Featured Thread
Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
Still a few things to take care of but it does feel good! I appreciate all the encouragement & help I’ve had along the way from others in this forum. Thank you again. If my few test spins are any indication ... I’m going to really enjoy this driving season. John

10/18/14: This is a pic of me pulling it into my garage. I had to jack it up as both front and rear wheels wouldn’t turn. Turns out it was just due to brake pads had frozen to the rotors.
2014 Startm.jpg

3/1/20: Last week I got it insured and licensed and have started limited driving in my sub-division while checking it out.
Finished_sidem.jpg

Finally!

Still a few things to take care of but it does feel good! I appreciate all the encouragement & help I’ve had along the way from others in this forum. Thank you again. If my few test spins are any indication ... I’m going to really enjoy this driving season. John

10/18/14: This is a pic of me pulling it into my garage. I had to jack it up as both front and rear wheels wouldn’t turn. Turns out it was just due to brake pads had frozen to the rotors.
View attachment 36815

3/1/20: Last week I got it insured and licensed and have started limited driving in my sub-division while checking it out.
View attachment 36816
Finally!

Great job John. She is a sweet looker. :thumbs:

No thank you. You've dedicated a few lifetimes to this project. I've been following silently. I wouldn't mind throwing together a single thread with pics which I can re-promote eventually.

She's an absolute beauty.

That would be fine with me Nik ... you're welcome to use anything I've posted and obviously I've got more pic if needed. Something I've wanted to do is thank one particular member but I wasn't quite sure how to do it and not offend others. "Luke 1967" and I have developed what I think is a special relationship as he's in the process of doing much the same thing I've done only he's got a '67 Marina Blue Roadster he's working on. He was invaluable with helping me disassemble, troubleshoot and then reassemble the Telescopic Steering Column in my car. Any thoughts on the proper way to do that? Thanks

Buy @Luke 1967 lots of beer/whisky/orange juice :)

Great to hear and exactly what CCF is about.

Maybe I can get a couple of special editions TShirts printed. We have a member here in the business who's expressed a desire to help CCF. So he can help us help you help Luke. You know how it goes :)

I'll see what I can do about compiling an article or if you have it all written out somewhere let me know.

Reactions: Jcpstrat
Yes ... some special TShirts would be great ... let me know if there's any charge for that and I'll be glad to take care of that or make a donation. There may be enough bits & pieces in my posts but I can also put something together for you if you prefer ... let me know if there's any sort of details you would like included. John

If I hadn't been following along on your restoration, I would have found it hard to believe that was the same car in those two pictures. What an amazing job you have done. You deserve to enjoy the corvette grin. A big thumbs up to the CCF community as well. Now for the next stage, pics and news of yourself enjoying that beauty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.