Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Now before all the HTC black top owners jump all over me, that was how I wanted to order my HTC as well, was going for the exotic European look (I am still a ways off from an allocation, so still deciding on stuff in the meantime). For me, it was a done deal, black top and nacelles.

EXCEPT, driving back home from my old man's place in Quebec, I spotted a beautiful white C8 lined up at Timmy's, color roof, nacelles, and side boomerang and I could not get over how beautiful it looked from the side. I was able to appreciate the body lines and flow of the car. After having seen so many black tops online. I say online because here in Quebec, I probably have seen maybe 2 C8's on road in the last 2 years, they are extremely rare (I see more exotics). Seeing that full on white made me rethink my choice for going with the black roof/nacelles.

So am wondering, for all of the members on here with an HTC, could the few of you with full color HTC post pics of your car here please (sorry to the 95% who are with black tops). Trying to see which I prefer and that white C8 yesterday really threw a monkey wrench into the decision process.

Love you guys for keeping me entertained and sane (even though I have met none of you so far in person) !!

p.s. if the Quebec owner of this car (spotted in Brossard yesterday) is on this forum, please PM me, would love to see more of it in person.

Attachments

• IMG_7305.jpg
    IMG_7305.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 268
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Curious to your thought process when you went full body color. I have read people saying that the curves and roofline stand out more when in body color, I have read other people saying the black roof breaks up what seems like a monotone color scheme, not to mention giving it that exotic car Euro look.. It's a horse that has been beaten to death, I know, some like it some hate it. Just curious @Thom what made you finally decide to forgo the black roof like everyone seems to be doing these days and going the full body color route here. My wife seems to like the black side boomerang with the matching black high wing and black rockers and front lip and black mirrors. Seems to make it all come together to tie the roof with the accents. But this whole body color thing is making me look at the car with a different lens now.

Thom and I discussed this plenty before he got the car. To me a black roof looks cheap (no offense to those who like it. I don't) They did the same thing with the 4th gen Camaro's until the 2000 MY. It makes the top look like it's floating and is not congruous to the car. Oh and they did it with the Saturn for a few years. I know you don't want your car confused with the Saturn! ;)

With a light colour and an HTC I first did not want black nacelles standing out with the top down. Second, I just didn't like the way the side spears stood out if black. Third I wanted a C8 that was not like most of the rest. And overall I just liked the monotone look. My 2023 will also be monotone but for none of those reasons! :)

Neil , I think it depends what colour car you're going with, if it's a flashy colour like AO , RB , AY etc.. I find the black works well to tame it down a bit, a more conservative colour like silver I can see paint matched roof, also I believe savings 2k is another reason people don't splurge for black

Reactions: Murray20c8
Looks and tastes are subjective. What appeals to one may not to another. Buy what you like and enjoy your purchase!
True, but I think he wants to know the reasoning behind choices, not just opinions on Good / bad etc. He'd like to know if there is a perspective he hasn't thought of.

I would think the reasoning behind any non mechanical choice on a Corvette would be appeal. He is asking about painted roof and necelles. The reason someone would choose or not choose this option is due to what is pleasing to their eye. It’s like asking why did you choose white over black. Again I say buy what you like and enjoy your purchase!
True, but I think he wants to know the reasoning behind choices, not just opinions on Good / bad etc. He'd like to know if there is a perspective he hasn't thought of.

I would think the reasoning behind any non mechanical choice on a Corvette would be appeal. He is asking about painted roof and necelles. The reason someone would choose or not choose this option is due to what is pleasing to their eye. It’s like asking why did you choose white over black. Again I say buy what you like and enjoy your purchase!
Yes, but we are talking "design perspective"! It's not "subjective". Subjective is saying "I don't like it because it doesn't appeal to me". Design perspective might not be the right word, but it's saying I think it's not congruous speaking from an artistic perspective. As artists are taught "Blue and Green are seldom seen". That is not subjective it's design perspective. It's the reason why you or I don't design cars, but designers who have training in design perspective ,do. Anyway, he wanted others reasoning and he didn't ask you to tell him to get what he wants. He will do that regardless of what you or I say.

