Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I was wondering if anyone has found that the side intakes are actually drawing in debris whilst driving?
I am looking at installing these but just not sure if they are actually required, and if so which ones others may have purchased.
Appreciate any help - thanks

Nice project for over the winter to do inside the garage.

They look like this and apparently stop leaves and crap from getting in there and being sucked into the radiators?
Hopefully someone has installed these or something similar? Side intake Mesh Grilles
They won't stop anything getting sucked in. They WILL protect the rads from some damage. Anything smaller than the grate will get through, but anything larger will get lodged in there. I have the front ones but didn't bother with the side ones. I haven't seen any damage or debris, but I've never really looked.

Has anybody on any forum ever discussed problems with the various intakes and rads etc getting plugged with debris? I am genuinely curious because there’s lots of discussion about these products for protection, but is that due something made up to sell stuff or a real concern?
Funny you should ask ...I ordered my set from the radiator grill store the minute I pulled into the driveway from the dealer on delivery day

Yea the 5 kms that I drove home .... I could already see a few dings in the front rads....

I ordered the complete set from RGS including the side vent grills ...the front grills work well for 1 of 2 reasons or both

1 . the protection grills offer much less of an opportunity for debris to hit the rads ...

2. the protection grills are black with a fine honeycomb pattern ... and they blackout the rads behind them and you really cant see the rads

As for the side vents ... try as I might I could not get them in :Banghead: so I stopped trying in fear of damaging my car .

However 6500 kms later the drivers side vent is pretty much a black hole not much visible there ... but I try to clean it whenever i wash the car .

The passenger side rad which is clearly visible has not 1 blemish .. go figure

I would 100% recommend front rad protection grills left right and center .... side grills ....take it or leave it ....if you can get them in ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.