Went for a test drive, drag, nearby and even with the traction control on it would not stick. I have the sticky summer tires on. Hopefully with the compound tomorrow, it will. I hope to try it with traction control off, to get faster times but if not, I will get my drag radials installed the next time.

Went for a test drive, drag, nearby and even with the traction control on it would not stick. I have the sticky summer tires on. Hopefully with the compound tomorrow, it will. I hope to try it with traction control off, to get faster times but if not, I will get my drag radials installed the next time.
Did you use launch control?

Reactions: Bunny hop
This car is complicated , compared to my Mustang GTs. I hope I can see the guy at Napierville , who has a C8 and he is an expert on drag racing , so he can give me some pointers, with this car.
There are a couple of people that have dragged, but I'm not sure they still read the forum.
You should practice launch control. You have to be in sport or track mode, turn off the nannies, push the brake pedal like you are going to hit a dear and put your right foot to the floor. If the brake pedal is pushed hard enough it will rev to 3 grand and hold there until you release the brake. Then the tires will spin slightly and the nannies kick in and control the wheel spin.

There are a couple of people that have dragged, but I'm not sure they still read the forum.
You should practice launch control. You have to be in sport or track mode, turn off the nannies, push the brake pedal like you are going to hit a dear and put your right foot to the floor. If the brake pedal is pushed hard enough it will rev to 3 grand and hold there until you release the brake. Then the tires will spin slightly and the nannies kick in and control the wheel spin.
I have seen videos but they are not always clear , with their explanation and videos. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread