Mar 25, 2021
VetteCoins
After 1.5 years of waiting, I finally got my 2023 z51 a couple of weeks back. Loving the ride though I am still in the brake in period and can’t really compare yet to other cars I have had. For anyone still looking to configure theirs, I would encourage you to look at the HTC. I have been enjoying driving with the top off and while it’s easy enough to manually do it, a push of the button to do it would be really nice.

Now to my question. Occasionally at city speeds, I am getting the well documented brake squeal. I am almost at 800 kms and will do a proper brake burnish after this but I wanted to ask if the only real solution to this is changing out the pads or should I visit the dealership w.r.t the GM bulletin on this and have them work on it.

42FEDBA2-6225-4348-ADF9-0B68D73084D7.jpeg

93297490-0E1F-448A-9F49-60883B824611.jpeg
D2C4D86B-D733-4E1A-A536-632935E1618E.jpeg

Bumping up to see if anyone has comments on the brake squeaking. Worth getting the service as per GM bulletin?
Well, seeing as to how you bumped up for a response, here it is- sure if the squeaking bothers you then it’s worth talking to your GM service folks and asking them what they think. If your local dealer doesn’t have much Corvette or C8 experience then try calling one of the big three.

Btw- beautiful car!

Do you park outside Murray? Mine squeak if I put the car away wet. Goes away quick...
No, always garaged. It could be because of the backing on the pads. If I'm not mistaken they are there to prevent squeaking. Perhaps mine are loose. <shrug> anyway, it doesn't bother me. Might bother my neighbors, but I don't like John's or mine.

Bumping up to see if anyone has comments on the brake squeaking. Worth getting the service as per GM bulletin?
I have a 2021 Z51 and no squeals but lots of dust.
Check out Summit Racing part number PWR-Z26-8009 for your squeal and dust problems.
It takes as long to clean the rims as it does the entire car.
Congratulations on your new ride looks great.

Reactions: Shiraz
After 1.5 years of waiting, I finally got my 2023 z51 a couple of weeks back. Loving the ride though I am still in the brake in period and can’t really compare yet to other cars I have had. For anyone still looking to configure theirs, I would encourage you to look at the HTC. I have been enjoying driving with the top off and while it’s easy enough to manually do it, a push of the button to do it would be really nice.

Now to my question. Occasionally at city speeds, I am getting the well documented brake squeal. I am almost at 800 kms and will do a proper brake burnish after this but I wanted to ask if the only real solution to this is changing out the pads or should I visit the dealership w.r.t the GM bulletin on this and have them work on it.

View attachment 99846

View attachment 99847View attachment 99848
Congrats on your new ride. The wait was worth it, I am sure. Love the new 23's!

Reactions: Shiraz
For brake dust, consider ceramic coating your rims which will then make it easier to clean them. Worked like a charm for me.

BTW, as others have said: congrats on the nice ride!
Good idea. I was planning to do just that. I did the whole car a few weeks after delivery, but left the wheels as I was stripping the silver finish and doing them in carbon flash powder. But I will take the wheels off one day soon, clean them well, and coat them. It works wonders for removing bugs from leading surfaces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.