If I remember this thread correctly, there are financial concerns at play. If it were me, I’d purchase a 2LT coupe (you’ll regret going 1LT) and forget all the other options. GT2 seats are not needed, front lift is a nice to have, mag ride is almost a must, but ultimately another nice to have, and Z51 package falls in the same category as mag ride. An aftermarket exhaust will always be available for you when you are ready. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Go through the list of things you get with the 2LT again. It is well worth it and you can't add most of what you get. Just want you to make sure you get what you want. You will likely only do this once and you don't want to be left regretting it.

I agree with Murray. I think you either decide you want a basic 1LT C8 w/o any frills...or at least go with the 2LT trim level with all it gives you. Trying to add options later to recreate the 2LT package will prove costly at best and may alter the look...or you'll find you can't add things (ie. a heated steering wheel). I have friends who bought the 3LT top-of-the-line trim level but I'm happy with my 2LT purchase (with GT2 seat option), since the 3LT gives you a different type of leather (some say it's harder to clean) and the suede roof liner. When you compare apples to apples (ie. 2LT with GT2 seat option versus 3LT) it's a $3,725 + tax price difference (2021 pricing) for that leather/suede and I'm happy with my 2LT leather. Many will disagree and some of them will argue your resale value is much better with the top-of-the-line 3LT trim level. So as always, this is just my 2 cents and it's up to you to decide how to spend your money and what's important to you.

Adding an after-market exhaust system can result in a louder/more aggressive sound if that's your preference, but getting one that matches the OEM computer system can also be ++ expensive. I'm very pleased with my performance exhaust since it's loud enough but just below the threshold where my neighbours complain...plus it does everything it's supposed to do when going through the different driving modes.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I would agree.
I agree with Murray. I think you either decide you want a basic 1LT C8 w/o any frills...or at least go with the 2LT trim level with all it gives you. Trying to add options later to recreate the 2LT package will prove costly at best and may alter the look...or you'll find you can't add things (ie. a heated steering wheel). I have friends who bought the 3LT top-of-the-line trim level but I'm happy with my 2LT purchase (with GT2 seat option), since the 3LT gives you a different type of leather (some say it's harder to clean) and the suede roof liner. When you compare apples to apples (ie. 2LT with GT2 seat option versus 3LT) it's a $3,725 + tax price difference (2021 pricing) for that leather/suede and I'm happy with my 2LT leather. Many will disagree and some of them will argue your resale value is much better with the top-of-the-line 3LT trim level. So as always, this is just my 2 cents and it's up to you to decide how to spend your money and what's important to you.

Adding an after-market exhaust system can result in a louder/more aggressive sound if that's your preference, but getting one that matches the OEM computer system can also be ++ expensive. I'm very pleased with my performance exhaust since it's loud enough but just below the threshold where my neighbours complain...plus it does everything it's supposed to do when going through the different driving modes.
How about 1LT HTC vs 2LT? I believe this topic was discussed before. I think 1LT HTC may hold resale value than 2LT? What is your opinion?

I think you said you were going with Z51? If it was me ( and it was ;) ) I'd go with 2LT and forget the Z51
But get the NPP option also
I'm basically building your exact car Murray when I order my '22. I was going to "cheap out" and get a basic 1LT (in Torch Red of course), but, I was adding the CF rims, painted calipers, Z51, high wing, etc, etc. Now, I did the math (and my budget), I'm going 2LT and only adding the NPP performance exhaust and the new low wing combo (no mag ride or axel lift). My bi-weekly payment is only $64 dollars more... it's a no brainer. I'm ordering aftermarket wheels over the winter and painting the brake calipers myself (I've done it on my last few cars without issue).

HTC trumps everything
HTC is great for people who may struggle taking off the coupes top. (Like me lol) It is awkward so my wife can not do it. That's where I started thinking about selling mine and ordering an HTC, but my wife talked me out of it. She loves thee coupe and on days where rain is 0% I can take the top off for her and leave it at home. So again, a strong young man needs not the HTC lol

Reactions: pozi240
I'm ordering aftermarket wheels over the winter and painting the brake calipers myself (I've done it on my last few cars without issue).
Ya, I think that's smart. That is one option that can easily be added later and the stock wheels can be used to mount snows on

