Featured Thread
Nov 1, 2019
the GTA
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Spider
Province
ON
So the day finally came for me yesterday and it was a long time coming. I've been following the C8 for years with spy shots and rumours. I put my deposit down way before the official reveal.. when most people started hounding the dealers for allocation.
Yesterday my Torch Red 2LT HTC arrived at my dealer around 8am and I picked it up at 2:30pm. The car is great, fit and finish are top notch! Everyone that's seen my car loves it and I've earned the name Magnum PI.... LOL. Nothing but thumbs up and my drive home yesterday. I'm following proper break-in procedures so I've kept it under 4000 RPMs.... but I can't wait to drop the hammer. This thing wants to go. Top up or top down... its great. Here's a few pics that we took yesterday.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-03 at 9.20.44 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-03 at 9.20.44 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-04 at 8.42.53 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-04 at 8.42.54 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-04 at 8.42.55 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-04 at 8.42.55 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-04 at 8.42.56 AM.jpeg

Very nice. That front plate mounting box thingy ... well that was the first thing I removed once I got my car home and zip tied the plate to the grill. I wish Ontario didn't have them.
For those yet to come, don't let them put the front plate mount on. It scratches the paint. Look what sparro did. He bent the plate. The holes line up at the top of the plate.

Reactions: Sparro and ABC
Congrats on a gorgeous machine! It makes me even more anxious for mine, hopefully here in the next few weeks. Glad to hear your "fit and finish" is 100% and perhaps that bodes well for everyone if they've worked out the kinks. As for the rims, up to you of course but an option would be to powder coat them black if you want to save some dough and not worry about an extra set of rims hanging around. Black would contrast well with the yellow brake calipers. Enjoy!

Reactions: Sparro
maybe I should say you don't have to put a crease in the plate...
When (if) I get around to it I'll just use some standoffs and longer screws. Meanwhile the front plate is in the FRUNt trunK

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.