Featured Thread
Just want to continue to thank everyone here who's taken the time to say such nice/encouraging things and will help to push me to final completion ... if that's ever really possible. ;) Remember most of what you see is what the body/paint shop did so they really deserve most of the credit. I did some rough body work and all the taking apart and putting it back together but the engine rebuild and final body work were done by professionals.

I know I'll have more questions but this engine 327co/350hp was rebuilt to original specs and has the 11:1 compression ration. Heads were machined to be able to run unleaded gas but does anyone have recommendations for the best gas to run and will I be needing to also add an Octane boost?

Right now it's got 93 octane gas with nothing added for boosting the octane. During my debug runs I haven't heard any knocking but I also haven't pushed it yet either.

Just want to continue to thank everyone here who's taken the time to say such nice/encouraging things and will help to push me to final completion ... if that's ever really possible. ;) Remember most of what you see is what the body/paint shop did so they really deserve most of the credit. I did some rough body work and all the taking apart and putting it back together but the engine rebuild and final body work were done by professionals.

I know I'll have more questions but this engine 327co/350hp was rebuilt to original specs and has the 11:1 compression ration. Heads were machined to be able to run unleaded gas but does anyone have recommendations for the best gas to run and will I be needing to also add an Octane boost?

Right now it's got 93 octane gas with nothing added for boosting the octane. During my debug runs I haven't heard any knocking but I also haven't pushed it yet either.

Most of us run 91 as a minimum. There's some 94 up here but most of it has ethanol added which a lot of us avoid. I have never heard any detonation knocking in either my C6 or my C7 but I guess you'rs will be trial and error to establish if you need an octane booster.

Reactions: Jcpstrat
Most of us run 91 as a minimum. There's some 94 up here but most of it has ethanol added which a lot of us avoid. I have never heard any detonation knocking in either my C6 or my C7 but I guess you'rs will be trial and error to establish if you need an octane booster.
Thks Rruuff Day ... what compression ratio are your engines?

Hi John, Great to see the car ready to go in the driveway. And, I see green grass and clean roads, I'm pretty sure I know what you will be doing this afternoon! The car looks gorgeous and your persistence and attention to detail has certainly paid off. Congratulations on a job well done.
Luke
BTW, I have benefited immensely from your experiences, tips, and advice as well. A big thumbs up to the Forum and all of you who have made it possible to connect and share our passions.

Reactions: Jcpstrat and Nik
Thanks Luke ... most things are working out but still chasing a few things and mostly minor things to finish out.

I created a new problem over the last 2 days ... when I installed the weatherstrip that goes around the doors ... now my doors won't close. ha ha Actually I had the same issue on the '74 I fixed up but I put that weatherstrip on in much warmer weather on it. Doors wouldn't initially close on it either and I adjusted the strikers out to where they would close to the first click, leaving outside of door about 1/4" out from the body at back of door. Then let it sit out in the sun. Over a few weeks I was able to keep adjusting the striker back in a little until the doors finally would close properly. We don't have that kind of heat right now so it may take me a little longer but they are closing to the 1st click at least. Keep me posted on yours! John

For your 327 you should be fine running 91 or anything higher you can get. I am running 91 in my 70 454 with no issues. Time the engine accordingly and you should be fine, but your ears are your best friend for tuning.

Reactions: Jcpstrat
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.