Some passionate people on here, appreciate the feedback and perspective. To JohnP, my biggest takeaway here is your comment about the value of toilet paper, to which I say I went with a bidet recently and could not be happier, saving the planet a square at a time. I did like Gilles perpective of the brighter colors toned down with the black roof, and some of you know based on my “Battle of the Pastels” post that I am looking for something bright !! Even the wife is changing her mind about the black roof after seeing the body color roof. At the rate allocations are going (and factory shutdowns) have plenty of time to still decide. And one way to decide is to travel to the biggest dealer, Ciocca, going to be there in June for a Jersey Shore / Wildwood family vacay !!! 75-100 cars should help me decide !!

Buy this Eagle Talon, save a couple of bucks...

00z0z_hix2jy8eRc4_1200x900.jpg

Geez you didn't have to go that far back. How about CD player? I got rid of all my CD's several years ago. Now I'm trying to get rid of all my DVD's.
Remember when the high beam switch was on the floor?
Wow.... my last high beam on the floor was my 72 340 Duster.... If memory serves, you may have had one of those as well.. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Now before all the HTC black top owners jump all over me, that was how I wanted to order my HTC as well, was going for the exotic European look (I am still a ways off from an allocation, so still deciding on stuff in the meantime). For me, it was a done deal, black top and nacelles.

EXCEPT, driving back home from my old man's place in Quebec, I spotted a beautiful white C8 lined up at Timmy's, color roof, nacelles, and side boomerang and I could not get over how beautiful it looked from the side. I was able to appreciate the body lines and flow of the car. After having seen so many black tops online. I say online because here in Quebec, I probably have seen maybe 2 C8's on road in the last 2 years, they are extremely rare (I see more exotics). Seeing that full on white made me rethink my choice for going with the black roof/nacelles.

So am wondering, for all of the members on here with an HTC, could the few of you with full color HTC post pics of your car here please (sorry to the 95% who are with black tops). Trying to see which I prefer and that white C8 yesterday really threw a monkey wrench into the decision process.

Love you guys for keeping me entertained and sane (even though I have met none of you so far in person) !!

p.s. if the Quebec owner of this car (spotted in Brossard yesterday) is on this forum, please PM me, would love to see more of it in person.
My 2022 HTC is red mist metallic with the black nacelles only. I love it. Looks cleaner to me.

Attachments

• C8.jpg
    C8.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
My 2022 HTC is red mist metallic with the black nacelles only. I love it. Looks cleaner to me.
As long as you are happy with it, that's all that counts. However, I don't understand how you can say it's "cleaner". It's unique, for sure, but cleaner? Can you explain that at all?

Reactions: Gilles27
One thing is for sure- GM definitely profits from all of the paint options. $995-1495 for anything beyond the basic 4 colours,$1145 for accent paint, $1495 for carbon flash nacelles with or without roof. And then there’s the various striping options. You could easily spend over $5000!
I’m not commenting on how people spend their money (I paid for the ELB) just on how some guy at GM probably got a great promotion for coming up with these options! (I know, Porsche and others have been doing this for a long time)

Reactions: Gilles27
One thing is for sure- GM definitely profits from all of the paint options. $995-1495 for anything beyond the basic 4 colours,$1145 for accent paint, $1495 for carbon flash nacelles with or without roof. And then there’s the various striping options. You could easily spend over $5000!
I’m not commenting on how people spend their money (I paid for the ELB) just on how some guy at GM probably got a great promotion for coming up with these options! (I know, Porsche and others have been doing this for a long time)
I don't like the upcharges either but have you seen how much other companies charge and I'm not talking all the exotic, GT500 is $10 000 for painted stripes

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
My last C8 in Sebring Orange had the black nacelles and roof. This time I went without it as I think that the lines of the car look better without the contrast. My new C8 is Rapid Blue like my first one. I do think it depends a little on the paint chosen.

Now before all the HTC black top owners jump all over me, that was how I wanted to order my HTC as well, was going for the exotic European look (I am still a ways off from an allocation, so still deciding on stuff in the meantime). For me, it was a done deal, black top and nacelles.

EXCEPT, driving back home from my old man's place in Quebec, I spotted a beautiful white C8 lined up at Timmy's, color roof, nacelles, and side boomerang and I could not get over how beautiful it looked from the side. I was able to appreciate the body lines and flow of the car. After having seen so many black tops online. I say online because here in Quebec, I probably have seen maybe 2 C8's on road in the last 2 years, they are extremely rare (I see more exotics). Seeing that full on white made me rethink my choice for going with the black roof/nacelles.

So am wondering, for all of the members on here with an HTC, could the few of you with full color HTC post pics of your car here please (sorry to the 95% who are with black tops). Trying to see which I prefer and that white C8 yesterday really threw a monkey wrench into the decision process.

Love you guys for keeping me entertained and sane (even though I have met none of you so far in person) !!

p.s. if the Quebec owner of this car (spotted in Brossard yesterday) is on this forum, please PM me, would love to see more of it in person.
Here is mine with only nacelles in black: I did not get to order - bought for dealer loader over MSRP. Love it without the black accents and when the HTC is down the nacelles look great! Red mist metallic. Pics don't do it justice.

Attachments

• C8.jpg
    C8.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 50
  • C82.jpg
    C82.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 49
  • C83.jpg
    C83.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 43
  • C84.jpg
    C84.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
  • C85.jpg
    C85.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 43
Here is mine with only nacelles in black: I did not get to order - bought for dealer loader over MSRP. Love it without the black accents and when the HTC is down the nacelles look great! Red mist metallic. Pics don't do it justice.
I factory ordered mine (8 month wait) and ordered the black nacelles specifically to break up the red. Also ordered carbon flash mirrors and low spoiler for the same reason. Mine has red and black interior - red with black fabric inserts. Love the car, only complaint is the constant moving back and forth between V4 and V8 when touring on secondary roads. Just came back from a week touring in Vermont and upper NY state and the shifting back and forth was annoying at times. To get rid of it you have to drive in track mode which is not fun when relaxing on nice country roads with lots of old frost heaves. I will eventually order the device that plugs into the ODB port which disables the V4 mode.

Reactions: SUPERC8R
Love the car, only complaint is the constant moving back and forth between V4 and V8 when touring on secondary roads. Just came back from a week touring in Vermont and upper NY state and the shifting back and forth was annoying at times. To get rid of it you have to drive in track mode which is not fun when relaxing on nice country roads with lots of old frost heaves. I will eventually order the device that plugs into the ODB port which disables the V4 mode.
Seems that it is noticeable on some cars. Mine is absolutely quiet and I can never tell except for the notice on the dash.
I would have ordered the car all red and had the nacelles wrapped. Then there are options.

Reactions: Rebby
Thom and I discussed this plenty before he got the car. To me a black roof looks cheap (no offense to those who like it. I don't) They did the same thing with the 4th gen Camaro's until the 2000 MY. It makes the top look like it's floating and is not congruous to the car. Oh and they did it with the Saturn for a few years. I know you don't want your car confused with the Saturn! ;)
Also did it on the LA Ferrari, and that certainly doesn't look cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.