does the Corvette pick up higher than normal road noise? I have had a 911 and just before the Vette I had a Jaguar XK and I have to say that the cockpit was certainly quieter in those models...... I appreciate that the tires on the Vette are definitely wider than those I had on the XK, but not much difference than those on the 911.......

It is certainly the tires as I noticed a difference between my 2014 Z51 a day my 2017 GS. Purchased one of the custom made sound mats for cargo area. Oy about 4-5 cm thick and not at all heavy. You don't even see it there as it is custom fit. Makes a significant difference. The other option is to load with luggage for a long trip. Has much the same effect.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
does the Corvette pick up higher than normal road noise? I have had a 911 and just before the Vette I had a Jaguar XK and I have to say that the cockpit was certainly quieter in those models...... I appreciate that the tires on the Vette are definitely wider than those I had on the XK, but not much difference than those on the 911.......
I never have the lid up - so, noise is not a concern for me. Well, almost never as there was a few days with the top up; but, I drive my car in sport mode anyway because I love the sound. I do know that road noise can be mitigated with additional insulation between wheel wells, front cabin interface with the engine, hood and thicker pane glass.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
My wife is a quilter. Perhaps I should pull the seats and carpet out of the car and let her at it. Triple Irish Chain pattern would be sweet. At least the quilters would love it. This one is all hand quilted. The hours that went into it are unbelievable but the finished product is unbelievable too. Well, it does look good on a bed.
IMG_8023.JPG

It's beautiful Keith. I bought a ticket on a quilt raffle a few years ago and won. I just forget how many hours they told me was involved but it was huge.

Bill
Months and months on this one. Dale uses these as gifts to special people. One in Peoria Arizona, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Newfoundland, Ireland and with special family and friends closer to home. An elderly friend had cross stitched the pictures on all the panels for a quilt and they weren't going together right. She gave it all to Dale as she had had her fill. Dale got it figured out, finished it and it got back to the lady. Doing all those little "Xs" would drive us men insane. If you ever see a lot of people standing around our car, scratching their heads, then you will know what I have done.
IMG_0137.JPG

Last edited:
Hello all. First post, but have been monitoring the discussions-they have been very useful, especially for Canadian references. Just purchased a 2019 Z06 3LZ and would like to deaden the interior tire/road noise. Are there any shops in GTA area that members would recommend for this? I could get the Block-it kit but I'm not sure it will be as effective as a product that is installed (Dynamax, Noico etc.), plus no delivery to Canada. I expect some high end audio shops might take this installation on, but I am not familiar with them. I would welcome any suggestions.

Its a corvette - not a luxury sedan (Jag.) nor a $150,000.00 + 911 - my friend's 911 S vert is noisy with the lid down and my C7 with lid up is quite quiet - at least to my ears. You can't compare the cars, I don't think?

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Its a corvette - not a luxury sedan (Jag.) nor a $150,000.00 + 911 - my friend's 911 S vert is noisy with the lid down and my C7 with lid up is quite quiet - at least to my ears. You can't compare the cars, I don't think?

Totally agree with your comment, never tried to compare the Vette to a luxury sedan. I consider both the 911 and XK to be sports more than luxury. The G.S. is my first corvette and simply made the noise comparison..... The Vette is good value for the $$..... I guess I was expecting a quieter cabin.

I find my C7 with factory tires runs quieter than the
my 2009 Cadillac CTS V. The caddy always had a low pitch whine. My C7 you can hear a bit of road noise, which I expect when sitting almost on the road.

Champion Motorsports is the common go-to in the GTA for Corvette stuff. Since you're in King City, I'd see if Engineered Automotive can help you out - but I'm not certain on their experience with Corvettes - and they wouldn't be cheap.
Champion already does the mechanical work on my CTS-V, and I plan to use them for non-warranty work on the Corvette, so perhaps I have underestimated the range of services they offer. I will give them a call, as well as Engineered Automotive. I just don't have any enthusiasm (energy?) for removing carpets in a car I have only had for 2 weeks. We plan to use the car for long cruises, so I think I need to address this. Perhaps we have been a bit spoiled by the much quieter Cadillac and Mercedes (CLS63), our previous cruisers. I realize the Corvette is a sports car first, GT second, but why not have the best of both? Thanks for the references.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.