Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Has anyone removed the mode selector cover?

I am wondering if it is possible to remove the leather cover / hood on top of the mode selector, and if so what is actually left - do you end up with holes in the console cover by doing so.

What does it look like with just the round dial showing as opposed to the current leather fob cover.

Has anyone removed the mode selector cover?

I am wondering if it is possible to remove the leather cover / hood on top of the mode selector, and if so what is actually left - do you end up with holes in the console cover by doing so.

What does it look like with just the round dial showing as opposed to the current leather fob cover.
I'd like to replace the whole thing! I find it awkward when I have to use it. Plus it's stiffer than it needs to be. My old arthritic hands don't appreciate it.
Not sure why the Zmode switch doesn't just toggle between the modes. Always start with Z and end in My. Rinse repeat.
Actually I'd prefer the Z mode button to be the My mode button.
Or ..... the list goes on! LOL

I would love to see if it can be removed completely and just leave the dial exposed - easier to get at and not a reach around to try and rotate it.
Hence my question - can it just be removed and if so whats involved and what does it look like if it is removed? can you tell there was something there before prior when removed?

I would love to see if it can be removed completely and just leave the dial exposed - easier to get at and not a reach around to try and rotate it.
Hence my question - can it just be removed and if so whats involved and what does it look like if it is removed? can you tell there was something there before prior when removed?
Let us know if you figure it out. I'm with you.

I'd like to replace the whole thing! I find it awkward when I have to use it. Plus it's stiffer than it needs to be. My old arthritic hands don't appreciate it.
Not sure why the Zmode switch doesn't just toggle between the modes. Always start with Z and end in My. Rinse repeat.
Actually I'd prefer the Z mode button to be the My mode button.
Or ..... the list goes on! LOL
why not just flip the settings between Z mode and my mode. problem solved....

Reactions: Murray20c8
  • Agree
Reactions: MKC8
OK, WOW! That is one project not worth doing!
I think it might still be worth exploring just not sure what one would use to cover the holes - it appears any aftermarket product offering or covers as in Carbon Fiber or whatever are typically peel and stick around the area ( forward and aft of actual round mode selector ). I am not 100% sure of course but suspect it is a very small area, not withstanding the obvious no one wants 4 holes. Its a work in progress. I reached out to the gentlemen who did the you tube and also to Rick Conti to see if anyone has seen any options or other options. I like you believe there was not need for it - I simply do not rest my hand there? Maybe is is a simple as adding a 70th anniversary chrome logo from a " Land Cruiser " or something .... lol

1702382715011.png

I'm thinking a 3d printed plate with Stingray logo (or whatever you want) that you can screw back into that area.
Precisely, something that merely utilizes the same holes but is flat, with a corvette logo would look the part. I just don't know if at the end of the day with everything involved to actually get at it warrants the change. It appears to be a very large undertaking.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Pick a driving mode, and leave it there...
Problem is when you hit Z mode you have to use the dial to set it back to MY mode or it defaults to tour. IMO Defaulting to tour is dumb! It should default to MY mode.

Z-Mode all the time ... lol
If you like Z mode you still have to press it or set my mode to duplicate Z mode until you press Z mode button and it then defaults to tour on your next start up..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.