Featured Thread
So if I walk away and leave the keys there, walk back the light should flash? I tried looking through the setup menu and found nothing....
You have to set up passive locking and I believe the alarm is always on. Look on page 119 of the manual

gotcha! that makes sense. Wasn't sure if it was just a 'visual preference' thing or something worth noting for making the most of the car.

I've never been one to notice wheels/rims, hence why I asked. Felt like I was making a faux pas because I like the plain ol' stock ones on Rapid blue - the guy at the Chev who builds all the corvettes suggested different rims but if it doesn't do much more than 'visually' change the look of the car I'm cool keeping the $1295-$1875 to put towards PPF
OMG that's the first thing I notice on any vehicle followed closely by looking for a hot babe behind the steering wheel. Nope I need to correct that, I saw a smoking hot woman driving a Jeep today and didn't notice the wheels on it !!!!!!!!! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Sparro and marcus86
So the day finally came for me yesterday and it was a long time coming. I've been following the C8 for years with spy shots and rumours. I put my deposit down way before the official reveal.. when most people started hounding the dealers for allocation.
Yesterday my Torch Red 2LT HTC arrived at my dealer around 8am and I picked it up at 2:30pm. The car is great, fit and finish are top notch! Everyone that's seen my car loves it and I've earned the name Magnum PI.... LOL. Nothing but thumbs up and my drive home yesterday. I'm following proper break-in procedures so I've kept it under 4000 RPMs.... but I can't wait to drop the hammer. This thing wants to go. Top up or top down... its great. Here's a few pics that we took yesterday.

View attachment 43545View attachment 43546View attachment 43547View attachment 43548View attachment 43549View attachment 43550View attachment 43551

Fastest colour. Love it. Congrats.

Reactions: Sparro
I still haven't noticed the wheels, it's orange right?

1599251622425.png

• Winner
Congrats, amazing car. For those that don’t get the magnum pi reference: in the new magnum PI tv show reboot, main character drives a Ferrari 488 HTC in red on tan leather with silver rims and yellow brakes

Attachments

• 90ACB043-6353-4E82-867F-FD684BFF794B.jpeg
    90ACB043-6353-4E82-867F-FD684BFF794B.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 30
So the day finally came for me yesterday and it was a long time coming. I've been following the C8 for years with spy shots and rumours. I put my deposit down way before the official reveal.. when most people started hounding the dealers for allocation.
Yesterday my Torch Red 2LT HTC arrived at my dealer around 8am and I picked it up at 2:30pm. The car is great, fit and finish are top notch! Everyone that's seen my car loves it and I've earned the name Magnum PI.... LOL. Nothing but thumbs up and my drive home yesterday. I'm following proper break-in procedures so I've kept it under 4000 RPMs.... but I can't wait to drop the hammer. This thing wants to go. Top up or top down... its great. Here's a few pics that we took yesterday.

View attachment 43545View attachment 43546View attachment 43547View attachment 43548View attachment 43549View attachment 43550View attachment 43551
Congrats Sparro...Looks great.... :thumbs:

Congrats, amazing car. For those that don’t get the magnum pi reference: in the new magnum PI tv show reboot, main character drives a Ferrari 488 HTC in red on tan leather with silver rims and yellow brakes
Reference still works for us old guys that were kids watching Tom Selleck driving around in his red 308GTS. But certainly see the closer car resemblance to the 488. Great colours.

Reactions: Sparro and DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.