Sep 18, 2023
VetteCoins
Province
BC
First things first. I picked my new 2023 Stingray today - that was a great experience. My first Corvette. Anyway, while I was there I noticed a beautiful looking grey one and the salesman mentioned that the original customer backed out of the deal and it is available. It's a 2LT with front lift and red calipers. Those are the only two options I believe. Still, looks very nice. I know a few people in Vancouver that have been in a must for two years so I thought someone might be interested in this. It's at Capital Chevrolet in Calgary. Talk to Cliff Albert.

Reactions: DenisC8 and 12cents
I saw that car when I was picking up mine on Tuesday!

Attachments

• IMG_3562.jpeg
    IMG_3562.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 0
First things first. I picked my new 2023 Stingray today - that was a great experience. My first Corvette. Anyway, while I was there I noticed a beautiful looking grey one and the salesman mentioned that the original customer backed out of the deal and it is available. It's a 2LT with front lift and red calipers. Those are the only two options I believe. Still, looks very nice. I know a few people in Vancouver that have been in a must for two years so I thought someone might be interested in this. It's at Capital Chevrolet in Calgary. Talk to Cliff Albert.
im in vancouver. deposit in may 2023. got a call 2 months later to order. seems like demand has dropped off significantly.

I am in Calgary. Put the deposit down in Feb 2023. Got a call yesterday and Capital got 4 allocations and were trying to find a buyer for 3 of them. I’m waiting and will put an order at the beginning of next year.

I am in Calgary. Put the deposit down in Feb 2023. Got a call yesterday and Capital got 4 allocations and were trying to find a buyer for 3 of them. I’m waiting and will put an order at the beginning of next year.
Interesting that you're waiting. I assume that you don't want to take delivery in the middle of winter . I got the call from them on June 30th (of this year), confirmed my order that same day, it was built during the week of August 28 and I picked it up this past Monday October 16.

Reactions: RobertsC8
people should be hunting for left over 2023s at MSRP like its a sport

I was talking to a GM dealer principal yesterday and he told me that he normally orders a new C8 for himself every year but is keeping his 23 (paid for, warranty registered in his name) as he couldnt justify the price increase for a 24 and the added Luxury Tax.

Interesting that you're waiting. I assume that you don't want to take delivery in the middle of winter . I got the call from them on June 30th (of this year), confirmed my order that same day, it was built during the week of August 28 and I picked it up this past Monday October 16.
Winter delivery coupled with the price increase is the reason. I’m hoping for a better financing deal next spring.

Winter delivery coupled with the price increase is the reason. I’m hoping for a better financing deal next spring.
With the Bank of Canada always wanting to raise interest rates I doubt financing will get better.

I think GM will need to start offering incentives for full size SUV and Corvettes to help move them. Both have received high price increases...folks like me are now debating whether it's worth it (SUV).
I don't know. Chevrolet doesn't make cars anymore. The Camaro is leaving and that leaves the Corvettes and the Malibu, which I also believe is leaving. Not sure they intend on any kind of incentive. I don't think the Corvette will survive either (And I mean the sports car). GM has gone on record saying the Corvette will always be ICE. That means it will disappear as it is. Likely midway through the C9 model. Seems they might want to make it a brand and sell them as electric SUVs.
GM has done some real bonehead moves over the years so who knows. They definitely think the future is in EV SUVs and Pickups, but does the common folks?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.