Aug 18, 2014
Timmins Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Well , going to the Grocery store Sunday am , I take the " Z0 Grocery getter " , warning lights comes on .
When I get home , check the rear driver side . Sure enough , down to 20 psi .
Pumped it back up , went to go out back again at 6.30 pm ( 8 hrs later ) light comes on again .
Pumped tire back up to 32 psi , went for a ride , no issues . Pumped up again before I went to bed last night . Today , after work , my son and me look for the cause , found a nail approx. 2 inches in from the side wall on one of the tread blocks .

My question is , where would be the best place to take the tire to get fixed , GM dealer 9who I did not buy the car from ) , or , after market tire place ?

What would you do ?

It won't be warrantied so i wouldn't hesitate to check out tire facilities, especially in your neck of the woods. A few guys have had them plugged and soldiered on although many don't recommend it. The tires are fairly rare.

If you need a tire check out Rocky Island Tire in Bracebridge, Ontario. They are pretty good at finding the unusual and a really good company to deal with.

Sucks that it happened but at least it was at home.

Well , going to the Grocery store Sunday am , I take the " Z0 Grocery getter " , warning lights comes on .
When I get home , check the rear driver side . Sure enough , down to 20 psi .
Pumped it back up , went to go out back again at 6.30 pm ( 8 hrs later ) light comes on again .
Pumped tire back up to 32 psi , went for a ride , no issues . Pumped up again before I went to bed last night . Today , after work , my son and me look for the cause , found a nail approx. 2 inches in from the side wall on one of the tread blocks .

My question is , where would be the best place to take the tire to get fixed , GM dealer 9who I did not buy the car from ) , or , after market tire place ?

What would you do ?
In 2012, I picked up a nail. My local mechanic plugged the tire and it is still holding air to this day. If you want the tire taken off the rim to patch the inside, then you will have to find a shop with a mounter that can handle these run flat tires without chewing up the rim. The machines are expensive and many shops don't have them.
I carry a Dynaplug kit in the Corvette just in case It is needed.

Last edited:
It won't be warrantied so i wouldn't hesitate to check out tire facilities, especially in your neck of the woods. A few guys have had them plugged and soldiered on although many don't recommend it. The tires are fairly rare.
Les . Called my local GM dealer , they said they can fix it .......I guess im gonna have to bite the bullet and find out . Also , managed to find one spare tire :)

Kazman, I have one sitting on the work bench. If you would feel better about having some security I would be happy to stick it in the mail to you. You could replace it for me when Brian gets more in stock (aluminum pro tool)

Let me know I would be glad to help you out.

Murray
Can you PM me and ill order one or 2 . Thanks .

Les . Im still some what " Worried " about our local dealer . I really have little choice up here . As for the tire . Im just buying it for a spare , but not from my local dealer :)

Dude...you dont have to tell me! I used to live in Goose Bay Labrador when one day the drive shaft of my Ford p/u dropped. There was ONLY a Chev dealership up there and, in order to get us up and running again (remember -50 below in the middle of winter), they had to weld the shaft with a GM shaft to make a hybrid...that was a reflection of a small community like yours!

Dude...you dont have to tell me! I used to live in Goose Bay Labrador when one day the drive shaft of my Ford p/u dropped. There was ONLY a Chev dealership up there and, in order to get us up and running again (remember -50 below in the middle of winter), they had to weld the shaft with a GM shaft to make a hybrid...that was a reflection of a small community like yours!
lol , that reminds me , what the heck am I going to do here with the car in Winter . My garage is not heated and I remember reading about tires cracking at minus 7 :( let alone -50

lol , that reminds me , what the heck am I going to do here with the car in Winter . My garage is not heated and I remember reading about tires cracking at minus 7 :( let alone -50

In Ontario, we are all in the same circumstance. For me, if i don't get the garage heated it will simply go up on blocks with the wheeels tucked in warm and safe in my back room.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.