I use my 2017 GS primarily as a GT car and compared to my old C3 and C4 it is a dream, however, with the larger tires I find more road noise than I experienced with my first C7, a 2014 Z51. So with the GS I decided to put in one of the drop in foam barrier kits you can get from TKO Performance. The one I got was called "Quick & Quiet" Drop in Noise Deadening Mats (Blockit). I found it made a substantial difference. The main mat fits the luggage compartment perfectly and you don't even notice it because it fits so well. It takes up very little space as it fits perfectly flat and is only about 4-5 cm thick. The top has a black pebbled finish so looks the same as the original carpet. I did try removing it for one extended road trip to give a tiny bit more space and I found that a full load of luggage accomplished the same goal of reducing road noise. Good luck.

The run flat tires are the biggest culprits. I put Firestones on our car about three years ago. A little quieter than the original Goodyears. There is still enough noise that a high end stereo system would be a bit of a waste unless parked.

I will give the Blockit kit a try. I also came across a suggestion somewhere to cut a down-filled sleeping bag to size and drape it along the back directly behind the seats, which apparently also cuts down the noise (and heat). Perhaps a fine down-filled quilt as shown in this thread above might work equally well, particularly for longer trips (plus the Blockit pads). And I will switch to non runflats when I can justify replacing the OEM Michelins.

I use my 2017 GS primarily as a GT car and compared to my old C3 and C4 it is a dream, however, with the larger tires I find more road noise than I experienced with my first C7, a 2014 Z51. So with the GS I decided to put in one of the drop in foam barrier kits you can get from TKO Performance. The one I got was called "Quick & Quiet" Drop in Noise Deadening Mats (Blockit). I found it made a substantial difference. The main mat fits the luggage compartment perfectly and you don't even notice it because it fits so well. It takes up very little space as it fits perfectly flat and is only about 4-5 cm thick. The top has a black pebbled finish so looks the same as the original carpet. I did try removing it for one extended road trip to give a tiny bit more space and I found that a full load of luggage accomplished the same goal of reducing road noise. Good luck.

Hey DavidWG, question for you, or for any other member who may have installed a rear cargo area noise deadening mat. Judging by some of the reviews I read, some say that the finish on the rear mat is not all that great. For those who have one, do you think there is a possibility of installing the factory mat over top the sound mat?

Last edited:
Champion already does the mechanical work on my CTS-V, and I plan to use them for non-warranty work on the Corvette, so perhaps I have underestimated the range of services they offer. I will give them a call, as well as Engineered Automotive. I just don't have any enthusiasm (energy?) for removing carpets in a car I have only had for 2 weeks. We plan to use the car for long cruises, so I think I need to address this. Perhaps we have been a bit spoiled by the much quieter Cadillac and Mercedes (CLS63), our previous cruisers. I realize the Corvette is a sports car first, GT second, but why not have the best of both? Thanks for the references.
Even if Champion or Engineered Automotive wouldn't take on the work themselves, I'm sure they'd have shops they would recommend. My experience is that non-mechanical related car work is the biggest crap shoot - having a good reference is at least something to go off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.