Dec 21, 2021
Van
VetteCoins
Car
Z06
Province
BC
Hello,

Would like to purchase a Car cover for my 19Z. It will be for indoors, might get a bit wet from opening the garage door sometimes. I was looking at those Stretched ones that fit the car like a glove. Not sure which brand is good or what some type of material etc .

Anyways, got a link or description of what is a decent one? Prefer to keep price reasonable.

This is what I bought back in 2018 and have used every winter since. My situation is identical to yours in that the car is in the garage and is exposed to minor amounts of snow / moisture and dust. The cover is breathable, doesn't scratch the clear coat, fits well and rolls up into a small fabric bag for easy storage. It offers reasonable protection to minor bumps and light scrapes when moving around the car and has proven to be a good choice. Lots of other good covers out there, depends on your price range.

This is what I bought back in 2018 and have used every winter since. My situation is identical to yours in that the car is in the garage and is exposed to minor amounts of snow / moisture and dust. The cover is breathable, doesn't scratch the clear coat, fits well and rolls up into a small fabric bag for easy storage. It offers reasonable protection to minor bumps and light scrapes when moving around the car and has proven to be a good choice. Lots of other good covers out there, depends on your price range.
Does this fit nicely or just a a generic tarp over the car?

It is a "fitted" cover, although not specific to the C7, with elasticized bottom edges and it does fit fairly snug. Definitely not a "tarp" type cover. The nice thing about buying from PA is that they will take almost anything back, no questions asked. Again, not a high end cover but one that will do the job for a reasonable price.

Hello,

Would like to purchase a Car cover for my 19Z. It will be for indoors, might get a bit wet from opening the garage door sometimes. I was looking at those Stretched ones that fit the car like a glove. Not sure which brand is good or what some type of material etc .

Anyways, got a link or description of what is a decent one? Prefer to keep price reasonable.

KAKIT Waterproof Car Cover for 2014-2019 C7 Stingray, Custom Fit C7 Cover No Faded UV Resistant for Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 Z06 Outdoor/Indoor (Red & Black Combo)​

i bought this when i had my 19 stingray....great cover, fit nice and tight, good for indoors or outdoors...

Keep in mind, the Z06 is wider than a Stingray & GS.
There's a "factory" cover made for the Z06. I had one, and it's good for outdoors too.

When I ordered my Z (2019) I added the optional indoor (breathable/stretchy) Z cover…..my recollection was it was pricey but very good quality…….specified indoors only though…..just looked at window sticker…..embossed Z06 cover, indoors only…$560……..

Keep in mind, the Z06 is wider than a Stingray & GS.
There's a "factory" cover made for the Z06. I had one, and it's good for outdoors too.

These ones are nice, But they cost $700 at dealership here . That is crazy price for a cover.

Reactions: Chris @ GMPD
Reactions: AxeZ06
Yep....thank you for mentioning us @AxeZ06

The factory covers are great quality, fit the car perfectly, and will protect the car indoors from dust/dirt and will not scratch the paint. They are pricey yes...but are the best option.

We have them in different colours, but these are the popular ones for the C7Z.

These are the softest covers

GM Claims these to be "outdoor" covers...they are a little more firm. Personally I would go with one of the ones above if the car is inside.

Gunsmokez…….as I stated earlier I ordered my indoor cover from the factory when I ordered my Z in 2018. I paid $560 plus tax then. I viewed the indoor cover linked above from GMPD and the indoor (black) cover is the exact same cover as mine and slightly cheaper than what I originally paid.
The cover is washable and very high quality. It is so soft and will never scratch your car. It fits the car absolutely perfectly, covers under the front splitter and under the four exhaust tips. On the side you’ll only see a few inches at most of the bottom of your wheels. I would not buy an outdoor cover for a car parked in a garage. You indicated that snow may get on the end of the car when opening and closing the garage door……I would simply buy a painters drop sheet to protect only that area of the car then…….and with painters tape secure the drop sheet over the indoor cover.

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. If you really value your car buy this cover, you will be happy!

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Gunsmokez, I’m sure that the cover being sold by Jamie is a great cover, but the description states that it’s for the Corvette Stingray. Your “Z” is quite a bit wider than the base Stingray plus yours would have the splitter on the front, therefore this cover would not fit your car and if you did manage to put it on it would not fit as well as cover designed specifically for the Corvette Z06.

Last edited by a moderator: