ShawnC8

Casual User
Jun 10, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
BMW 335i, C8 on ord
Province
ON
Are c8s still going for ~30k over MSRP on the used market or have those days past? How much $ would it take for you to sell your c8 today?

Looks like my allotment will be ready soon according to my dealer. Unfortunately I lost my job during covid so am not sure if I can comfortably afford the car of my dreams anymore. I just returned from holiday and am actively looking for a job, now urgently

• Wow
Reactions: Canuck204
Are c8s still going for ~30k over MSRP on the used market or have those days past? How much $ would it take for you to sell your c8 today?

Looks like my allotment will be ready soon according to my dealer. Unfortunately I lost my job during covid so am not sure if I can comfortably afford the car of my dreams anymore. I just returned from holiday and am actively looking for a job, now urgently
5 weeks ago I was offered $110k for my 1LT HTC with 8000km on it. My pre-tax was $82500. From what I understand that is still holding.
Perhaps you could talk to your dealer, they may have someone that would take your car with a bonus. My dealer called me with a buyer offering $40k to hand over my car before I picked it up.
good luck.

Last edited:
you will be lucky to sell for 10 over
LETS SEE YOUR WINDOW STICKER

and why did you order if your job was in jeprody
I ordered nearly 2 years ago before my job was in jeopardy
Autotrader shows 11X c8s all for 30-50k over MSRP wonder how many are actually available

Realize if you sell it there is a chance you will end up blacklisted by GM and won't be able to buy another GM product for very long time. Looks like you live in Ontario so you'll need to sell at more than 13% over MSRP to turn a profit
I never planned/ imagined I would own a GM until the c8 came along so not really worried about black listing

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Sounds like your car hasn’t been built yet so it’s unfortunate that the winter weather will be around the corner when it arrives, which may make it more difficult to sell. If you‘re truly stuck I would suggest an honest ad on Autotrader listing the msrp plus taxes and sell it for exactly what you paid. Quickest sell guaranteed. If you are looking to make a profit then you aren’t really stuck and it may take some time to sell.

Reactions: ShawnC8
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Sounds like your car hasn’t been built yet so it’s unfortunate that the winter weather will be around the corner when it arrives, which may make it more difficult to sell. If you‘re truly stuck I would suggest an honest ad on Autotrader listing the msrp plus taxes and sell it for exactly what you paid. Quickest sell guaranteed. If you are looking to make a profit then you aren’t really stuck and it may take some time to sell.

Dealer would be happy to take it off your hands, probably with a premium. I think by spring there will be a lot more c8s out there and markups will come down substantially. The old supply and demand

You should get 20k over your all in price from what I can see on Autotrader. It is more difficult to sell if the sellers package shows a lien. I don't get involved in any used car with money owing but that's me. You can always back out . Dealer won't mind as they will sell it for a premium.

Reactions: ShawnC8

Most dealers would gladly buy back from you just to have an in-stock C8 on the floor. Some dealers already have new C8's for $20k over msrp so the used auto-trader/kijiji cars for $30k over will soon be cash grab history. JMO

Most dealers would gladly buy back from you just to have an in-stock C8 on the floor. Some dealers already have new C8's for $20k over msrp so the used auto-trader/kijiji cars for $30k over will soon be cash grab history. JMO
Seems they are still in high demand
I have an appt Monday with my dealer assuming we are going to finalize the order and submit to factory
Only have 1k down but have been in line for about 2 years and am emotionally invested at this point

So my options are to cancel my order and have my deposit refunded or order the car with the hope of keeping it and worst case flipping it
I have a second source of income aside from the 9-5 grind and am hoping and praying I can make it work somehow

Reactions: Murray20c8
black interior and 1lt is not great for resale.
2LT and 3LT are out of my budget sadly

Would love the GT2 seat in grey and black 2 tone + red seat belt
rear view camera as well

Attachments

• IMG_6707.PNG
    IMG_6707.PNG
    386.2 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.