I put mine on the dash to avoid putting the front plate bracket on. law says the plate has to be mounted on the front of the vehicle but it does not say where ;)

Morgan may as well not carry it, definitely a ticket if anyone comes after you :) Ask me how I know this ;)

You will in all likelihood get a few warnings first though so you may have a few years of no front plate bliss ahead of you.

I put mine on the dash to avoid putting the front plate bracket on. law says the plate has to be mounted on the front of the vehicle but it does not say where ;)

Highway Traffic Act, Regulation 628

9(3) - The number plates for a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle, shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the motor vehicle.

On your dash is not the front of the vehicle.

Also, if you crash, you now have a flying knife in the cabin of your car.

You don't need to use the front bracket. There are mounting points built into the bumper.

IMG_20200314_161932.jpg

IMG_20200314_161958.jpg

Drill the screws into the raised squares. They match the locations of the holes in the plate.

Either that or put your plate in the frunk or trunk. Having a plate in your windshield is more obvious than not having a plate at all.

• Scared
Reactions: Bucketoy
Morgan and EJ,
This guy just got a ticket $110 for those ugly dealership frames that most dealers are obsessed to put on. Morgan I have noticed your new C8 has one on it but you chose that as they are your employer, I will clearly state not to put one on my corvette as I believe it's not appropriate for many reasons ( looks, they don't pay me to advertise for them, illegal, rattles etc...) even worse is the dealers who stick a badge on the paint :Banghead:
Driver gets $110 ticket for having dealership licence plate frame
1584240009025.png

Those decals really are the most annoying thing out there. I'm happy that we don't put them on any car. No one wants to see them. We do have plate frames. I will be discussing with Bill himself on the ramifications of having them on the vehicle.

I have had one customer request we do not install them on his car, instead to put them in the trunk. 👍

Reactions: Gilles27
Morgan and EJ,
This guy just got a ticket $110 for those ugly dealership frames that most dealers are obsessed to put on. Morgan I have noticed your new C8 has one on it but you chose that as they are your employer, I will clearly state not to put one on my corvette as I believe it's not appropriate for many reasons ( looks, they don't pay me to advertise for them, illegal, rattles etc...) even worse is the dealers who stick a badge on the paint :Banghead:
Driver gets $110 ticket for having dealership licence plate frame
View attachment 37406
We don't put plate brackets on our vettes and i have gone 4 years in a vette driving all over the province and never once had a cop give me a ticket for no front plate. in fact i have been pulled over and given a speeding ticket and he didn't care. most cops are car guys and understand that giving your car chicklets in the front ruins the look. this is my opinion so don't take it too seriously

Highway Traffic Act, Regulation 628

On your dash is not the front of the vehicle.

Also, if you crash, you now have a flying knife in the cabin of your car.

You don't need to use the front bracket. There are mounting points built into the bumper.

View attachment 37404
View attachment 37405

Drill the screws into the raised squares. They match the locations of the holes in the plate.

Either that or put your plate in the frunk or trunk. Having a plate in your windshield is more obvious than not having a plate at all.

Very informative pictures. Thanks EJChevy.
"Drill the screws into the raised squares"?
No pre-drilled holes?
They use to have square holes there where you could snap a nylon nut into them. I took my plates off to polish my car so many times the nylon nut would get stripped. Then I would just pop it out and put a new one in.
There must be a better way?

What are the two holes/nylon nuts in the middle for?

Very informative pictures. Thanks EJChevy.
"Drill the screws into the raised squares"?
No pre-drilled holes?
They use to have square holes there where you could snap a nylon nut into them. I took my plates off to polish my car so many times the nylon nut would get stripped. Then I would just pop it out and put a new one in.
There must be a better way?

What are the two holes/nylon nuts in the middle for?

Those two mounting points are actually metal. They are for mounting the bracket (it just screws on).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.