Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Hi Manny!

If you would be willing to take the time, could you explain the benefits of upgrading the intake and the general hp increase with each more popular intake?

I would like to consider the option of upgrading the intake while switching out the knock sensors. Because my car is basically stock, what intake would you recommend?

I was thinking of just looking for a used Z06 intake but would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Hi Manny!

If you would be willing to take the time, could you explain the benefits of upgrading the intake and the general hp increase with each more popular intake?

I would like to consider the option of upgrading the intake while switching out the knock sensors. Because my car is basically stock, what intake would you recommend?

I was thinking of just looking for a used Z06 intake but would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Riley , the Z06 intake your best choice . It will get you 15-20 HP . The FAST intake is really only effective if you have heads & cam or are running a centri type blower .

Do you know the cost of a Z06 intake? Do you have any available? I think I may be putting the car into storage for the winter and tackling the sensors in the Spring. PM me if you don't want to post this in this thread.

THANKS MANNY!!!!!!

Do you know the cost of a Z06 intake? Do you have any available? I think I may be putting the car into storage for the winter and tackling the sensors in the Spring. PM me if you don't want to post this in this thread.

THANKS MANNY!!!!!!

Most Z06 intake sell for between $350 & $450 + shipping .

I do not have on at the moment , but that can change quickly .

You will also need a new set of coolant crossover tube and plugs . those I have .

While you have the intake out , you might as well remove the crappy valley and install a Z06 one . That I also have . This will be much better crank case venting , and less oil in the intake .

I can let you have everything for $225.00 plus shipping .

Last edited:
I will save up for an intake then! Just let me know when one comes in as I'll have all winter to wait. I like the extra items you suggest and will purchase those too when an intake is available.

Whoo-hoo!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.