GM is offering some dealers a few non Z51 car for customers to build. In most cases the difference between waiting for the Z and ordering a non
Z can be months and possibly waiting for a 2024.
My dealer in Calgary had this presented to them.

My order came up, and dealer says I could get only non-Z51 today. Have to wait for next lot in middle of March, hope constraint is off by then.
I'll just have to limp along in my '22 a bit longer. My friend wasn't very sympathetic; "First world problem," he offered.
which dealer is this... im still waiting for my dealer... Mid jan WN told me i was number 80. I read that this dude was number 40 in december and got a Jan allocation due to constraints... Im hoping I can get my car by end of this year (but would love if i could get by summer). I'll take a non-z51 if its on constraint. Btw do you guys recommend getting the z51, I might track once or twice a year.

which dealer is this... im still waiting for my dealer... Mid jan WN told me i was number 80. I read that this dude was number 40 in december and got a Jan allocation due to constraints... Im hoping I can get my car by end of this year (but would love if i could get by summer). I'll take a non-z51 if its on constraint. Btw do you guys recommend getting the z51, I might track once or twice a year.
I think you read some wrong info. #40 would not jump to number 1. If you are #80 and your dealer gets 8 allocations per month on average your turn will come in Dec 2023 with delivery in Feb 2024. But many things can change.

Do you know how many allocations your dealer got in Feb? I think they only got 2-3 allocations so my estimate of 8 per month is already too optimistic.

Last edited:
My order came up, and dealer says I could get only non-Z51 today. Have to wait for next lot in middle of March, hope constraint is off by then.
I'll just have to limp along in my '22 a bit longer. My friend wasn't very sympathetic; "First world problem," he offered.
What are you ordering different from the one you have right now?

You can track a non Z51. It won' thandle as well, but you can certainly take to the track. You might want track wheels and tires though. Tracking a car twice a year will eat up any tire, but more so the a/s than a summer only performance tire

Dealer is Bill Spencer. Background; I had ordered my 1st one from Wallace Chev in Milton, back in Feb, 2020. I was told I was #4 or 5 on their list. The vague answer should have been a red flag.
By April, 2021, I still had no hint of status (beyond 1100), so I placed a deposit with Spencer, on a friends recommendation that they were a hi volume Vette dealer.
By Dec 2021 I was #30 with Spenser. Jan 22, 2022, finally got update from Wallace that I went 3000. March 8, at 5000. Delivery (and a big smile) March 16.
Rather than cancel at Spencer, I let it ride, was #14 last Nov.
I'm switching from yellow to red mist, dropping front lift, (no pun intended). Virtually never use it. And dropping magnetic ride. There's a 10% chance I may take it to Mosport 1 time. My last ride there was several years ago, in a Charger hellcat. Fun but pricey. A new pair of rear tires (GoodYear F1 Supercar) was $750).
No one *needs* Z51, but if it enhances the driving experience, why not?

GM is offering some dealers a few non Z51 car for customers to build. In most cases the difference between waiting for the Z and ordering a non
Z can be months and possibly waiting for a 2024.
My dealer in Calgary had this presented to them.
Yes, Spencer has 4 slots now, I could have 1 if I give up Z51.

Reactions: DenisC8
Dealer is Bill Spencer. Background; I had ordered my 1st one from Wallace Chev in Milton, back in Feb, 2020. I was told I was #4 or 5 on their list. The vague answer should have been a red flag.
By April, 2021, I still had no hint of status (beyond 1100), so I placed a deposit with Spencer, on a friends recommendation that they were a hi volume Vette dealer.
By Dec 2021 I was #30 with Spenser. Jan 22, 2022, finally got update from Wallace that I went 3000. March 8, at 5000. Delivery (and a big smile) March 16.
I'm switching from yellow to red mist, dropping front lift, (no pun intended). Virtually never use it. And dropping magnetic ride. There's a 10% chance I may take it to Mosport 1 time. My last ride there was several years ago, in a Charger hellcat. Fun but pricey. A new pair of rear tires (GoodYear F1 Supercar) was $750).
so if you were #30 on Dec 2021 and got your allocation Feb 2023 that means in took 14 months for Spencer to get around 30 allocations. We all know that they are one of the top 3 corvette dealers in Canada by allocations but that is still very low.

so if you were #30 on Dec 2021 and got your allocation Feb 2023 that means in took 14 months for Spencer to get around 30 allocations. We all know that they are one of the top 3 corvette dealers in Canada by allocations but that is still very low.
I agree. I'm going by what I was told when I called occasionally to ask for my position. I just looked up some old texts, I see #7 Nov 23.
Now Spenser is aware that I currently have a C8, and prefer to not take delivery until 12 months have elapsed, and so may have had me on "hold" to facilitate that. I didn't ask to verify that.

