Yes, the ceramic coating is crazy hard to remove. If you need a paint job due to an accident better let the body shop know otherwise no paint will stick. It is brutal I was told by a body shop getting the ceramic coating off. My windshield - so far, so good. I am hoping to get the E-Ray; but, not holding my breath on that one.

Reactions: kerry4
I haven't washed my car in two years.
Then you don't drive it enough IMO! Hey it's your car, but I'm not saving mine for the next guy. We are enjoying our car as much as we can. Not as much as Jack, but more than yourself I wager.
Also, if you use detailing spray to get dust off then you are using a wet scrub on your car. The dust becomes suspended in the liquid and not dissolved. Remember that dust is mainly a silicate. It's hard like glass. So some of it is being rubbed on the paint. It's kind of an oxymoron. You never let your car get dirty, but you also don't care that much about the paint either.
No offense intended btw, Just my opinion. It's your car. Enjoy it the way you see fit.

Then you don't drive it enough IMO! Hey it's your car, but I'm not saving mine for the next guy. We are enjoying our car as much as we can. Not as much as Jack, but more than yourself I wager.
Also, if you use detailing spray to get dust off then you are using a wet scrub on your car. The dust becomes suspended in the liquid and not dissolved. Remember that dust is mainly a silicate. It's hard like glass. So some of it is being rubbed on the paint. It's kind of an oxymoron. You never let your car get dirty, but you also don't care that much about the paint either.
No offense intended btw, Just my opinion. It's your car. Enjoy it the way you see fit.
You are right: I do not drive enough. I am thinking about the AS tires that come on the stingray? My care - the paint is like glass. I f I place a microfiber cloth on it - front hood, it slides off the car. I have a pile of awesome microfiber cloths that the guy gave me when I had him do the ceramic coating. I keep them just for daily dusting. I often use the Adams detailing spray after I have done the dusting. Works like a charm. The wheel are the biggest pain - keeping them clean and getting the brake dust off. As I said: hoping to get E-Ray; but, once that dream fades - AS tires and more driving. I could drive all year round here. We had one week of snow - quite a lot - Xmas day started raining and snow gone in a week.

The wheel are the biggest pain - keeping them clean and getting the brake dust off.
I can only speak for a non Z51, but the ceramic on the wheels is amazing at helping to wash off the brake dust.

Reactions: kerry4
I never wipe dust off my car. especially with a dry cloth or even with a spray and wash product. If I'm totally desperate to get dust off, I have used a 'California Auto duster' but don't even like using that. Wash it and rinse it without touching it and then dry with an 'Absorber' (they are amazing). Only after that do I use Slick Mist speed wax after each wash to keep that next gen shine. 8 years coming up and other than a couple small picks in the front bumper PPF, there's not a scratch on my Vette anywhere. That's if you want to keep your car for many years and want it to look showroom for that long as well. Oh yeah. And I live on 2 km of loose gravel AB road...

PXL_20220716_212606871.jpg

I can only speak for a non Z51, but the ceramic on the wheels is amazing at helping to wash off the brake dust.
Non-Z51 and I am shocked at how little brake dust (none) compared to my SLK350 that looked like black rims.
With A/S tires I drive it a lot in all weather so have washed about once a month and the DIY Turtle Wax Ceramic Hybrid seems to be working, however it will be interesting to compare with JCWP's pro coating once the weather clears. March?

Reactions: Murray20c8
If you live in Toronto (not sure about whole of GTA) it’s illegal to wash your car at home, so the waterless washes and the drive in car washes are the only options. Has anyone used the drive in self wash bays for their C8? I’m always a bit leery- never had a bad experience with other cars, but always concerned there may be something in the brush which could scratch.

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
If you live in Toronto (not sure about whole of GTA) it’s illegal to wash your car at home, so the waterless washes and the drive in car washes are the only options. Has anyone used the drive in self wash bays for their C8? I’m always a bit leery- never had a bad experience with other cars, but always concerned there may be something in the brush which could scratch.
Illegal to wash your car in the driveway…lol.

Last edited:
Yeah- apparently they passed a bylaw a few years ago as a water conservation measure. I don’t think watering your lawn is allowed either.
No, I think it's illegal for the Mayor to water his support assistants.

If you live in Toronto (not sure about whole of GTA) it’s illegal to wash your car at home...
I checked on this and the suggestion is:
1676137492512.png

So you are OK as long as the runoff does not enter a catch basin.

The actual Bylaw infraction would be 681-4 D however might be difficult to prove hazard

1676138995359.png

Vancouver is moving from a combined sewage system where storm and wastewater use the same pipes so the Bylaw just restricts specific chemicals.

Errrrr.... Would that be the mayor that recently hit the news?...And hit the street?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.