Yes, but we are talking "design perspective"! It's not "subjective". Subjective is saying "I don't like it because it doesn't appeal to me". Design perspective might not be the right word, but it's saying I think it's not congruous speaking from an artistic perspective. As artists are taught "Blue and Green are seldom seen". That is not subjective it's design perspective. It's the reason why you or I don't design cars, but designers who have training in design perspective ,do. Anyway, he wanted others reasoning and he didn't ask you to tell him to get what he wants. He will do that regardless of what you or I say.
Sorry Murray, but this has nothing to do with “design perspective “ in the original post this person states “Trying to see which I prefer and that white C8 yesterday really threw a monkey wrench into the decision process.” This is the fun of purchasing this car. Configure and reconfigure and then start over again. 😂 I must have 8 to 12 configured cars on my computer all with the file name number 1 choice followed by a date. 😃 when I finally got the call, I ordered something completely different as the banker (read wife) loosened the purse strings a bit. Carbon flash roof, all body colour, ultimately it’s their choice.

Sorry Murray, but this has nothing to do with “design perspective “ in the original post this person states “Trying to see which I prefer and that white C8 yesterday really threw a monkey wrench into the decision process.” This is the fun of purchasing this car. Configure and reconfigure and then start over again. 😂 I must have 8 to 12 configured cars on my computer all with the file name number 1 choice followed by a date. 😃 when I finally got the call, I ordered something completely different as the banker (read wife) loosened the purse strings a bit. Carbon flash roof, all body colour, ultimately it’s their choice.
Sorry John, again he didn't ask what you liked. He asked why you thought solid coloured nacelles looked better. He didn't ask for you to say "I Like them because I do", which of course would be because it was pleasing to your eye and no other reason. He wants to know why you thought it is more pleasing to the eye so he might see it from your perspective. A designer would tell you it's because of the lines or whatever. I said be cause it looked incongruous. I told him my perspective, now tell him why you like what you like and not just because it's pelasing to your eye. Surely you have other reasons for picking what you picked other than "It's pleasing to your eye"? You wanted to be different? You like the floating roof look it gives the car? The black boomerang stands out too much and takes away from the overall lines of the car? C'mon man! Tell us! lol

Sorry John, again he didn't ask what you liked. He asked why you thought solid coloured nacelles looked better. He didn't ask for you to say "I Like them because I do", which of course would be because it was pleasing to your eye and no other reason. He wants to know why you thought it is more pleasing to the eye so he might see it from your perspective. A designer would tell you it's because of the lines or whatever. I said be cause it looked incongruous. I told him my perspective, now tell him why you like what you like and not just because it's pelasing to your eye. Surely you have other reasons for picking what you picked other than "It's pleasing to your eye"? You wanted to be different? You like the floating roof look it gives the car? The black boomerang stands out too much and takes away from the overall lines of the car? C'mon man! Tell us! lol
No. 😂 to Neils, my opinion on aesthetics should be worth the value of used toilet paper. Neils should buy what is pleasing to his eyes.

Last edited:
. Neils should buy what is pleasing to his eyes.
No, he should buy what he wants to buy. "Wants" as in he made an educated decision. Aesthetics and physical attributes all matter. Women are judged by the size of their "nutrition supply providers". There are genetic reasons why this is so. It's not simply because they look good. lol. Neils wants to make an educated decision on the attributes of his car. Not simply because it has "big bumpers" because it looks good! Anyway, I guess we have to agree to disagree. I gave Neils my thoughts on these things and you didn't :p

Reactions: MY21C8
No, he should buy what he wants to buy. "Wants" as in he made an educated decision. Aesthetics and physical attributes all matter. Women are judged by the size of their "nutrition supply providers". There are genetic reasons why this is so. It's not simply because they look good. lol. Neils wants to make an educated decision on the attributes of his car. Not simply because it has "big bumpers" because it looks good! Anyway, I guess we have to agree to disagree. I gave Neils my thoughts on these things and you didn't :p
Now that this is settled, I currently have an HTC with CF roof and necelles. However, if I get lucky enough to get a Z06, it will be red mist everything! Body blades, roof, everything…What do you think @Murray20c8? Should I go this route? 😂😂

Now that this is settled, I currently have an HTC with CF roof and necelles. However, if I get lucky enough to get a Z06, it will be red mist everything! Body blades, roof, everything…What do you think @Murray20c8? Should I go this route? 😂😂
No! Shocking, I know, but you should wait for the E-ray! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MY21C8
And the 8 track tape deck?
Geez you didn't have to go that far back. How about CD player? I got rid of all my CD's several years ago. Now I'm trying to get rid of all my DVD's.
Remember when the high beam switch was on the floor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.