IMG_3383.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

Hockey pucks for me!!! Works fine! I just don't like leaving something somewhere it does not belong

Reactions: Tango
image.jpeg
I make my own as well...
I don't leave them in-place.
I always carry a full set when travelling in-case i'm at a shop that doesn't have any.

These work on C5 a C7s....
If anyone lives near and wants to make a set they can come over and i'll show you how and/or make them with you.
Graham

Last edited:
Reactions: Fore V
Just want to pass on a big thanks to @C SEVEN GS Bob for his old C5 pucks obtained over the weekend. How can one be more Canadian as @SN-III mentioned. Thanks Bob

And to boot,look what I found sitting on a stack of cones on an early morning job today. A suitable replacement if one of the practice pucks fail.

C8A5A51B-DCE5-4EAA-A2D2-29D666BAC34E.jpeg

Was wondering if anyone has ordered or using jacking pucks for your C7 and if
so which ones and where did you order them from?

Thanks,
Kevin

Howdy.

I made lifting pucks from hockey pucks and used them on my C6 but I wasn't really pleased with the result. I thought they were a bit squishy and wobbly but I had nothing else to compare them to.

Just last week I contacted the parts department at Westgate Chevrolet and they sent me their supplier's contact c/w part number information:

Kent-Moore Tools (Toolsource.com)
Part Number: J-43625

…. I haven't tried our forum sponsor yet but I'll give them a "go" first!

Howdy.

I made lifting pucks from hockey pucks and used them on my C6 but I wasn't really pleased with the result. I thought they were a bit squishy and wobbly but I had nothing else to compare them to.

Just last week I contacted the parts department at Westgate Chevrolet and they sent me their supplier's contact c/w part number information:

Kent-Moore Tools (Toolsource.com)
Part Number: J-43625

…. I haven't tried our forum sponsor yet but I'll give them a "go" first!

Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! Our sponsor, Corvette Central has a good selection of Jacking Pads at a good price. This is the link to the C7 pads:

Reactions: Nik and ddgermann
Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! Our sponsor, Corvette Central has a good selection of Jacking Pads at a good price. This is the link to the C7 pads:

Never ever forget these are in place and drive away ... that might be part of the "...if used as directed ..."

Reactions: ddgermann and Dik
The detailing place I use refused to do my wheels unless I supplied pucks...

I’m not surprised to hear that. It’s not reasonable to expect a business to accept the liability of damages to the car with incorrect lifting pucks. And also not reasonable to expect a business to supply them for all the different cars they may encounter.

Don’t think I know any C4-7 owners without the pucks either installed on the car or in it for this and emergency work reasons.
Mine are tucked into my rear storage beside the special funnel to bypass the fuel gates.

I have attached the lifting or jacking information for the C7 supplied by the Part and Service Departments at Westgate Chev. Good info if you want to set your car on blocks/jack-stands for the winter (me) or simply to jack-up for a tire change ....

Attachments

• Jacking, Lifting C7 Corvettes.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
FYI, the scanned document I got was a bit washed out so it didn't show the exact points very clearly so I traced the jacking/lifting points in a blue pen. These are the dark blue squares in the last few pages.....

• Agree
Reactions: Nik
Nice info Dik, but you might want to look into hoisting a mag ride car for extended time periods.
Apparently the suspension requires load. If the load is missing (for extended time) our cars turn to dust........or something not good.
Check into it, before it's too late.

Reactions: Dik and EJChevy
I've done some research on the subject and found the best way to store your car.

Leaving it on flat ground can cause flat spots.

Jacking it up can damage the suspension (shocks leaking, for example).

You can get a product like these specialized ramps called 'Flatstoppers'. I'm sure there are alternative options out there.

flatstoppers-main.jpg

The rounded surface your car sits on prevents flat spots from developing and the suspension stays loaded - the way it's meant to be.

They don't seem too expensive either.

I've done some research on the subject and found the best way to store your car.

Leaving it on flat ground can cause flat spots.

Jacking it up can damage the suspension (shocks leaking, for example).

You can get a product like these specialized ramps called 'Flatstoppers'. I'm sure there are alternative options out there.

flatstoppers-main.jpg

The rounded surface your car sits on prevents flat spots from developing and the suspension stays loaded - the way it's meant to be.

They don't seem too expensive either.

Those are Race Ramps brand flatstoppers. I looked at them for about $280.00 US for the wider Vette tires. Made my own from some scrap lumber and 2" styrofoam insulation I had kicking around for about $0.28 US... 4 years now and they work great ...Yeah... they ain't pretty but the leftover change was....lol....

1570564991778.png

I have a set of the flatstoppers, I bought them in the fall of 2013, they were expensive. I have never had any troubles with my tires, other than wearing out to quickly due to the Go pedal! 🏁 I also had not yet discovered the CCF and the tons of GREAT INFO that's here.

Nice info Dik, but you might want to look into hoisting a mag ride car for extended time periods.
Apparently the suspension requires load. If the load is missing (for extended time) our cars turn to dust........or something not good.
Check into it, before it's too late.

Oh geez. This is news to me! Thank you EJ, Axe.

.... I am leaning towards Rruuff's solution.... :Cheers2:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.