• Agree
LOVE THE RED SEATS, BLACK SEAT BELT, MAKES SENSE TOO! AGREE, WHY NOT SAVE THE $500.
I'm basically building your exact car Murray when I order my '22. I was going to "cheap out" and get a basic 1LT (in Torch Red of course), but, I was adding the CF rims, painted calipers, Z51, high wing, etc, etc. Now, I did the math (and my budget), I'm going 2LT and only adding the NPP performance exhaust and the new low wing combo (no mag ride or axel lift). My bi-weekly payment is only $64 dollars more... it's a no brainer. I'm ordering aftermarket wheels over the winter and painting the brake calipers myself (I've done it on my last few cars without issue).
mag ride is a must, if not the car is too smooth its like riding on the moon

• Haha
HTC is great for people who may struggle taking off the coupes top. (Like me lol) It is awkward so my wife can not do it. That's where I started thinking about selling mine and ordering an HTC, but my wife talked me out of it. She loves thee coupe and on days where rain is 0% I can take the top off for her and leave it at home. So again, a strong young man needs not the HTC lol
My C6 coupe had terrible wind buffeting with the targa top off at highway speeds - is the C8 Coupe the same? My C8 HTC is quiet at speeds well over the speed limit.

My C6 coupe had terrible wind buffeting with the targa top off at highway speeds - is the C8 Coupe the same? My C8 HTC is quiet at speeds well over the speed limit.

I would say anything above 120 and the buffeting is just too much… for me anyways.

How about 1LT HTC vs 2LT? I believe this topic was discussed before. I think 1LT HTC may hold resale value than 2LT? What is your opinion?

There's no right answer to this question. Some people love convertibles in general so a HTC will always appeal to them and they'll be prepared to pay the extra coin for one, whereas others prefer coupes.

The main difference of a visible engine with the coupe and none for the HTC, will usually dictate whether someone is a fan of the coupe or HTC version of the C8. After that, there's the convenience of a 16 second hands-free opening time for the HTC as opposed to the manual removal/storage of the coupe's top. And some others want the ability to have the top down and full access to the trunk with the HTC, as opposed to the coupe which eliminates the trunk when the top is stored. Murray's solution of leaving the coupe's top home (to maintain trunk access) is OK but if you're caught in a ++ unexpected rainstorm, you may find yourself parked/trapped underneath a highway overpass or in a covered parkade until the storm passes, which could be a royal pain in the ***. I was in a restaurant once admiring a convertible parked with its top down...until it started to pour. About 5 minutes later the owner ran to the car and put the top up, but by then the interior was already ++ soaked. Hopefully the car was OK but it makes you think...

Whether a 2LT package will increase resale value, I'd like to think so but again, it depends upon both the buyer and seller. The buyer may not be that attracted to what the 2LT package offers and may only want "a basic C8"...or the buyer may present a lowball offer that purposely discounts the cost of the 2LT package, hoping the seller needs the dough and will undersell the car, which might happen if the seller is cash-strapped.

But in answer to your question, I'd not base your choice on resale value...but rather just on what works for you, both from the perspective of the options you'll use and what you're able to afford.

Last edited:
  • Agree
No contest - HTC all the way. Love the look of the HTC. Seeing the engine is not that important to me.
It is great but the question was 1LT HTC or 2LT Coupe. In that case I go Coupe because I know I would regret not having the 2LT goodies. I had to draw the line on my budget. :rolleyes:

What does your Dad say? ...

Get your money back and wait for another opportunity when it is affordable.
It's not rocket science to move on until a better day.

If you think money is to be made for reselling ... it's speculative risk.
Never should be done when getting through "income anxiety".

I haven't noticed any buffeting myself. No sustained speeds over 120 with the top off yet though.

ShawnC8 if you had the car in your possession right now you could easily make $20-30K over what you paid. In addition, if it is a 1LT, it makes almost zero difference right now because of the demand. If the dealers can make that kind of profit so can you. As mentioned multiple times you are definitely in a high risk position to get blacklisted by GM but who cares.

Reactions: ShawnC8
Murray's solution of leaving the coupe's top home (to maintain trunk access) is OK but if you're caught in a ++ unexpected rainstorm, you may find yourself parked/trapped underneath a highway overpass or in a covered parkade until the storm passes, which could be a royal pain in the ***.
My wife would have to sit in the rain as she couldn't lift the top anyway. The nice thing about water is it evaporates eventually lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.