Dec 5, 2023
VetteCoins
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while now

I recently put a deposit down on a 24’ 2lt convertible at the local dealer in Montreal. The car should be here in January. The spec of the car is not to my liking but the dealer did promise to get me a z06 in 2 to 3 years which is a bonus. I have owned many sports car previously (GTR, F-type, Camaro) including a c6 ZR1. I am looking forward to meet some of you in the future.

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while now

I recently put a deposit down on a 24’ 2lt convertible at the local dealer in Montreal. The car should be here in January. The spec of the car is not to my liking ?
Hello and welcome! Not sure how long you've been lurking but there are enough threads on here to educate you a bit that the market is changing and the long lists to get these cars is disappearing. Can you tell me why you put a deposit down on a car you don't like? Did someone walk away from an order that is already in your dealers system that is too far along to change to a spec that you do like?
Did you check out the new Showcase section of this site to see if there is a car that is more to your liking?
Finally, would you prefer it if one of us was able to help you immediately order a car exactly to your specification for delivery in the next 60-120 days before spring?
I have not heard back from you would you prefer my questions in French?
Bonjour et bienvenue! Je ne sais pas depuis combien de temps vous vous cachez, mais il y a suffisamment de discussions ici pour vous informer un peu que le marché évolue et que les longues listes pour obtenir ces voitures disparaissent. Pouvez-vous me dire pourquoi vous déposez une caution pour une voiture que vous n'aimez pas ? Quelqu'un a-t-il abandonné une commande qui se trouve déjà dans le système de votre concessionnaire et qui est trop avancée pour passer à une spécification que vous aimez ?
Avez-vous consulté la nouvelle section Vitrine de ce site pour voir s'il existe une voiture qui vous plaît davantage ?
Enfin, préféreriez-vous que l'un de nous puisse vous aider à commander immédiatement une voiture exactement selon vos spécifications pour une livraison dans les 60 à 120 jours avant le printemps ?

Last edited:
Hi, welcome, I live in Marieville, Quebec, south of Montreal. Highway 10. Which dealer did you buy from? Also, what Mr. Corvette said , buying a car not to your liking, when wait times are very reduced. As for your Z06, you better put a deposit in other dealerships , not just him, trust me, I should know. I waited 35 months to get my C8 and I got it in January 2023, so had to wait another 3 months, to drive it.:Banghead: You are going to love this car . Give us a description of what you bought , besides the fact it being a 2LT HTC.

Hello and welcome! Not sure how long you've been lurking but there are enough threads on here to educate you a bit that the market is changing and the long lists to get these cars is disappearing. Can you tell me why you put a deposit down on a car you don't like? Did someone walk away from an order that is already in your dealers system that is too far along to change to a spec that you do like?
Did you check out the new Showcase section of this site to see if there is a car that is more to your liking?
Finally, would you prefer it if one of us was able to help you immediately order a car exactly to your specification for delivery in the next 60-120 days before spring?
I have not heard back from you would you prefer my questions in French?
Bonjour et bienvenue! Je ne sais pas depuis combien de temps vous vous cachez, mais il y a suffisamment de discussions ici pour vous informer un peu que le marché évolue et que les longues listes pour obtenir ces voitures disparaissent. Pouvez-vous me dire pourquoi vous déposez une caution pour une voiture que vous n'aimez pas ? Quelqu'un a-t-il abandonné une commande qui se trouve déjà dans le système de votre concessionnaire et qui est trop avancée pour passer à une spécification que vous aimez ?
Avez-vous consulté la nouvelle section Vitrine de ce site pour voir s'il existe une voiture qui vous plaît davantage ?
Enfin, préféreriez-vous que l'un de nous puisse vous aider à commander immédiatement une voiture exactement selon vos spécifications pour une livraison dans les 60 à 120 jours avant le printemps ?
Thank you for the suggestion but I think I will keep my order. I have been following this forum for a while now and I am well aware of the current situation. I was on the Brian Cullen list for 1.5 years until recently. I have found this new dealer in Montreal that has a car at 3000 and they said they can get a z06 in 2 to 3 years since they have a short waiting list.

As for the spec, it is not that bad but i just find the color combo a bit boring, too safe. It is a 2LT convertible non z51. Black, 5 spoke silver wheels with grey interior. It also has low profile spoiler, mag ride and performance exhaust with black tips.

Hi, welcome, I live in Marieville, Quebec, south of Montreal. Highway 10. Which dealer did you buy from? Also, what Mr. Corvette said , buying a car not to your liking, when wait times are very reduced. As for your Z06, you better put a deposit in other dealerships , not just him, trust me, I should know. I waited 35 months to get my C8 and I got it in January 2023, so had to wait another 3 months, to drive it.:Banghead: You are going to love this car . Give us a description of what you bought , besides the fact it being a 2LT HTC.
I want to put down more deposit and I have spoken to multiple dealers here in Quebec. Either they are not willing to put me on the list or they have a list that is too long (2 cars per year and 20 ppl on the list). I think I will join the Brian Cullen list again for the E-Ray once they receive more info on the allocation as a back up plan.

The spec of my car is: black on grey 2LT HTC non z51 with mag ride and performance exhaust.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Thank you for the suggestion but I think I will keep my order. I have been following this forum for a while now and I am well aware of the current situation. I was on the Brian Cullen list for 1.5 years until recently. I have found this new dealer in Montreal that has a car at 3000 and they said they can get a z06 in 2 to 3 years since they have a short waiting list.

As for the spec, it is not that bad but i just find the color combo a bit boring, too safe. It is a 2LT convertible non z51. Black, 5 spoke silver wheels with grey interior. It also has low profile spoiler, mag ride and performance exhaust with black tips.
I still don't get why you would take a car you find not bad and boring, when you could order exactly what you want? What number are you on the Z06 list at the Montreal dealer?

He's driving it.
always a smart ass in the crowd....You do know it's December, so I'm pretty sure the car doesn't come with Snow Tires or studs on the tires. Not sure I'd be too excited to expose my Vette on it's 1st drive to our brutal Cdn winter roads....but, who asked you?? lol

Butsy, not being a smart ass as I was messaging him last weekend about 2 gaps in the weather this week for him to get there and back as he doesn't want it shipped.
Today is sunny and 10C and tomorrow will be hitting a high of 13C for leaving his destination area. For the drive today he has Sunny conditions to Cullen's, and tomorrow is cloudy and a high of 4C in Mount Tremblant for the drive back on the All Season Tires in his new car. He should be fine.
Not sure if you checked but I did.

Reactions: butsy and 1st Vette
Butsy, not being a smart ass as I was messaging him last weekend about 2 gaps in the weather this week for him to get there and back as he doesn't want it shipped.
Today is sunny and 10C and tomorrow will be hitting a high of 13C for leaving his destination area. For the drive today he has Sunny conditions to Cullen's, and tomorrow is cloudy and a high of 4C in Mount Tremblant for the drive back on the All Season Tires in his new car. He should be fine.
Not sure if you checked but I did.
Winter tire laws in Quebec, are in effect.:Nono1: Also the streets are full of snow, sleet and salt.

Winter tire laws in Quebec, are in effect.:Nono1: Also the streets are full of snow, sleet and salt.
If I remember correctly you get a grace period on brand new car to get them shoed properly as dealer are not required to sell them with snows on.

He will be fine driving home but it will be one filthy Vette by the time he gets home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.