I was taught to floor it, after tire warm up.
Actively managing traction is a big part of what drivers do in racing but you are putting all the responsibility on the car and want to be the passenger instead of an active participant. If I were you, I would do multiple passes in track mode with traction on, set a base line best time, then move on to traction reduced then off. Only then mess with launch control and see if the times get better or worse, you will be very surprised.

Ps: putting slicks on your car is like brining a completely different car and comparing the times.

Actively managing traction is a big part of what drivers do in racing but you are putting all the responsibility on the car and want to be the passenger instead of an active participant. If I were you, I would do multiple passes in track mode with traction on, set a base line best time, then move on to traction reduced then off. Only then mess with launch control and see if the times get better or worse, you will be very surprised.

Ps: putting slicks on your car is like brining a completely different car and comparing the times.
Like I said, I'm going to try sport and track with everything on. If I can get enough runs in, hopefully find a combo that will not wheel hop and give me better time. I was used to doing everything myself but with the videos and advice from some I went launch control for the C8. My C7, no wheel hop but to get my best time, it was drag radials and warm up the tires. 11.55. Maybe I can go back one weekend and try it again without the radials. Hopefully before snow comes. ❄️ 🫣

I've never tried a brake burn, but can you not overpower the rear brakes?
Shut off all the nannies. Pull both paddles in. Feather the brake pedal. Run the revs up to 6000 release the paddles and feather the brake enough to keep you from leaping forward but still keeping the rear wheels lit up. Much like a burnout with a manual tranny other than no paddles.

Wheel hop is basically always a result of intermittent tire traction. Unfortunately this can be caused by a number of things including tires, suspension and asphalt conditions. Like I mentioned earlier, I would certainly start with trying without any nannies activated and not using launch control. I would also not use track mode to allow the suspension to flex somewhat easier. Track mode does not make you faster in straight line racing. Also have a good look at tire pressure as reduced pressure can also cause intermittent traction. I raced an H modified Falcon a couple hundred years ago at Oyster Bed speedway and found increasing the tire pressure by 5 psi made a big difference in avoiding wheel hop and no difference in my times. It was a 10.2 second car when I could keep the front wheels on the ground...lol...
Are you referring to Oyster Bed Bridge PEI ?

Shut off all the nannies. Pull both paddles in. Feather the brake pedal. Run the revs up to 6000 release the paddles and feather the brake enough to keep you from leaping forward but still keeping the rear wheels lit up. Much like a burnout with a manual tranny other than no paddles.
I will try that. Then , again maybe not. ;)

Last edited:
And have CAA on speed dial.

Yes. Raced there in the early 70's.
Used to go there every now and then around the same time. I remember a 1969 Camaro called “ The Invader “ that was pretty quick as well as a Henry J that would pull up all dirty straw stuck to it and run a high 14 or low 15 . Then it would come back around and hello, pull the front wheels and run a 10 odd et . Don’t even know how I remember any of it after the last 45 yrs to tell the truth, lol.

Used to go there every now and then around the same time. I remember a 1969 Camaro called “ The Invader “ that was pretty quick as well as a Henry J that would pull up all dirty straw stuck to it and run a high 14 or low 15 . Then it would come back around and hello, pull the front wheels and run a 10 odd et . Don’t even know how I remember any of it after the last 45 yrs to tell the truth, lol.

I remember the Henry J well. Same time I was there. He was from Annapolis Valley if I remember right. Use to be a blue 49 or so Anglia that was pretty quick too. Here's a site with some pics from Oyster Bed from 1978. That was a couple years after my time there.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I remember the Henry J well. Same time I was there. He was from Annapolis Valley if I remember right. Use to be a blue 49 or so Anglia that was pretty quick too. Here's a site with some pics from Oyster Bed from 1978. That was a couple years after my time there.

Thanks for the link, very interesting, brings back memories. Those little rigs don’t need a ton of horsepower to pull like mad , a strong small block if you can squeeze it in and your good. The Anglia rings a bell for sure though I can’t really picture it. The J on the other hand I can still see for some reason. Those were the days as they say .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread