That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know when I start chemo again in a few weeks I'm going to print this out and take it with me so I can laugh my ass off again like I just did!!!!!!

You have a second calling in life as a writer!!

Thanks for making my morning such a smiler!

You really do know me so well....................

You are definitely in my thoughts ...
... although it might not be scribed in the books of Medical Professionals,
most may self-acknowledge that "Laughter is the best Medicine" at times ... :thumbs:

Reactions: ddgermann
You may be wondering why I never posted my first burnout video last summer. Well they started to find more tumors in my arm since then and now I have new ones growing in two previous locations where they were removed. They are starting to think that surgery may not be the way to go and they need to be more aggressive.

Oh really?!

So on the 20th we meet in Edmonton and they are going to bring in a new Dr. and to see what other options they may have more me, chemo and immunotherapy being the leading contenders. Some possible clinical trials I might be able to participate in but since I've had cancer previously I might not be a candidate to participate.

It sort of has resulted once again in my life going into a holding pattern (sadly) until I get this sorted out or at least have more information on what might be available to me to treatment.

Sorry for not letting you all know but it just seems that it is an ongoing saga in my life and trust me I tire of its presence in my life let alone anyone elses..................

But only get really worried if you hear of me suddenly making a deposit on a C8 in yellow!!

Garry

........... But only get really worried if you hear of me suddenly making a deposit on a C8 in yellow!!
Garry

Garry,
Heartfelt to know ... and (the quote) is enlightening to personally read.
In the greatness of your humour, my hope is that we may
all find such encouragement and also be witness to this C8 delivery ...
Spence

Last edited:
Your support is of great strength to me. Especially for a person who is probably the poster boy of introverts. Given my unusual hobbies and interests I don't have a large circle of friends. So ya, I probably do use CCF as a source of venting how I am feeling from time to time (to time!).

I think that this time it is a real feeling of frustration. I mean I've done this twice with the original cancer and 9 years in this s**t starts all over again?

I think what is also bothering me is that other times I wait for testing to see if I have cancer. In this case I'm sure beyond a double due to the way it is presenting itself that the two lumps on my arm from previously removed tumor locations are fresh ones. They tell me that from the piece of skin that was removed in both cases that the margins were clean so that these have to be two new tumors that for some f**king reason took up house in the same location - TWICE!

You can sort of see how one gets the feeling of really being cursed.

Then I've had this information since I returned from Europe on August 25th and I can't see anyone before Sept 20th.

Your mind really plays tricks on you too, consider................

I know they don't want to do surgery again. I sure do. Nothing bothers me more than each and every moment of the day being able to feel one of these new tumors rubbing on my sleeve etc. While I wait for the 20th these tumors are increasing in size and my greatest fear is not that so much but that a clump of cells might break off for some reason and make there way from my arm into my torso. The home of possibly useful things like your lungs, heart, kidneys, liver etc.

The cancer in my arm will never kill me but if it moves I could end up being screwed.

And I can't shake the feeling that each day that goes by increases the chances of something like that happening.

Thus why in August I went to Europe for two weeks with my son, gf, mom and cousin from Quebec City to Paris and London and we had a blast. Why wait and if things get better I'll go again yet!

So I was able to take my son to the tank museum at Bovington where I made a donation, that is Lucy and I. I made it to see my son start Grade 7. My son, gf, mom and I on Pont Neuf in Paris.

I think I need to go gets some eggs. While I'd normally walk, the store is about 1/4 mile away I think..............................maybe this is a job for the Z06..............scrambled is OK too, right?!

Cheers,

Garry

P1060407.JPG
Lucy and donation Bovington 2017.JPG
P1050929.JPG

Back!

I'm sure things will get better.

Made my eggie run. I actually headed north of town as I had not run the car for a while. I figured it is always a good idea to activate the methanol system every once in a while but it is sort of hard to do. WOT the car spends so little time in 1st or 2nd gear that I need to usually do a 4th gear run at high rpm before it turns on and sprays it seems.

We've having some road construction in town and as I approached what I thought was the end one of the people came into the middle of the road and flagged me to stop. It turns out, he was concerned that the car would not handle the drop where the new pavement met the old. Wow. How bloody considerate is that I ask you. So he helped me back up with all the construction stuff there and I went and an angle and it went fine.

What I didn't realize was that not only are they doing some paving in town but also the next 15 or so km north of town. So a long drive in 3rd at 50 km/hr. But after that I was able to use some methanol and enjoyed the drive, went to Hines Creek and then back to Fairview. Turns out that my next turn east would have been along a 8 km stretch that they are lifting so it is covered in rock ships. Hummmm. Not this one either it seems. So I had to had a fre extra km but it was all good.

I have to admit that while it has been a while since I've driven the car it did sort of scare me a bit. I haven't done a lot of WOT driving for more than a second or two and I'd forgotten how hard the pulls, I mean you snap your fingers and if I was in Ontario I'd be in car crushing territory if I was ever stopped!

But feeling better and I almost need to do that as a daily activity like my exercise. It involves some time but you just feel so good afterward.

I know that I need to just settle down. I can't make time go faster and I need to stop my mind from playing tricks on me with what could happen on the 20th. Can't change it anyway whatever it is they tell me. I just need to stay calm and then take it day by day.

Why couldn't they prescribe a certain amount of daily Z06 time as treatment now I wonder?

