Both my kids have aftermarket exhausts on their C5 and C6 and I'm getting jealous.

Who has put one on their C8 and which one did you go with?
What does your wife have on her C7? ;)

Hers is stock Murray ;)
4 gens.jpg

No grass front or back. Its fantastic! We bought the house a year ago and everything is paved.
I have a friend that just bought a house in Red Deer and did the same thing. I asked him if he needed a permit and he said no. Shortly after he paved it, the city sent him a nasty letter and said their bylaw says he has to have a minimum of 25 % of his yard landscaped. He's not a happy camper.

I have a friend that just bought a house in Red Deer and did the same thing. I asked him if he needed a permit and he said no. Shortly after he paved it, the city sent him a nasty letter and said their bylaw says he has to have a minimum of 25 % of his yard landscaped. He's not a happy camper.
Ya, in many areas there has to be a certain amount of grass to absorb rain and runoff. I watch home shows and Vancouver has a lot of rules like that also.

A 'Green Roof' offers a lot of ft2.

That doesn't drain water into the soil.
Sure they do, by way of drains and piping.
It's the oxygen the grass kicks off that is the primary reason for the limits, besides aesthetics, although who doesn't enjoy seeing a bunch of corvettes out front?
In some of the re-developed areas in the GTA, the lot's are small, but the houses are big (as are the pocketbooks).
I've seen entire yards covered over with the garages hidden underneath - everyone is 'happy'.
Condo's and Apartment buildings have been 'cheating' on green space requirements this way for decades.
The entire courtyard in the picture has a 2 level garage below.
I feel bad for the friend, but if everyone paved their front yards, well....................

Attachments

• Green Space.jpg
    Green Space.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Sure they do, by way of drains and piping.
It's the oxygen the grass kicks off that is the primary reason for the limits, besides aesthetics, although who doesn't enjoy seeing a bunch of corvettes out front?
In some of the re-developed areas in the GTA, the lot's are small, but the houses are big (as are the pocketbooks).
I've seen entire yards covered over with the garages hidden underneath - everyone is 'happy'.
Condo's and Apartment buildings have been 'cheating' on green space requirements this way for decades.
The entire courtyard in the picture has a 2 level garage below.
I feel bad for the friend, but if everyone paved their front yards, well....................
Your not getting the point. The rain goes into the rain sewers overloading the system instead of being absorbed into the soil unless they have a weeping system under the concrete. How many do that? Very few I'm sure...

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Your not getting the point. The rain goes into the rain sewers overloading the system instead of being absorbed into the soil unless they have a weeping system under the concrete. How many do that? Very few I'm sure...
In the old days, none.
These days, we are pretty fussy about how water run-off is managed.
Regardless, we can't just pave over everything to suit our fancy.
Alas, we digress - Black is the only colour for a Corvette, and the exhaust sounds great straight out of the factory (that should move things along).

• Haha
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
In the old days, none.
These days, we are pretty fussy about how water run-off is managed.
Regardless, we can't just pave over everything to suit our fancy.
Alas, we digress - Black is the only colour for a Corvette, and the exhaust sounds great straight out of the factory (that should move things along).
Funny how exhaust can morph into grassy nowles! ;)

I like the stock NPP exhaust note myself. Loud enough for my tastes.

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
Ive been in this house for a year now. Lets hope my lawyer did his due diligence when we did the deal or I may get a surprise one day from the town of Whitby

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.