I think the car looks more sleeker and stunning with the carbon flash top and nacelles. This is true for most newer supercars. This might be a generation thing as other have suggested (I'm in my mid thirties). Most corvette owners tend to be from the boomer demographic.

I keep getting a "bad getaway" message and then lose my posts. Can someone who is technically advanced and of a younger demographic run upstairs and checkout the situation please...
Did you try rebooting your phone, computer, router, disconnect all your google, Alexa devices, disconnect your Bluetooth devices? Did you pay your internet provider?😝😜

• Winner
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Ask and you shall receive: 503 issue most likely - webmaster needs to pay more for bandwidth or update the forum if it’s a db request issue (which is rare for server request to fail like this).

IMG_1320.JPG

I don't know but I think it all kind of works. The windows disappear !

Beautiful. Make the car lines so bold! Beautiful!
Your eyes are stuck upside down! ;)
There are no lines. The entire shape of the car is changed and it looks like there is no roof. I think the designers know what looks good and what doesn't. Anyway, you are in the minority, but get what you want. I'll know that my car looks better than that one! Maybe you should get a vinyl roof? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: MY21C8
Hot topic I see. Funny how I had flip flopped as well. Loved the black roof until I saw all the color options in person at Ciocca, then family and I concluded solid colour car with roof looked best, on pretty much all the colours. Made the contour of the car stand out. So much so that I am now considering paying extra for the body colour accents option to get rid of the black boomerang too. My mind was made up, done, finished, just wait my turn for my number to be called.

But no, all of a sudden people selling their C8’s in anticipation of landing a Z06 soon, and now their Stingrays are up for grabs and most of those HTC’s have black roofs. So now forced to rethink those decisions to allow me to want the car that is available now without the wait.

I need a psychologist and psychiatrist at this point, plus a straight jacket. As someone pointed out to me, depends on the body color, if it is a louder colour, especially with matching interior (think RB on TB), then the black roof breaks it up a bit and balances out the main colour.

Plus as I contemplated this morning on my drive into work, the HTC will mostly be taken out in nice weather, and with the roof stored, only the necelles will show, so being black is not so bad, again breaks things up a bit.

If you will excuse me, will go and take my meds now to keep my mind from spinning !!

Hot topic I see. Funny how I had flip flopped as well. Loved the black roof until I saw all the color options in person at Ciocca, then family and I concluded solid colour car with roof looked best, on pretty much all the colours. Made the contour of the car stand out. So much so that I am now considering paying extra for the body colour accents option to get rid of the black boomerang too. My mind was made up, done, finished, just wait my turn for my number to be called.

But no, all of a sudden people selling their C8’s in anticipation of landing a Z06 soon, and now their Stingrays are up for grabs and most of those HTC’s have black roofs. So now forced to rethink those decisions to allow me to want the car that is available now without the wait.

I need a psychologist and psychiatrist at this point, plus a straight jacket. As someone pointed out to me, depends on the body color, if it is a louder colour, especially with matching interior (think RB on TB), then the black roof breaks it up a bit and balances out the main colour.

Plus as I contemplated this morning on my drive into work, the HTC will mostly be taken out in nice weather, and with the roof stored, only the necelles will show, so being black is not so bad, again breaks things up a bit.

If you will excuse me, will go and take my meds now to keep my mind from spinning !!
Why waste your money on a HTC, it you want it to look like a coupe. Just asking

Oh yeah and for the glut of used stingrays on the market as people trade in for Z06
Good luck given the allocations to Canada, we got 3.7% of 2022 production.
And we will probably get less allocations of Z06 as GM loses 12% on every Corvette sold in Canada.

Oh and yes we still have E-ray / ZR1 and Zora to come plus whatever other special editions that get thrown in
Most dealers have enough names on lists to take them into C9 production

Cheers and happy hunting no matter how you like your C8 done !

Reactions: Murray20c8
And we will probably get less allocations of Z06 as GM loses 12% on every Corvette sold in Canada

Does GM really lose 12% per C8? I find that hard to believe. Perhaps it’s that GM could make 12% more profit if the car was sold in the US. I seriously doubt they are selling C8s at a loss in Canada

And call me old school, but black wheels make a corvette look tired. Kind of like winter rims.
Boy this should get the ball rolling.

Sit back get some popcorn and enjoy the thread :cool:
I know eh. Gun metal grey is much nicer. And guess what chrome is the new chrome!

Reactions: Vette411
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.