Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Well what is the plan for New Years Eve Dinner? Cooking yourselves or heading out on the Town? Family and friends in or are they joining you out and about?

We are having Thai seafood, looking forward to it. Was going to have Prime Rib but it is just crazy priced.

We figured we could have an early dinner watch the New Year and fireworks from Sydney and be in bed by 7. Being old just sucks!!

Hope everyone has a great night, travel with care and enjoy.

20231225_084133_c102a94b3babc63fa1332318c0399e5824e42bc0.jpg

Well what is the plan for New Years Eve Dinner? Cooking yourselves or heading out on the Town? Family and friends in or are they joining you out and about?

We are having Thai seafood, looking forward to it. Was going to have Prime Rib but it is just crazy priced.

We figured we could have an early dinner watch the New Year and fireworks from Sydney and be in bed by 7. Being old just sucks!!

Hope everyone has a great night, travel with care and enjoy.

View attachment 118141
Wow. A 13.6 pound roast is monstrous but $29.99 a pound is about the going price. Shame you didn't live closer as I have several prime rib roasts in the freezer but no 13 pounders....You must have planned on feeding all the neighbours...lol.
We aren't planning anything in particular. Had considered having company over but then just decided to kick back with a few bourbons and likely watch a downloaded movie or two. It's been a few years since we actually lasted until midnight as well.

• Clever
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
OK, wow! We bought a one boner (as we call them) for $25.00 on sale. The Mrs. bought 2. Had one last Sunday. We are having turkey tomorrow. I love dark meat turkey and turnip! Yum, Yum.
Bed at 10. Being old means never having to stay up any more. Been there, done that, many many many many times. Do not need to do it again. It's just another day.

OK, wow! We bought a one boner (as we call them) for $25.00 on sale. The Mrs. bought 2. Had one last Sunday. We are having turkey tomorrow. I love dark meat turkey and turnip! Yum, Yum.
Bed at 10. Being old means never having to stay up any more. Been there, done that, many many many many times. Do not need to do it again. It's just another day.
mmmmmm.... Dark meat and turnips.... two of my favs....Parsnips pre-boiled and then butter finished in a skillet with brown sugar sprinkled on to caramelize. Another favorite.

I know it is early but "Happy New Years" to all - May 2024 bring you everything you had hoped for!
Both wife and I are down with colds that just keep on giving. Wont be late that is for sure... lol
Same to you. Funny, I have dust allergies and my nose is running faster than @Rruuff Day after a moose! lol
It's already the new year in many places in the world, so you're not early. ;)

Same to you. Funny, I have dust allergies and my nose is running faster than @Rruuff Day after a moose! lol
I hear that! Seems to be a lot of it around. For the last couple of days my nose as well has been running faster than I can eat it.

Nothing worse than picking those irritating tiny dust mites out of your nose... They are pretty cute though...

1704068275091.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.