first_place_trailer

Regular
2 You're 10
Oct 29, 2013
Brighton, ONTARIO
VetteCoins
Car
2014 2LT
After many months and some compromise I made it to the 3000 status! Since the Z51 went on constraint I was able to add some extra options!! Here it is...

2014 C7 Arctic White
2LT (one of my upgrades)
Kalahari Interior
7 Speed manual
Transparent roof
Machined rims
Red Calipers
Performance Exhaust (another upgrade)
Navigation
Battery Protection
Z51 Spoiler (yet another added option)

I also found black Z51 tires and rims (brand new) in the US for $1700!! They are en-route to Ohio too my mother in laws!!!!

The dealer kept my original order in the system, protected my price from last year and gave me a discount because of the chaos and run around. I am a happy guy and with the price increase and the unknown price increase for 2015, I may be up as much as $10,000. I hope to have my new baby for Canada Day! :D

Congrats, that is outstanding. When you get the Z51 spoiler does the dealer install it for free or is there a labour charge? From what I gather the rear bumper has to be removed for the install. Enjoy your new C7, white with black wheels looks awesome. When did you first place the order?

Jabroni the spoiler is a factory installed option on the non Z51 so it will arrive with it. I placed my original order on Oct 31st and because I originally ordered the Z51 I had to compromise and get a base. The original is still in the system and has not moved from 2000. So at the moment I have two on order.

C7 driver, I went from 3000 to 3300 over night and am being told my build week is July 2nd, so I won't have mine for Canada day, I will be lucky for August 1st :( You may see your car before the 1st.

I have had so much run around because of the Z51 as well as some pretty bad communication on my dealers part. I actually ordered a Cyber gray car originally and now cyber is on constraint as it is done in 2014. I guess being at the end of the build they don't want to buy a few extra gallons of paint for us folks up north. I am happy with the white I was wavering anyways.

I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers

I have had so much run around because of the Z51 as well as some pretty bad communication on my dealers part. I actually ordered a Cyber gray car originally and now cyber is on constraint as it is done in 2014. I guess being at the end of the build they don't want to buy a few extra gallons of paint for us folks up north. I am happy with the white I was wavering anyways.

I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers

I hear you, I had ordered a Cyber Gray 2015 base model back awhile ago, then they decided it was discontinued so I thought ok I will take the new Shark Grey. Then I got a call that my dealer got another allocation on May 6th so we pulled the order ahead and I explained to them that Cyber Gray was done as of April 26th, no more orders. The dealers said no one had told them that officially, that if GM Canada takes the order should be good to go, and GM Canada accepted it. Then the order went to status 2000, which means BG now has it and the plant kicked it back, you can't have the Grey. Not unexpected to me but apparently to GM Canada it was. Geez guys get your act together! So I had already tee'd up a second choice and changed it to Crystal Red, then the order went very quickly to 3000. I haven't asked where we are this week but it should be scheduled soon.
I have been following the discussion on the U.S. Corvette forum and their build weeks. From 3000 to build is usually around a month so your date makes sense. If I have it in July I'm ok with that, at least we avoid the 2015 price increase and the car will be in the garage. :driving:

Jabroni the spoiler is a factory installed option on the non Z51 so it will arrive with it. I placed my original order on Oct 31st and because I originally ordered the Z51 I had to compromise and get a base. The original is still in the system and has not moved from 2000. So at the moment I have two on order.

If you are getting the Carbon Fiber spoiler it is factory installed, to get a color match spoiler I had to order it from the GM parts group to be installed by the dealer. Hopefully you are talking about the black CF spoiler.

My new car looks just like this one except I am having the larger spoiler , color matched installed at the dealership. Roof is Carbon Fiber.

ry%3D400

Wow that car look great!
The option for the spoiler (taken from my copy of the order) says this "5ZV: LPO, Carbon Flash Painted" The dealer did not say it had to be painted or installed. I think I will try and get some clarification. I hope it is factory installed and black (but white is ok too).

I was trying to post a picture but I don't know how lol.

Wow that car look great!
The option for the spoiler (taken from my copy of the order) says this "5ZV: LPO, Carbon Flash Painted" The dealer did not say it had to be painted or installed. I think I will try and get some clarification. I hope it is factory installed and black (but white is ok too).

I was trying to post a picture but I don't know how lol.

Think you will find it is black. Just wanted to be sure that was what you were expecting and not a white one. The black ones are installed by the factory for the base model is my understanding.

While it limits the exterior choices, if I were to purchase a C7, I'd really like to get my hands on that Kalahari interior. Combined with white might be my top choice--that will look sweet!,!!!!

Kalahari would also look good with red, but that might be too "Ferrari" for me.

Not sure about Kalahari with yellow, cyber-grey, or black........

Nice car!

I just got confirmation my order made it to 3300, took 30 days to move from 3000 to 3300, but the TPW is still on target for June 9th! Yipeee, but it's been a long wait and the next 4 weeks are going to be a killer.

I think I must be getting one of the last Z51's being made for 2014 production, just hope they have all the parts!

My dealer was asking around, saying he has one last non z51 non convert allocation available. Send me a PM if you're interested in his info.

I just got a TPW of Aug 4th from Wilson Niblett , say waaahhhht !

I was told I would have the car in July, given I was already at 3000 a week and a half ago, the car is a base model all of a sudden the build date is out two months. That doesn't line up with anything I have seen on these forums.

Last edited:
I got most of my info direct from GM. When I talked to the salesman the info was always dated. Customer service said the unit was shipped and in Canada, dealer had it awaiting rail car assignment. GM told me it was at the Calgary rail yard, dealer said its a week or two away, then phoned the next day and said it was at the dealership.

Had mine for 8 days now, putts around town at two to three thousand revs. Got 800 more kms of patience then get to open it up. Till then, I have the best looking 'hybrid' in town.

According to GM here is the break-in schedule for a new 2014 C7

1. ATTAIN THE RIGHT MILEAGE
NEW VEHICLE BREAK-IN (OWNER’S MANUAL: 9-17)
All Corvette Stingray models have a recommended break-in period during the first 2414 km (1,500 miles) that will prolong its
performance and driving precision.
PART/DRIVING BEHAVIOR TIME PERIOD RECOMMENDED ACTION
Tires First 322 km (200 miles) Drive at moderate speeds and avoid hard cornering
Brake linings First 322 km (200 miles) Avoid making hard stops (recommended every time
brake linings are replaced)
Full throttle starts and abrupt stops First 800 km (500 miles) Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops
Exceeding 4000 rpm First 800 km (500 miles) Avoid exceeding 4000 rpm
Cruise control or driving at one constant
speed
First 800 km (500 miles) Avoid cruise control or driving at one constant speed
Letting the engine labor or lugging the
engine
First 800 km (500 miles) Avoid letting the engine labor or lugging the engine.
With a manual transmission, shift to the next lower
gear(this rule applies at all times, not just during the
break-in period)
Track or competitive driving First 2414 km (1,500 miles) Do not participate in track events, sport driving schools
or similar activities
Engine oil First 2414 km (1,500 miles) Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary
(oil and fuel consumption may be higher than
normal during the first 2414 km)

Hope this helps!

2. SEASON THE BRAKES
BRAKE BURNISH PROCEDURE (OWNER’S MANUAL: 9-9)
After the new vehicle break-in period, Corvette Stingray Z51 Performance Package brake pads must be burnished (following the
steps below) before racing or competitive driving.
1. Medium Brake Application: Apply the
brakes 25 times starting at 100 km/h
(60 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) while
decelerating at 0.4 g. Drive for at least
1 km (0.6 miles) between applying the
brakes. This fi rst step may be skipped
if there are more than 320 km (200
miles) on the brake pads.
2. Hard Brake Application: Repeatedly
apply the brakes from 100 km/h
(60 mph) to 25 km/h (15 mph) while
decelerating at 0.8 g. Drive for at least
1 km (0.6 miles) between stops. Repeat
until the brake pedal travel starts to
increase. Depending on conditions, this
should take no longer than 25 brake
applications.
3. Cool Down: Drive at 100 km/h (60 mph)
for approximately 15 km (10 miles)
without using the brakes.
4. Medium Brake Application: Apply
the brakes 25 times from 100 km/h
(60 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) while
decelerating at 0.4 g. Drive for at least
1 km (0.6 miles) between applications.
Please Note: The brake burnish procedure is specifi c to the Z51 brake package and should not be run on any other models as damage may result.
When this procedure is performed as instructed, it will not damage the brakes. The brake pads will smoke and produce an odor. The braking force
and pedal travel may increase. After the procedure, the brake pads may appear white at the rotor contact. Perform this procedure only on dry
pavement and in a safe manner and in compliance with all local and state ordinances/laws regarding motor vehicle operation.

IMPORTANT: Rotor cooling rings (provided at the time of vehicle delivery in a clear plastic bag) are recommended
for track use (driving without the rotor cooling rings may result in brake pedal fade). Do not leave
them installed after a track event, as this may cause corrosion with long-term use. Installation instructions
are included with the rings and can be found in section 9-7 of the Owner’s Manual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.