Great to hear the cancer has not spread Garry.
Now you can worry less and think more about the fuel system upgrade.

Keep a strain on it Garry. We are always around here If you need to vent or just tell us about the upgrades planned for your yellow land rocket.

D

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Garry.That is good news my friend. You're not the only one who has been waiting for your doctor to call. There's more than a few of us here that have been anxiously waiting for your news too. Obviously the call weighed tons on your mind but honestly, you have a bunch of forum followers that will fist pump tonight when they read your news as well...... Sleep well tonight ....:thumbs:

So an important day. Back from Edmonton late last night. Photos of the arm. 5th Il2 treatment and a full body PET/CT scan. No results from scan yet, the Dr. said he will call me this morning. An important result. If the tumors have not moved from my left arm then we continue treatment. There does seem to be some sign of a FEW of the tumors getting smaller too.

On the other hand, if the cancer has spread to my torso then as far as I know we discontinue the treatment to my arm (no point) and it's game over for me.

A harsh reality!

I know the Dr.'s results do not change anything per se. The cancer has already either spread or not, we just don't know - yet.

I spent a lot of the drive home thinking about camshafts so I hope that was not wasted time!

Fingers crossed..........................

Thoughts and prayers

Wooo-Hooo! As others stated. Great to hear it has not moved. Prayers will be said to give the doctor wisdom in how exactly to proceed......So, tell us more about this cam you've been thinking about. A little less mild, or are you thinking of wild?

Good morning Riley,

It still feels good. But funny how it was not like the testing of the old days when it was I was still cancer free. This is just a case of my life is ot f'ed up any more than normal but i still have cancer. One step at a time though, right?

As for the car, for some reason I'd like to get it above 800 rwhp now. So I thought about cam'ing it to do so. I don't want to give up the wonderful manners it currently has but if I can get it to have that nice round power number I'd be happy to treat myself to that.

I also did email Steve with the thought that might there be a different path to take to achieve the end goal - maybe heads, intake, fuel supply?? So we'll see if he might have a different idea of how to get me there.

Otherwise, barring a surprise at this afternoons phone call, life is not too bad right now. It will keep me going a while longer.

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: Riley P
Garry, some basic hand tools, a saws all and maybe a box of cold ones to wash down the pizza. We can get this done for you.

B79JqirIcAA4yUc.jpg

Wow, a V-12 and twin turbo at that! I'd need a pretty long engine compartment for that puppy!

Speaking of cold ones, I should almost throw them out. I've got beer that I moved from my 2nd last house move over 6 years ago now. I just never entertain any more and was never a beer drinker to begin with. But I've got some rye and vodka that are getting an additional 15 to 20 years aging in them!! I've been working my way through a 6 pack of Wildberry's too, two or three left to go yet.

I actually celebrated by having a chocolate bar - living life on the edge here!

Steve emailed me and said that he does think that with the current work that has been done cam'ing is the most logical next step..............

Reactions: ddgermann
So indeed had a talk with the doctor yesterday afternoon. He confirmed cancer only in left arm, maybe a few more tumors since two months ago but otherwise all is the same.

Expressed surprise that it has not spread and maybe this is a window that needs to be exploited.

So, he does want me to go to Calgary to see the people there to evaluate if I would be a suitable candidate for the "Isolated Limb Infusion" treatment. Two trips to Calgary, one for the assessment and then one for the surgery itself if it happens.

Maybe use this as an opportunity to move the Z06 to Davenport I'm thinking????

120FBFD5-06B8-451C-95C5-AE3BB0E26DD1.jpeg
I went to Coco Brooks pizza for lunch awhile ago and thought this might be worth posting in regards to some of you guys with lingering health issues. Inside the pizza boxes are messages of inspiration. Although not meant to offend,I find some of these phrases very enlightening and thought provoking.

This series is titled,”Attitude determines attitude”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.