But as a sign of some confidence, I'm finally updating my Magellan GPS for my sedan so I must be thinking deep down that I will be using it for a while yet.

Thanks for the support!!

Cheers,

Garry

Garry my thoughts, and I'm certain as you see the members on here are with you. Your experience with this difficult and frustrating waiting has unfortunately been one many have had in their lives as well. So you are not alone with that my friend.
WOT in that yellow beast of Z you have is a better distraction than anything I can think of. However just savouring the pleasure of driving that awesome machine and hearing and feeling the car would be just as good. Plus no jail time if the heat looks you over.
Keep being good to yourself and remember prescribed Z time till the snow flies. :)

Sort of getting excited that a week from now I'll be getting my answers finally answered. I am crossing my fingers that treatment will involve the removal of the two current tumors. Part of me fears that if there is a clinical study I can participate in that they will want to leave the tumors so that they have something to measure to judge the effectiveness of the new treatment. If they removed them and no new tumors appear is is due to the treatment or what?

But at least I feel better that I am not thinking about this day being 2 1/2 weeks away as I once was.

I noticed that my neighbour had four tires and rims in his backyard and last night he was in his garage and the tires are gone now. Maybe he wanted to try to address the traction issue? I didn't realize he was so serious! Part of me wants to go over and shoot the breeze. I mean a fast car is a fast car after all. Better than having another one of those crazy loud diesel service trucks being started at 6 in the morning anyway. You'd have to be happy about another SC engine firing up regardless of the make...........

Cool again today but oddly when the Z06 is happiest so I might have go for another drive, this time south of town so I can avoid all the construction.

Funny I got a letter in the mail from the clinic in Edmonton. It filled my heart with same sort of feeling as when I would get an email from my lawyer when I was getting divorced - never good news. In this case just to confirm my appointment!

Thanks to you all for your ongoing suppose and positive messages!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Well, crap. I haven't been on the forum too much in the past year and I was really hoping that no news was good news. Sorry to hear you have to deal with this neighbor across the street, tormenting you on the quickness of your Z. But, in reality. It wouldn't be a real race. Your Z has the power to weight ratio to that a Hell Cat could only dream about. Even if those tires are drag radials that he is installing, if traction is an issue for you, you could always install a set of your own.
But on a more serious note. My thoughts are two fold.... delaying the appointment date. I'm betting they aren't too concerned with the tumors causing further damage/migrating, so they are comfortable with having the appointment at a later date. Maybe they need them to be a bit bigger so it'll be easier to see for the surgery to get all of them out (stupid thought I know, but just a thought). Maybe they want wait to have you as part of the clinical trial. Maybe they know the exact chemo that will work to kick these tumor's asses...... but cancer sucks and as it is a slow process, what a damn mind game it can play. My thoughts are with you Garry. Come on here and vent anytime you like. But just like your Z destroying the Challenger, we know you'll destroy this too.

Good morning Riley,

How nice to hear from you regardless of the circumstances!

While I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't envy my neighbours automatic vs. my questionable manual shifting I only have at the most two shifts to make and only one which is challenging for me. I think I need to slow it down as the natural tendency for the gear shift is to go into the position right below 3rd from 2nd. When I leave 2nd in a hurry it seems I go just a bit too far to my right and into 5th instead. But I also am sort of secretly confident that once I make my shift and get on the throttle, well once it start to go about 3,000 rpm that is when the fun begins!

It is funny how I end up back in this situation with cancer once again. Part of me can accept it from the perspective of knowing that I shouldn't have beaten cancer the first time out. I think that otherwise I'd thank God for the extra 10 years I got and that my life has run its course but the problem is that the past 6 or so years have been the best of my life in all other measureable ways and I don't want that streak to end just yet (no C8 available to buy!). Plus dad is retiring and so I'm going to be able to rent his land, 1/2 of it in 2018 and the other 1/2 if I want in 2019. Thus I'll be able to start pigeonholing funds for a possible C8 purchase!

So a worsening cancer situation is just poorly timed for me in my life plan.

I'm hoping that the next week won't be too bad. At least I can see the 20th arriving whereas 10 days ago it seemed like an eternity. I'll go a day early, do some shopping and enjoy a change of pace.

One plus, I finally started running again, daily, since I returned from Europe. I started with my 1st 1 km and the 1st 1 km and last 1 km and now I've added the middle 1 km so I'm ramping up slowly. I did run a 7 km non-stop on the weekend and the pace was not blistering but considering I've been slacking on my running I was happy. But more important for me is to not push too hard to I either hurt myself or don't want to do it. If I just keep adding a km here and there then I can build up my endurance slowly and soon I can think about racing again - just as the season comes to an end anyway!!!

Thanks for the positive thoughts and I will be passing on the results, good, bad or otherwise. And if they need the tumors to monitor things, I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and get a perverse thrill from watching them disappear!

Garry

Oh! And I was going to write on the thought of wanting the fastest car where you live. If you're like me, I imagine it's not so you can race and beat out every car, it's just wanting to know that if you had to, you could. Sort of the same reason I want to add twin turbo's to my car. Just so I can keep up with the new stuff. I don't need to race anyone, I just like knowing that I could keep up or exceed them if I needed to......and why I would need to, I don't know, but the pressure would be off from being the slow guy. :D

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.