I agree. I'm going by what I was told when I called occasionally to ask for my position. I just looked up some old texts, I see #7 Nov 23.
Now Spenser is aware that I currently have a C8, and prefer to not take delivery until 12 months have elapsed, and so may have had me on "hold" to facilitate that. I didn't ask to verify that.
the hold would usually start once you were next in line, but thank you sharing this info

You can track a non Z51. It won' thandle as well, but you can certainly take to the track. You might want track wheels and tires though. Tracking a car twice a year will eat up any tire, b ut more so the a/s than a summer only performance tire

A buddy suggested I won't get much benefit from Z51 except on a track, so why spend the extra. I agreed, called Spencer to take a non Z51 but add mag ride and performance exhaust. Unfortunately, the 4 slots were filled already. Next month. "He who hesitates is lost".

I also dropped down from 3LT to 2LT because of the seats. GT2 seats (3LT) have progressively larger/smaller holes, and the foam layer under it is black. So the seats appear dirty all the time if Sky cool grey is chosen. The GT1 (2LT) seats are still perforated but much smaller and uniform holes for the ventilation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Never mind, started a reply here saying something smells, as my story is similar to yours, except replace your WC with my other other dealer (Apr '21), and I also jumped onto the BS list later in the game (Aug '21). I started to wonder how you could have jumped me in the line, I misread thinking you were #30 in Dec '22 when in fact you wrote '21, I was #28 in Dec '22, so thought maybe because you had a trade-in, that they prioritized you. Figured man, how the heck did he move so fast from #30 in Dec to getting a call in Jan, while I am counting sheep over here waiting for my number to get called (#28 Dec '22). Makes sense, now I have to go back and read what did you do when BS called you for an allocation, because I need to figure out what to do when my other dealer calls me. Not even sure it is worth it to move to their combined E-Ray/Z06 list, they are a smaller dealer, so will likely not get many allocations of either. Perhaps will just move onto their Cadillac Escalade EV list for the future.

Last edited:
Here are my numbers so that you can see similar movement with BS ....
Other dealer I gave up, rarely hear back or no reply, so will just let it ride out and see what I do when the time comes, incl maybe move onto an E-Ray list (today it is combined with the Z06), likely will just stick with BS.

Aug '21 (#103),
Dec '21 (#87),
Jun '22 (#63),
Dec '22 (#28),
Jan '23 (#20 - assumed based on info from here),
Feb '23 (#18 - assumed based on info from here)

Best guess anyone for a call from BS ?? With 2 allocations for Feb, assuming Mar will be the same, hoping Apr a bit more
I am guessing a May call (too close to MY24 switchover for my liking, may pass at that point to wait it out).

Other dealer I gave up, rarely hear back or no reply, so will just let it ride out and see what I do when the time comes, incl maybe move onto an E-Ray list (today it is combined with the Z06), likely will just stick with BS.

Aug '21 (#103),
Dec '21 (#87),
Jun '22 (#63),
Dec '22 (#28),

Best guess anyone for a call from BS ?? With 2 allocations for Feb, assuming Mar will be the same, hoping Apr a bit more
I am guessing a May call (too close to MY24 switchover for my liking, may pass at that point to wait it out).
you could be 18 or 16 as we have been told that they got 2 or 4 allocations (I believe that its 2), also someone might have dropped out or skipped. This allocation was non-z51 only, next one might be z51 only or mix. Only way to get the car the quickest is to be flexible with the z51 package. Also there might be drop outs when people get the call.

Aug '21 (#103),
Dec '21 (#87),
Jun '22 (#63),
Dec '22 (#28),

Wow , it really is, a lot faster , ordering from Ontario dealers.

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.