I saw another Western Corvette member who had one of these. He would use it at car shows to remove his wheels to detail the car. It was fairly compact in size. Plug it into your cigarette lighter and away you go. It worked real slick. Said he bought it at Princess Auto surplus but they haven't had them for years. Found it on eBay.
1 Ton Electric Scissor 12V Cigarette Adapter Auto Car Jack Lift 2000 Lbs | eBay

I saw another Western Corvette member who had one of these. He would use it at car shows to remove his wheels to detail the car. It was fairly compact in size. Plug it into your cigarette lighter and away you go. It worked real slick. Said he bought it at Princess Auto surplus but they haven't had them for years. Found it on eBay.
1 Ton Electric Scissor 12V Cigarette Adapter Auto Car Jack Lift 2000 Lbs | eBay

That looks pretty good but I don't know if it will be low enough as I am going to lower the car on the stock bolts.
I like the idea of the hockey pucks, will maybe go that route.
Thanks,
Kevin

I don't know about the C7s but my jack has rubber pads that do the job just fine. I have a couple of sets of wheels and tires that get swapped back and forth with no problems at all. Nothing wrong with the jacking pucks either, I just don't need them.

Hi, just purchase them today from RPI design, paid $46.49US incl shipping to Canada. The one I bougt are lock in live in place, item number C7-955. There is a nice YouTube video on them. I did lots of research on this and believe this are best so far.

snap in low profile pucks installed since day 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to give those DIY pucks a try. Won't leave them in all the time but they would be nice to have occasionally, like when I take it to the dealer for an oil change as they do put it up (no oil change pit). With all the pucks I have in the house better than spending $50 for a set.

Just a little hint for those that need it:

Posting pictures in any other way than stacked one on the other will result in extending the screen too widely, which doesn't allow for quick and easy reading or viewing.

All this means is that web addresses for pictures should be one on the other and only takes a short time to adjust in your posts.
In other words one url to each line.

Everyone will be most appreciative for everyone's effort.

If you need help with this let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.