Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
Hope everyone in Southern/Eastern Ontario and Quebec is safe and warm during this ice storm. My family and I are in Penatang this weekend visiting inlaws for Christmas. It's more of a snow event here. We'll be trvelling home later today so we'll be keeping an eye on the weather. Keep safe everyone.

I don't know wether to laugh or cry, we are buried with snow and now the freezing rain has started. :(There is no where to put the snow, we used the ATV and shoved it back until we hit trees or rocks and still there is no where to go with it. Even the blower that I now recall I was supposed to have fixed three years ago has been called into action. Not much help, I guess I should have fixed it. Amazed it actually started after much cursing, well in the spirit of the year lets say begging. Never seen this much snow this early in the year.

All you folks who are out and about travelling with this holiday season please drive with care. It is nasty out there.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Nasty here in Cambridge -- Almost impossible to go anywhere and certainly not worth the risk.

To add insult to injury we had no power for a few hours. Back on now (obviously) but a downer for sure.

Safe travels Greg -- and everyone else too if you have to be on the road.

C.

Made it home safe and sound. Roads were track bare and icy from Penatang to Collingwood and then snow covered the rest of the way home. Had to blow out the drive when I got home. A nice layer of ice on top of the 4 or 5 inches of snow. I'm in for the night now. Think I'll have a rye.

My heart goes out to you guys. We just had constant 30hrs of rain all Saturday at about 3-4c. Only thing it did was wash away 95% of the snow. Haven't seen 0c for several days now, so my concern is for all those who are still without power with dropping temps. Hopefully everyone will be safe.

What a day :(

Power went off late Saturday night or early Sunday. It certainly wasn't on at 2am Saturday. By 11am the battery on the backup sump pump finally gave up the ghost, I had to manually empty the sump (about 20 large pails an hour). Power came on at 7pm. Sort of like being at the gym for 8 hours straight :)

The night before I put a drop sheet over the drivers door, helped me get into the car (at least 1/4" of ice everywhere) in a futile attempt to recharge my phone.

By the time we went to bed cable, internet and landline were still down. They were back on at 4am Monday when I woke up.

Can't say enough good about all the people working in the field to get all these utilities back online.

Can't say anything positive about trying to get info, Hydro One's website went down, as it was Sunday local radio was doing nothing but infomercials or playing canned music. 1010 Toronto was informative but it wasn't local. Cell phone network was also slow or at times not available.

However it's only weather, could have been a lot worse, hope everyone got through it safely.

we got about 6-8 inches of a snow, freezing rain and ice pellet mix. really weird stuff to drive in, it was like trying to drive in sugar !!! it sure did'nt feel like i had a 3 ton 4x4 with aggressive tires. at first i thought the front hubs were'nt fully engaged. i was chatting with some buddies that plow and they said it sure made plowing "interesting".

I feel for you Wayne:
I knew Ancaster got hit a little harder than us over here in the next county. I was wondering about you. Glad to see you made it through the day with out too much aggravation.
Our power was out from about 4am to noon. But was not really that big of an inconvenience. But sure does show how dependant we are on hydro.
On the bright side of things; us wood turners always get a new supply of fresh wood to turn in this kind of weather. Went through about a gallon of gas in my chainsaw. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.