-100km = 2.9
non - 0-100km = 3.0
Anyone who wants to wait for a Z-51 will probably get a 2024 with a price increase. It all depends on what you want to when 90% of guys just want to cruise and never track the car then a 2023 70th Anniversary car may be a great choice.
I got a 70th Anniversary car for my 70th birthday (not anniversary edition).
Order what you like and like what you order. Whats not to love about a new C8?

Main reason I am getting an allocation now and not months from now is because they are only Z51 and tons before me have turned down their pick because they want the non Z51. I was not planning to get it to be honest but want the damn car for this summer so spending the big bucks for it. Seems like the price (for the car and options) has gone up so much that people are trying to save wherever they can and wait for the non Z51.

In all fairness do you really think people are opting out to save a few bucks. You could be right, but, I'm more inclined to believe they don't want the harsh ride and sticky tires associated with the z51. Iknow where I live I would need to repaint the wheel wells every year from sand and debris. Everything I watched online suggested the non z51 was a much smoother car. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)

In all fairness do you really think people are opting out to save a few bucks. You could be right, but, I'm more inclined to believe they don't want the harsh ride and sticky tires associated with the z51. Iknow where I live I would need to repaint the wheel wells every year from sand and debris. Everything I watched online suggested the non z51 was a much smoother car. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)
Z51 with magnetic suspension is extremely smooth. More comfortable ride than my Mercedes.

Wow , it really is, a lot faster , ordering from Ontario dealers.
Even faster than that, based on the above numbers I am guessing I would have still been a few months out, not a lot but a few. With the first Ontario dealer where I placed my deposit, that list moved a bit slower, but he was able to fast track me for an allocation this week. Based on my local experience with walking into the dealer in Brossard, I knew my money was going to the dealers in ON, now and forever, at least for high demand vehicles like these. Will see when the time comes to switch out my SUV if I go with a dealer here in QC or not...

Reactions: Bunny hop
Perhaps not all 18 before me, but many of them yes. I think when folks signed up for this car 2 years ago, they were looking at the asking price back then, plus the interest rate at the time too (I am one of them). Financing the car now with an ON dealer is 8.99%, add the increased pricing not only for the car but the options too (Z51, front lift, MRC, etc) and the total adds up fast. I really thought that people would snatch up a Z51 when given the chance, but in my case and this particular dealership, it was the opposite.

A decently equipped 3LT HTC Z51 with some of the toys is $120k + sales tax + luxury tax, which amounts to about $2500/month with zero down for 5 years. So I do believe that with current pricing and interest rates, once folks sit down to run the financials and what they can afford to pay monthly, that is where the tides may start to shift, where people will question what they really need vs what they can really live without, the Z51 pkg really pushes the price of the car up there.

On a side note, I don't mind a tighter suspension for those tight twists, especially since I will be lowering the car, so need it to be nice and tight !!

Reactions: Bunny hop
Z-51 cars have a stiffer suspension than a non Z, but that's obvious as it is designed to track. My 2019 Grand Sport was definitely a harsher ride, but then it was designed to track. With the mag ride on it was very firm and the extra large sticky tires threw rocks that I didn't know were on the road.
All good.

i have a z51 with mag ride, but im always thinking about the non-z51 with mag ride do you think the ride will be the same when its on sports or track mode for both car and when its on the touring mode for both car ? i never try a non-z51 im going to change it soon for a convertible but i dont know what to choose between z51 and non-z51 i dont track the car but i dont want to ride in a caprice classic car ? thanks for the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.