It’s +17 C in Niagara, so I went for a quick ride and was reminded just how perfect my 2024 Rapid Blue is…
So I stopped by my dealer and took my E-Ray deposit back. No more waiting and watching the numbers for me.

IMG_2229.jpeg

I know you're thinking of ordering one so if it floats your boat all good but for me I'd have kept my Stingray before shelling out an extra 50 to 75k on an ERAY

Watch the throttle house review , I'm all in on the Z06 but your needs/wants may differ
Yes, I have watched the 'Throttle House' review, along with every other one I can find.
I also don't limit myself here, as I try to gather all the information I can on the Z06 as well.
Setting aside the logical argument that my current C8 is all I really need (boys and toys, right?), it's a real challenge for me in deciphering which direction to go.
Fortunately, I'm in a position that money is not the deciding factor in the initial purchase.
Similarly, I really don't put much weight into the resale value down the road.
The body style of these two are identical (save for perhaps the rear 'high-wing' on the Z06, which my Wife is dead-set against - small consolation on my part).
The performance of either one of these cars clearly surpasses my personal abilities (by a long shot).
I cannot fathom ever taking my car out onto a track, but my hat is off to those that do.
My Wife could sleep through a filming of 'Law-and-Order' on our front yard, so the E-Ray's 'stealth mode' to me is purely another gimmick.
There is no denying the magnificence of the Z06's engine - absolutely everyone talks about how sweet it sounds.
All said, I see these as two georgeous vehicles, of vastly different personalities, akin to a set of identical twins torn apart at birth and raised seperately.
One very apparent difference in these variants can be found in their following - ask any 'die-hard' enthusiast which direction to go, and the answer always comes up Z06.
It need not be validated through any logical discussion - it's just painfully obvious (to them) that the Z06 is the best, while the E-Ray is some form of dressed-up Stingray.
Sometimes I wish I had that same 'blinders-on' focus.
Alas, I do rant - perhaps I will get a mysterious call that through a non-descript lottery I have been chosen for a ZR1 allocation - problem solved.

I will add that if you're the type of C8 owner that finds the performance exhaust on the Stingray loud enough you may not enjoy the Z06, it's way louder especially at start up

Cam should chime in he currently drives a hybrid NSX and ordered a Z06 over an ERAY

To me the Z06 is an untrained and obnoxious horse. i mean that in a good way. It's like raw and uncouth.
The Stingray is a show pony with plenty of get up and go.
The eray is a Stingray on steroids. If it was a true hybrid it might be worth it, but to me it's not worth the extra cost.

It’s +17 C in Niagara, so I went for a quick ride and was reminded just how perfect my 2024 Rapid Blue is…
So I stopped by my dealer and took my E-Ray deposit back. No more waiting and watching the numbers for me.

View attachment 120821
Smart move Denis! Love your Rapid Blue HTC

Yeah, weirdly I'm waffling on the E-ray. I expected it to be a plug-in hybrid, which I would have preferred. Having driven a Z-51 on the track, I know the car is way more capable than I'm going to use it already.

I probably should go pull my deposit as well, but I'm also not sure if I should just hold onto it.

Yeah, weirdly I'm waffling on the E-ray. I expected it to be a plug-in hybrid, which I would have preferred. Having driven a Z-51 on the track, I know the car is way more capable than I'm going to use it already.

I probably should go pull my deposit as well, but I'm also not sure if I should just hold onto it.
As you know the Eray has the electric engine up front, but it does add some straight line performance. The penalty is an extra 400lbs. You do get the wide body. The all wheel drive is not a something that I value in a sports car, I don’t drive in poor weather, adds complexity and weight. Max speed using the electric motor is 45km/h and the duration is very limited. No gas saving on this application. I ran the numbers, I have a 2023 HTC 3LT Z51, it would cost me approximately an additional $90k out the door for a car with the same LT1 and a 160hp electric motor with a large weight penalty. Not for me the delta is too high.

Last edited:
My opinion in the C8 forum is about as valued as a 1973 Lada but here goes anyway....

I think the Eray will die a slow painful death in the eyes of both consumers and GM. In the real world, really, what use does it have other than AWD which I have no use for in a Corvette. If I want to drive in the winter, I have two AWD Suv's and a 4x4 diesel truck and I wouldn't cry nearly as much if and when an idiot driver slides into me on a slippery road.
The engineering and design costs to GM for the Eray was astronomical and would have been much better spent working on a plug in hybrid instead. Having a range of currently up to near 100 km on electric only, and the added onboard recharge capabilities of a hybrid would have made much more sense. As you've noted that you have no intention of tracking the Eray so the added HP for a short distance really means little to you. After the ZR1 hit's the market, I'm guessing the Eray will go out of production as quick as snowmen melt in the summer, and either the hybrid or a full electric will be the obvious next GM direction. We currently have full electrics available out there with a range of near 1000 km. Whether we like it or not, gas vehicles are slowly going to be extinct someday. Not in my lifetime and likely not yours or most members here but it will come. I'm older than dirt and my C7 will outlive me anyway but if I was young and in a position to, I would be jumping off the Eray horse and getting my deposit in for either a hybrid or more likely a full electric. 1000 HP AWD and 0 to 60 in 2 seconds is already out there in the market. If money is no object and you don't really have a use for the electric in the short term, the ZR1 would be my other choice at this stage of the game. It will be here sooner that the electric for sure. That's my 2 cents worth.

That's funny, you guys talking about the front end drive on the E-Ray being for traction in the winter. If you watch the video with Jay and Tadge, they never even mention that idea. For us G-force junkies the combination would be a lot of fun - in the summer.

That's funny, you guys talking about the front end drive on the E-Ray being for traction in the winter. If you watch the video with Jay and Tadge, they never even mention that idea. For us G-force junkies the combination would be a lot of fun - in the summer.
I'm assuming, and correct me if I am wrong, The E-Ray should be better in the rain too, correct?
This is intended for those of us that actually may drive in the rain (I bought a ceramic coating to prevent melting).

Reactions: Bixter44
Yes, I have watched the 'Throttle House' review, along with every other one I can find.
I also don't limit myself here, as I try to gather all the information I can on the Z06 as well.
Setting aside the logical argument that my current C8 is all I really need (boys and toys, right?), it's a real challenge for me in deciphering which direction to go.
Fortunately, I'm in a position that money is not the deciding factor in the initial purchase.
Similarly, I really don't put much weight into the resale value down the road.
The body style of these two are identical (save for perhaps the rear 'high-wing' on the Z06, which my Wife is dead-set against - small consolation on my part).
The performance of either one of these cars clearly surpasses my personal abilities (by a long shot).
I cannot fathom ever taking my car out onto a track, but my hat is off to those that do.
My Wife could sleep through a filming of 'Law-and-Order' on our front yard, so the E-Ray's 'stealth mode' to me is purely another gimmick.
There is no denying the magnificence of the Z06's engine - absolutely everyone talks about how sweet it sounds.
All said, I see these as two georgeous vehicles, of vastly different personalities, akin to a set of identical twins torn apart at birth and raised seperately.
One very apparent difference in these variants can be found in their following - ask any 'die-hard' enthusiast which direction to go, and the answer always comes up Z06.
It need not be validated through any logical discussion - it's just painfully obvious (to them) that the Z06 is the best, while the E-Ray is some form of dressed-up Stingray.
Sometimes I wish I had that same 'blinders-on' focus.
Alas, I do rant - perhaps I will get a mysterious call that through a non-descript lottery I have been chosen for a ZR1 allocation - problem solved.
Some of us like the sound of a pushrod V8 as opposed to the Ferrari sound. Score 1 for the E-Ray.