Battery replacement cost and/or warranty do not make for a great EV selling conversation as I find most everything electronic is “disposable” today. I don’t even consider the extended/replacement add-on fees for anything anymore. Too many exceptions and most often it will involve a third-party claim-process circus. jmo

That EV Hummer sure looks pretty cool though. 😂💸

Last edited:
Tesla pickup
tesla-cybertruck-front-oem-1-763x0.jpeg

Tesla pickup

"Alberta will add nearly 2,000 megawatts of renewable power capacity between 2017 and 2023, while Saskatchewan will add 587 megawatts in that time. The “Canada's Renewable Power” report says the country's total installed renewable capacity will hit 71% in 2023, or 106,027 megawatts, up from 67% in 2018."

If that is the case, they haven't done much since the 2017 start you mentioned. Last July we had two Level 2 alerts and the call out to reduce power consumption, especially between 4 and 7 pm. The load on the grid according to the AESO was 10,642 MW and 11,700MW respectively. They further advised that they were "several hundred" MW's away from a Level 3 alert which would require cutting electrical service to some customers to keep the system operating. They also said that "Supply is tight but still meeting demand." If they expect to have a renewable capacity of 106,027 MW by 2023, they better get off their a$$es as that is 10000% plus more capacity than the MW draw that necessitated the alerts in July. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/electricity-emergency-alert-level-2-1.6093996.

With that I would like to thank everyone for the low troll levels in this thread so far. Keep it up and I will recommend a transfer payment increase for NB at my next caucus meeting. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Dik

In 2020 Alberta received more money from Ottawa than it sent​

Alberta received roughly $68.5 billion in federal spending in 2020, almost double what it received in 2019.
You are correct.... For the first time in 50 years to be clear...And the rest of Canada also received a bonus in 2020 of which Alberta's gift was disproportional once again. Hey. I'm not complaining. I have a nephew living in your town that will appreciate the $21,000 per person windfall that NB received.

NB is officially the poorest province in Canada. So I would expect equalization to be high. Our hospitals and schools should meet the same standards as the rest of the country, which is the whole idea behind equalization.

Last edited:
But we are experiencing a $485million surplus so I expect that to go down. Feb 15, 2022 — The New Brunswick government's projected budget surplus for the current fiscal year has skyrocketed to almost half a billion dollars.

NB is officially the poorest province in Canada. So I would expect equalization to be high. Our hospitals and schools should meet the same standards as the rest of the country.
Yes but your provincial debt is reducing at a rate of a little more that a dollar a second. Canada's National Debt Clock : The Canadian Taxpayers Federation You keep that up and NB will be totally out of debt in about 31,700 years. Now that's something to look forward to.

• According to a 2020 Greencars report, 16 kWh Chevy Volt batteries cost ~$4,000 to replace, about $240/kWh.
  • These batteries have 17.1 kWh of capacity, putting this price at $350/kWh in 2021 dollars. Sold with new modules, that same battery pack is priced at $8,000, placing it at $467/kWh in 2021.
  • For the 2016-2018 Chevy Volt, battery packs are priced at roughly $3,000 on ebay. These batteries are 18.4 kWh, equating to $163/kWh to $152/kWh.

The Tesla S is a $130,000 vehicle in Canada. Far more of the less expensive models like the Chevy Volt will be sold. Tesla’s batteries are designed to outlast the body of the car itself. This means they should retain usable driving capacity well past 500,000 miles.
Historically the cycle life of batteries can be significant from one manufacturer to another. That is the critical factor. This battery segment will be no different so any type of mathmatical comparison is wishful thinking at best. Most current heavy industrial batteries are pro rated for warranty so to expect a new replacement after an extended period of time is unlikely.

Hydrogen might be the alternative at some point.

Historically the cycle life of batteries can be significant from one manufacturer to another. That is the critical factor. This battery segment will be no different so any type of mathmatical comparison is wishful thinking at best. Most current heavy industrial batteries are pro rated for warranty so to expect a new replacement after an extended period of time is unlikely.

Hydrogen might be the alternative at some point.
"Tesla’s batteries are designed to outlast the body of the car itself. This means they should retain usable driving capacity well past 500,000 miles." Tesla claims its battery packs lose only ~10% capacity after 200,000 miles

Thats GM for ya..

Mar 16, 2022 — GM faces class-action over allegedly defective truck paint. The lawsuit claims owners have seen "bubbles, flakes" in new-vehicle finishes ...

Dec 20, 2021 — General Motors knowingly sold vehicles with engines containing a dangerous fault in the fuel management lifter, putting drivers in danger, a new ...

Mar 28, 2020 — General Motors has agreed to pay $120 million to settle more claims that its deadly ignition-switch defect caused car owners economic harm,

Jan 19, 2022 — Now with more than 60 technical service bulletins (TSBs) filed related to GM's Hydra-Matic 8-speed transmission, a class action lawsuit has ...

"Innocent bystanders and pedestrians that were injured by a vehicle with faulty General Motors brakes should consider joining the GM Brake Class Action Lawsuit."

"GM Recall Lawsuits. In Early 2014, Millions of Chevrolet, Pontiac, Saturn and Other GM Vehicles Were Recalled Due to Safety Problems and Airbag Failures."

Dec 18, 2020 — GM is facing a new proposed class-action lawsuit over the engines in some of its most popular and best-selling trucks and SUVs. ...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread