Apr 3, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Waitlisted 2023 C8
Province
ON
Now that I have my new C8, I've been looking into how to get some good pics of her. I started looking for photographers but had limited success. So...a few evenings ago I was out for a drive and found a nice location at sunset and snapped a couple pics with my phone. I don't, however, have any skills at editing so off to the web I went. I then stumbled into a service called Fiverr that lists people around the world with various skills, including photo manipulation, Photoshop, etc.

Long story short, I found a fellow in Pakistan who turned around my pic in 24 hours for $25 and the results were fantastic! I've included the original and the edited versions...amazing that you don't really need much more than a pic of your car to get incredible results!

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 185
  • final corvette render.jpg
    final corvette render.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 70
  • final corvette render 2.jpg
    final corvette render 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 81
If you are going to share the link please use PM function of your account. Appreciate it if you did not post it on the general forum. We have no control over what someone may or may not find with the site.

Now that I have my new C8, I've been looking into how to get some good pics of her. I started looking for photographers but had limited success. So...a few evenings ago I was out for a drive and found a nice location at sunset and snapped a couple pics with my phone. I don't, however, have any skills at editing so off to the web I went. I then stumbled into a service called Fiverr that lists people around the world with various skills, including photo manipulation, Photoshop, etc.

Long story short, I found a fellow in Pakistan who turned around my pic in 24 hours for $25 and the results were fantastic! I've included the original and the edited versions...amazing that you don't really need much more than a pic of your car to get incredible results!
photo looks good, but you do know you can do all the editing right on your iPhone photos app for free

photo looks good, but you do know you can do all the editing right on your iPhone photos app for free
Oh, I'm sure. And Dave and Murray...I'm not saying that there aren't opportunities to just put your car in an attractive setting and get a great picture straight out of the box. My point is that for a few bucks you can get a photo editing professional to help you out...and as someone without a lot of knowledge about photo manipulation, it's a really appealing option.

and as someone without a lot of knowledge about photo manipulation, it's a really appealing option.
Not for me. I see nothing appealing about that photo that can't be done with the right light. You don't need to be a photographer to take a good picture.

Oh, I'm sure. And Dave and Murray...I'm not saying that there aren't opportunities to just put your car in an attractive setting and get a great picture straight out of the box. My point is that for a few bucks you can get a photo editing professional to help you out...and as someone without a lot of knowledge about photo manipulation, it's a really appealing option.

Thanks for your post, pictures (I like your car's orange colour showing up in the sky) and suggestions on how people who aren't "photograph-savvy" can reach out to someone for help, as you mention above. Some might find it helpful.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Long story short, I found a fellow in Pakistan who turned around my pic in 24 hours for $25 and the results were fantastic!

I would pay $25 to block Murray's negative comments so that I could continue to feel good about myself...

If you are planning on just looking at it on a phone or computer, phone pictures are ok. But shooting with a professional grade SLR, lighting and composure techniques go a long way with photography. Especially if you ever wish to print a large format canvas or metal print.

I run a photography business and have done many rig roller shots, light painting, etc.

Reactions: Daemar and DenisC8
If you are planning on just looking at it on a phone or computer, phone pictures are ok. But shooting with a professional grade SLR, lighting and composure techniques go a long way with photography. Especially if you ever wish to print a large format canvas or metal print.

I run a photography business and have done many rig roller shots, light painting, etc.

Maybe there is an opportunity there for a Member's Glamour Day Event...

Reactions: mcdavies and Daemar
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.