Feb 13, 2023
ON
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 2LT
Province
ON
Hey guys I am looking on changing the exhaust on my C8 HTC which has the NPP exhaust currently and black tips, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations, may considers doing Sport Cats also.
Trying to keep it on budget (prefer under 3k with install), so would appreciate any information, as well as how much I could expect to pay in labour charges for both the exhaust and Sport Cats. Also is it possible to keep the current Black Tips I have with new exhaust?

Does anyone that has done the 2M Fab Sport Cats know the cost for installation?
Any recommendations for shops that can install perfectly without any CEL.
Also has anyone noticed if there is any smell?
When i was shopping around most shops were against Sport Cats as more than often there were CEL issues. A non valve control exhaust is virtually the same price of sport cats, so makes sense to go exhaust in my opinion. Also the labor between exhaust and sport cats is roughly the same. One of the turn offs for me on sport cats was a lot of mixed reviews of smell and more potential for a lot of warranty claims to be denied in relation to sport cats versus an exhaust system. Very common for dealerships to change out exhausts while a lot refuse to change cats.

I know there are products out there for all tastes and budgets, but @C82NV pretty much summed up the top 3, and the only ones I would ever consider putting on my car personally, just because they have the budget to do solid R&D and design and (hopefully) have less codes thrown than the others. Now in terms of sound and valves, I get that not everyone has $5k-$6K to throw onto an exhaust upgrade, but keep in mind that in the total price you paid for your car, you paid extra to have the NPP setup, meaning your monthly car payments is paying for the NPP exhaust, the valves, the software to control it via the driving modes, etc. To say you will rip that out and go non valve, to me, is a waste of that initial investment. And besides, we all like to drive down the street with a 130dB roar/note coming off the back of the car, however there are times where you may be waking up and leaving for an early car show event or work and may want to close the valves to not wake up the family or keep the neighbours on your good side. Just a thought.

I personally love the sound of the NPP, the startup is just loud and obnoxious (especially in a garage with door open), however once everything settles down, some of that rumble and roar disappears, so I do get why an upgraded system would be cool to have. I am just worried that some of these catbacks will produce crackles and pops like the BMW and modded cars which I do not like. The snap coming from the NPP during aggressive gear changes sounds cool however, so hoping that is maintained post upgrade.

My tough choice down the road, Corsa vs Borla, 2 great sounding exhausts with lots of R&D history. Cannot speak of Fabspeed but they are known for their exotic car systems so quality stuff too !!

I’ve got the FabSpeed on mine and let me say this… The videos and even the factory videos do it no justice. It’s so much nicer sounding than I expected. Not just louder , it’s the exhaust note. Pure music to the ear. Great in tour or sport. In fact it’s my favourite thing about the car. Inside the car levels are great. Outside, I may have given a few scares to a few people when it pops on the upshift shift on a hard pull. If you forget and cold start it in sport or track it’s going to be loud though. It’s way above the $3000.00 line. I don’t think you can do an exhaust system, Sport cats, and install for three grand. Plus there’s shipping and taxes. You might get lucky and find somebody converting back to stock, and selling their system. You will get what you pay for in this area. Don’t forget that. You don’t want a set up that drones, has a harsh or odd tone etc.

Reactions: Neils
Side note, if you tell your insurance company that you put an aftermarket exhaust on it, expect the price to go up or them to not want to insure the car. Ask me how I know. I’m with Hagerty now. I told them when they asked any modifications and it went south right there. They insured my stock C6 Z for pennies but wanted no part of the C8 if it had an exhaust modification.

I’ve got the FabSpeed on mine and let me say this… The videos and even the factory videos do it no justice. It’s so much nicer sounding than I expected. Not just louder , it’s the exhaust note. Pure music to the ear. Great in tour or sport. In fact it’s my favourite thing about the car. Inside the car levels are great. Outside, I may have given a few scares to a few people when it pops on the upshift shift on a hard pull. If you forget and cold start it in sport or track it’s going to be loud though. It’s way above the $3000.00 line. I don’t think you can do an exhaust system, Sport cats, and install for three grand. Plus there’s shipping and taxes. You might get lucky and find somebody converting back to stock, and selling their system. You will get what you pay for in this area. Don’t forget that. You don’t want a set up that drones, has a harsh or odd tone etc.
How does it sound on idle and normal cruising speeds? I find the stock NPP is barely noticeable at idle and cruising speeds. This is what is making me hesistant on buying an expensive exhaust because majority of people are city driving at lower speeds and that’s where you want louder sound too.

Mr Jack Racoon has the 2M sport cats and I believe their headers. he may be able to chime in soon.

I was researching 2M on the weekend and read so many bad reviews it has scared me so much that I think if I do anything I am just going to go with a non valved cat back for about $2000 US.
Headers and High Flow Cats. 2+ years, probably close to 35000km no issues. It sounds rude sometimes, my wife hates it...

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.