This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

It’s here!…. And a question

Congrats !! It looks stunning Just have to wait a few more years to see what mine will look like in real life !!

Quick Update. I was able to isolate the squeaking to the right rear brake only. Dealership ordered new pads and installed them. The squeaking went away for a day and has now come back with a vengeance. It is now happening as early as 30/kmh whereas previously it was only under 10/kmh. The dealer has now ordered a new rotor and I have ordered my own copper anti seize that I will have them apply as per the Rick Conti video. If that doesn’t fix the issue, I am out of ideas.

Reactions: Murray20c8
That sucks

I have been driving my non z51 htc (mag ride) for a week now and so far no issues other than the front lift slight coffee grinder noise (which doesn’t need fixing according to the forums). Absolute dream of a car though!

Easy solution for me.

Yes this is a well-known issue with Z51 cars. And not just the C8.

My solution to the problem which always seems to happen when the weather is really dry, is to put a high pressure stream from a garden hose to the calipers and rotors to wash the loose dust off. Especially between rotor and pads.

That is what makes the squealing sound. Should be good for some driving afterwards till u have to repeat the process. Works for some cars, not for others, so it is a hit and miss strategy.

You may also notice that when the weather is wet, no brake squeal. Because dust is washed off by rain as you drive. For you pussies that drive only in dry, you will have more squeal.

My 2021 Z51 car is going in for its second oil change at the dealer tomorrow and they are going to look into its intermittent loud brake squealing....its annoying!
That’s curing the symptom instead of the problem but yes, pressure washing solves it for me too for a few miles. Given its one brake for me only, it can obviously be fixed for good…somehow.

Reactions: carbuff
Had my rims and callipers ceramic coated along with the rest of the car and interior. Still get almost as much dust, but on black rims it doesn't show up as bad. Can't say my brakes on my Z51 have ever squealed but I have had to hit them hard a few times because of idiot drivers out there. One time a guy backed out of an angle parking parking space a few yards in front of me. Must say the ABS worked well that day too. The guy kept backing out like I was in his way. As far as the HTC that was a no brainer for me. Having owned a 2019 C7 coupe it was a pain to take off the top. Used to have a 1974 coupe when I was a teenager, but those were T Tops. Not as cumbersome as the one piece. Guess my point was maybe try slamming on your brakes a few times. See if that stops the squealing. Maybe you are being to easy on them causing them to glaze over. These cars are made for track use so nobody goes easy on the brakes on the track.

Attachments

• IMG_3538.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: