1699543079826.png

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
have a new c8 just turned the wheel all the way right and left and heard a noise. Do the tires rub against the body?
Assuming you are not rolling the tires that are super wide, it may be making the “slipping-rub” type noise against the pavement. Not unique to the c8 … as this noise most often happens while turning the front wheels on a c7 before rolling. Just speculating what’s happening though as I really try to not turn the front wheels all the way to one side unless slowly rolling forward/back a bit at the same time.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MKC8
Why would you do that in the first place...
It was something to see when many of the spring mountain corvette owners were doing exactly this before they pulled away toward the track for the first time. They would not wait for the driver in front of them to move first. Class got quite the somewhat entertaining lecture about it 😂👍🏻

Unless the C8 steering was radically modified to a parallel steering system, the norm steering design of the last 100 years or so is totally subject to Ackerman.
The right wheel in a left turn is travelling on a longer radius turning circle than the left wheel (and vice versa in a right turn). The sharper the turn, the more pronounced the radius difference and the longer the radius the more gradual the circle curve that right wheel has to travel compared to the left wheel. Thus the left wheel in this case is controlling the vehicle's travel path and the right wheel, following a different path, has to slip or bump or hop or whatever you want to call it, to catch up to the turn. Yes. Tires do contribute. A stickier tire tends to bump more than a less sticky tire.

ackerman.png

After I send out my engineering invoice I'm done here...lol.....

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.