Gordon B

I'm New Here
Aug 9, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hello I am a new user, I am starting the process to purchase a C6 Z06. Can anyone advise on the engines valve issue and what years are effected.
Thanks

Hello I am a new user, I am starting the process to purchase a C6 Z06. Can anyone advise on the engines valve issue and what years are effected.
Thanks

I'm not an LS7 owner Gordon, but thought I would share this little tidbid on the subject from GM. I'm sure others some LS7 owners will chime in as well. And welcome to the forum by the way. How about sharing a bit of an intro and pics of your car when you take delivery. Good luck. :)

LS7 Valve guide issue summary:
• Affects a small, number of '08, 09 ’10 and ’11 Z06’s
• GM discovered the condition through our cylinder head warranty data involving a very small percentage of our vehicles.
• Through inspection of returned heads, it was determined that a machining error in the valve guide had occurred at our head supplier.
• The quality issue has been contained as of Feb 2011 with 100% inspection of all heads.
• The most common customer complaint has been excessive valve train noise.
However if the condition is not addressed, it could result in engine failure. To date, where this condition has been observed, it has occurred early in the vehicle life.
What customers need to know: They should drive and enjoy their vehicles without fear. If their car demonstrates this condition, they are likely to hear unusual valvetrain noise first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.