Bump! Also a small change to departure time....

The MITM Red Deer departing group will now be meeting for bacon and eggers and coffee at the A & W , south Red Deer, west side of Gaetz/49th just east of London Drugs at 8:00 am.... We have rolled the departure time up to 8:30 am.

a-w-jpg.14093

If you would like to look at our route map for the first leg to Moose Jaw, here is a link.

Google Maps

And here is the list of members who have committed to the Red Deer Kick-off point so far:

1. Rruuff Day (me) (Eric and Brenda)
  2. Rick9456 (Rick and Kathy)
  3. RockyPM (Paul and Jo-Ann)
  4. Jeffer2013 (Jeff and Robin)

if you are interested in joining us or just want some more info, please jump in by replying to this post or pm-ing me at
Rruuff Day

You can also find additional info and lots of details regarding this cruise including hotels we have booked, special Corvette functions that are planned for the weekend in Winnipeg, and lots of very kewl swag available for purchase to commemorate this inaugural cruise. Click on the link to take you to the Event post on our sister site, the Corvette Zone. Meet in the Middle 2018

PS Update: Brenda and I drove the proposed route from Red Deer as far as Rosetown, Sask. last week (No, not in the Corvette) and I was pleased to have noted that this route as far as Rosetown does pass Corvette muster with flying colours.

Eric

Attachments

• ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
Bump! Also a small change to departure time....

The MITM Red Deer departing group will now be meeting for bacon and eggers and coffee at the A & W , south Red Deer, west side of Gaetz/49th just east of London Drugs at 8:00 am.... We have rolled the departure time up to 8:30 am.

a-w-jpg.14093

If you would like to look at our route map for the first leg to Moose Jaw, here is a link.

Google Maps

And here is the list of members who have committed to the Red Deer Kick-off point so far:

1. Rruuff Day (me) (Eric and Brenda)
  2. Rick9456 (Rick and Kathy)
  3. RockyPM (Paul and Jo-Ann)
  4. Jeffer2013 (Jeff and Robin)

if you are interested in joining us or just want some more info, please jump in by replying to this post or pm-ing me at
Rruuff Day

You can also find additional info and lots of details regarding this cruise including hotels we have booked, special Corvette functions that are planned for the weekend in Winnipeg, and lots of very kewl swag available for purchase to commemorate this inaugural cruise. Click on the link to take you to the Event post on our sister site, the Corvette Zone. Meet in the Middle 2018

PS Update: Brenda and I drove the proposed route from Red Deer as far as Rosetown, Sask. last week (No, not in the Corvette) and I was pleased to have noted that this route as far as Rosetown does pass Corvette muster with flying colours.

Eric

Updated for you on the Meet in the Middle 2018 event post Eric. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Bumpity Bump-Bump.... so to date it looks like five leaving from Calgary, four leaving from Red Deer, and three leaving from Edmonton.... That's a dozen of us plus at least a couple pick-ups on the way and lots of time left for late decision makers... July can't come soon enough.... What am I saying....lol.... Spring can't come soon enough..... :Cheers2:

Bumpity Bump-Bump.... so to date it looks like five leaving from Calgary, four leaving from Red Deer, and three leaving from Edmonton.... That's a dozen of us plus at least a couple pick-ups on the way and lots of time left for late decision makers... July can't come soon enough.... What am I saying....lol.... Spring can't come soon enough..... :Cheers2:
Any idea how many are coming from the east?

Reactions: YFCvii

Not really Jim. Yourself and rumours from LeBaron and AllFlash but not much for solid RSVP's as far as I can see. @Riley P may know of some more, and I believe he was trying to also corral the Saskatchewan guys together. But it is early yet. As I noted a while back, last year's mountain run doubled it's numbers in the last three weeks before the cruise. I'm not on facebook so not sure if there's some people chatting about it there or not....

Not really Jim. Yourself and rumours from LeBaron and AllFlash but not much for solid RSVP's as far as I can see. @Riley P may know of some more, and I believe he was trying to also corral the Saskatchewan guys together. But it is early yet. As I noted a while back, last year's mountain run doubled it's numbers in the last three weeks before the cruise. I'm not on facebook so not sure if there's some people chatting about it there or not....
HI Eric ... I do not see much of any chatter for MITM on facebook. I see the Mountain Cruise being mentioned and I am all over the Cold Lake Event with the "alberta corvette" group on facebook. I will look and see ... then I'll post a link to the corvette zone on that group if it's missing.

Update: I posted MITM facebook "alberta coverttes" group ... so it should gain attention this Weekend ...
maybe they will kick me out of the group soon for posting too much stuff ... we will see

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann

Jim,
Mr. LEBARON from Quebec and yourself are the only 2 members from East of Winnipeg to RSVP on the Corvette Zone MITM event. There are a couple others who have indicated they are coming and have not yet used the RSVP button.
I have not yet looked at the traffic on the CZ MITM post to determine who is looking. Actually not sure I can as there is not a mandatory sign up for CZ to keep track. @Nik can maybe help us out there. We are planning a bump notification to the CCF members in the next weeks to get some views and remind the folks this is coming up.

One not so small general reminder,

The MITM sales items will be only available for a limited time. I will be collecting the orders and placing my order with the vendor by May 1st. Then shipping all the items out in May when I am back home.

I do not plan on loading my car and travelling with this stuff or buying and shipping a bunch of it on spec to Winnipeg. I'm going on this trip to enjoy it ... not run around all weekend selling T-shirts and caps. So please spread the word guys...once this order is in, it's done. The items will not be up on the CZ store from that day forward. @Nik we will likely need an info burst on this as well so anyone who thought they could just pick this stuff up in Winnipeg or anytime before or after needs to know that won't be the case. I would like to make sure anyone who wants something from MITM gets it before it's too late. I have discussed a group order for the Winnipeg guys and gals with @81Wayne already so that's in the works.
The reasoning for all this is simple. As the organizer, and to keep you all "Spam and Commercial free"; upfront all of this is coming out of my pocket and the number of combinations and sizes makes it very sketchy for me to just place a large order and hope to sell it all. I do not want to end up with boxes full of unsold and unswearable stuff. (Ladies medium doesn't fit me plus the scoop neck makes my man boobs look big)
The proceeds of these sales are going to fund the events trophies and prizes. If sales are good and I go past even, the extra few bucks will be donated to charities on behalf of CCF and CCOM.

Thanks guys,

Derek

Last edited:
It starts to get embarrassing when your moobs start to look better than your wife's.....:Wacky:

Anyway! The Sask crowd has been quiet. I have a few people interested, and a couple committed. I don't think this -21 this morning is helping anything. I'll also put another call out to drum up some interest.....but maybe wait until next week when our berries have thawed out and we can start thinking of driving our cars again.

Actually Murray, no one will admit to it but nearly 3000 members after reading this post will grade the level of their man boobs in the mirror as soon as they are alone.....
:rofl:
Although the calendar says April 6th, looking out the window it says January 96th, 2018 ...
and attempting to find something to do ... non-corvette body parts appears :Wideyed:
I will choose to walk right by the mirror and just grab the blow dryer to take outside and melt some snow :rolleyes:
or maybe I'll just paint a wall inside and watch it dry :Wacky:
without my derailing the derail :Shy: ... I must say that I am sooooo much looking forward to the drive and the meal in Moose Jaw this summer ... :D
... but in the meantime out to the trash goes my old stretched neckline t-shirts ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread