I chuckle at the EV commercial on TV having a campout type heater powered from the EV … thinking … oh nice … good luck having enough battery in reserve for the trip home. Thinking every thing that is turned on while driving an EV will compromise the distance one can go before needing a recharge. All just crap talk for now until I get closer to the day for even considering one for purchasing. 🙂👍🏻

Keep this in mind when you plug in Spence. It didn't take very long to complete the burn.

Attachments

• CHARGING E-CARS.mp4
    2.6 MB
👆🏻Ya … I am definitely not an advocate of these vehicles at all. Not my plan for how to “heat” a home. But OMG … the Building Code is gonna hafta change for a garage-to-house fire separation and a fire-suppression system with that precedence. Long live the ICE 🙂👍🏻

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Ev’s are the laser disc of the automotive industry. Here for a very short time. The future is in hydrogen. The long term impacts of electric vehicles and their support systems are too inextricably linked to fossil fuels and other environmental issues. Hydrogen cells have no such connection and are stand alone power generators.

Don’t invest heavily in EV’s.

Ev’s are the laser disc of the automotive industry. Here for a very short time. The future is in hydrogen. The long term impacts of electric vehicles and their support systems are too inextricably linked to fossil fuels and other environmental issues. Hydrogen cells have no such connection and are stand alone power generators.

Don’t invest heavily in EV’s.
Don't know if Hydrogen will take off. Lot of interest for the bigger rigs. They'll be able to get rid of a lot of the pollution mitigation systems that are on there now like DEF etc. Trouble is they'll have to put in a mini salt spreader for the winter when the water in the exhaust freezes on the road. LOL

As much as I enjoy gas engines, my next car for my daily usage will be electric. My daily driving is spent in stuck traffic and stupid non-synchronized lights. It take 20 minutes to do 5 miles. I am burning gas not moving. Another reason : 70% of gas we consume in Quebec come from foreign countries. Going EV mean will send less money abroad. Of course, my weekend rides will continue to be powered by a good old small block.

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻
2E36DE86-520A-40F6-9A41-9F8FBD413540.gif
potential new topic in there 😇👍🏻

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy gas engines, my next car for my daily usage will be electric. My daily driving is spent in stuck traffic and stupid non-synchronized lights. It take 20 minutes to do 5 miles. I am burning gas not moving. Another reason : 70% of gas we consume in Quebec come from foreign countries. Going EV mean will send less money abroad. Of course, my weekend rides will continue to be powered by a good old small block.
yiu are incorrect my friend

U R not burning gas if your vehicle has the start/stop feature

your welcome

... another new topic ... :)
... it's the way threads go on here ... :angelic:
new topic.jpg

I got stop/start feature too ... hated it at the beginning ...
learned to cope especially after a 10000km return trip.
Funny while noticing heads turn at lights while in
Fredericton ... with my performance exhaust
kicking in on restarts. :p
Back to Calgary ... no one gives a s**t ... LOL

I live in Fredericton and we have vehicle noise bylaws here.

Apr 27, 2021 — A new section of Fredericton's noise bylaw passed by Fredericton city council on Monday will see disruptively loud vehicles get ticketed ...
Ya ... it felt a little like I was Jed Clampett moving in with a Black Gold Alberta license plate ... :Biggrin:

... factory add-on so all good ... not like what the import run-abouts have after-market there (actually everywhere)

Last edited:
Why doesnt Calgary have such laws? Dont they care about their citizens at all? And I dont care how you felt.View attachment 94751
Please chill ... its just a throaty start up ... same as what a C7 has - including with a 6.2 powerplant.
Yes YYC has noise bylaws ... anything factory complies whether I am here or in NB.
Your '76 should be way more throaty and turn more heads starting up than my Sierra ever would :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Timbo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread