Jun 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Corvette
Province
ON
My car is a 2023 C8 Corvette Coupe, when turning corners, hard braking or rapid starts you can hear what sounds like a nut ( or bolt ) rolling around on the left side of the car.

I have removed the roof panel & it made no difference.

I've tried opening and closing the left door part way, wiggling the door back & forth hard by hand to see if there was something moving around inside the door, nothing heard.

It is easy to duplicate this noise for the shop foreman at the dealership. A rapid acceleration to 50 km or hard braking from this speed and you can hear something tumbling around. Not sure if it's in the console, roof or left side of car.

Has anybody else have anything like this happen with there car?

First glance, I thought this thread was about Jack. Sorry. :Biggrin:

Could it be something on/above the metal shield underneath the car? The one that oil change shops drread dealing with.
As seen in this DIY oil change video?

• Angry
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
I guess anything is possible, it does sound like it's coming from somewhere inside the car.

Since I've never heard what a small stone rolling around under the car between the lower splash shields sounds like I don't know if that is it.
If this is the problem how could a person stop small stones from getting into this area in the future ?? I'm thinking you would have to cover the holes GM has left open to change the oil & filter.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Turn the car upside down, shake it (not stirred) and see what drops out (lol). :)

But seriously, take the car into your dealer and have them check it out. I know things like that can drive you bonkers. I've never experienced anything like this with my 2020 nor my current 2023, although both were HTC's. Good luck figuring it out!

• Haha
Reactions: MKinOntario
Nut rolling around in a C8, I’m with @MKinOntario, definitely a Jack problem, most mechanics know about it but sadly no fix in sight !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 8
quick thought not sure if this was resolved or not - but i noticed when driving my new car home on Saturday that the passenger side seat belt retainer where it connects via magnets to keep seat belt over shoulder was making a noise? If I seperated it the noise went away - when I left it touching it was banging away to Ludovico Einaudi on the stereo... I am thinking I might try some clear tape on it tomorrow morning and see if the rattle goes away with something so easy. I suspect is someone is sitting in the passenger seat there wont be a noise at all.

Reactions: Murray20c8
quick thought not sure if this was resolved or not - but i noticed when driving my new car home on Saturday that the passenger side seat belt retainer where it connects via magnets to keep seat belt over shoulder was making a noise? If I seperated it the noise went away - when I left it touching it was banging away to Ludovico Einaudi on the stereo... I am thinking I might try some clear tape on it tomorrow morning and see if the rattle goes away with something so easy. I suspect is someone is sitting in the passenger seat there wont be a noise at all.
You have magnets in your seat belts? That's new!

not sure what year they changed it but mine definitely has a slide over magnet loop that holds the belt on the top side of the seat and it rattles :)
This is what mine looks like. I had to use heat shrink tubing to keep the seat belt in there.
1690222578070.png

My car is a 2023 C8 Corvette Coupe, when turning corners, hard braking or rapid starts you can hear what sounds like a nut ( or bolt ) rolling around on the left side of the car.

I have removed the roof panel & it made no difference.

I've tried opening and closing the left door part way, wiggling the door back & forth hard by hand to see if there was something moving around inside the door, nothing heard.

It is easy to duplicate this noise for the shop foreman at the dealership. A rapid acceleration to 50 km or hard braking from this speed and you can hear something tumbling around. Not sure if it's in the console, roof or left side of car.

Has anybody else have anything like this happen with there car?
I have the same problem. I found out, it is/was, my wife! ;) :p

I got the car back about a week later, they found a nut rolling around inside the rear by the drivers B pillar area. They did show me the nut, looks like a 12 mm socket would fit it with a washer attached. It looks like it’s never been installed.

I also needed a front bumper repair so it fit better as it was tight around the right headlight upper area, I fixed the repair by the left headlight area on my own.

There’s also a noise coming from the brakes, almost sounded like they were trying to go onto ABS mode. They replaced the front brake pads and the noise is now gone. Car also stops much better, only about 3000 km on this car.

Hope this is the end of the problems with this car for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread