567Chevy

2 You're 10
Sep 20, 2013
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Stingray
I installed my MGW shifter last weekend. For those of you sitting on the fence, having driven the car for a week with this shifter, it's a real improvement.

I went for the flat stick and white ball, because I ran a Hurst shifter with a white ball on the M22 in my five seven back in the day. But there are lots of options.

JmXe9N.jpg

lMxlpp.jpg

Once you remove the stock shifter and compare the quality to the MGW, it's like day and night. The MGW is solid and the lever goes where you point it. Very worth while mod.

Can you use the stock shift knob on the MGW shifter? Im semi interested in this mod, but only if I can use the stock knob.

Also, how's the install? Ive installed one shifter before, but that was on a Tiburon, not a corvette lol.

The flat blade shifter won't take the stock shift knob, but MGW's normal (non-flat blade) shifter takes the stock knob. With their non-flat blade shifter, you can also order a second threaded shaft (it's for C5 knobs) that you can put on the shifter if you ever want to remove your stock knob, and then you have the option to buy whatever threaded knob out there fits.

The install is pretty easy, I just used the videos on MGW's site and took my time. The bolts that bolted the stock shifter box to the torque tube were stubborn, but with some penetrating oil and nudge from a vice grips they came right out with no damage to the torx head.

Some guys say they change it out in an hour and a half or two hours or whatever. It basically took me all day, but I also cleaned my house and had a couple beer.

One more thing - I also changed the standard handle to a flat blade, and that was very time consuming. I started with the standard handle then decided I wanted a flat blade, and MGW sent me the flat blade handle. That was a real pain to change over ... I wouldn't do it that way again. But there would be no such trouble between changing a C7 handle to a C5 handle, just a couple screws.

The flat blade shifter won't take the stock shift knob, but MGW's normal (non-flat blade) shifter takes the stock knob. With their non-flat blade shifter, you can also order a second threaded shaft (it's for C5 knobs) that you can put on the shifter if you ever want to remove your stock knob, and then you have the option to buy whatever threaded knob out there fits.

The install is pretty easy, I just used the videos on MGW's site and took my time. The bolts that bolted the stock shifter box to the torque tube were stubborn, but with some penetrating oil and nudge from a vice grips they came right out with no damage to the torx head.

Some guys say they change it out in an hour and a half or two hours or whatever. It basically took me all day, but I also cleaned my house and had a couple beer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.