Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
So yesterday while working away my cell phone rings. It's the dealer I had ordered my car from. Hello David I have great news, your new car is here. I said how is that possible? I ordered a 2024! Well they had submitted the order, it was accepted as is with no restrictions, and built.
I'm not complaining I have it 6 months early, get to use it this year and saved some dough, just shocked the hell out of me. ... lol

Went to dealership last night and yeap, it's mine, special order as per my spec! Take what life throws at yeah I guess. I'm still in shock!

image1 (1).jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg
20230717_173406.jpg

Congrats. You are going to enjoy it immensely.
Did your dealer not tell you when your allocation was excepted and what the model year will be? Did they not update you as you progressed through the various statuses?
Status updates were an excitement factor for me, knowing I’m getting closer and closer.

All I heard was crickets the last 6 months. I had one call maybe a month after order was placed and they said order accepted. That was it, never thought more about it to be honest.
All good, glad it happened this way TBH. I do not do anticipation well! Lol
Order accepted (status 2000) is all that they had to tell you for you to know you are guaranteed a 2023. Congrats

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Order accepted (status 2000) is all that they had to tell you for you to know you are guaranteed a 2023. Congrats
Beat me to it. How he'd expect a 2024 is a wonder to me. I'd have certainly expected a 2023.
Anyway, congrats Cannonball! Enjoy the rest of the summer! ;)

" How he'd expect a 2024 is a wonder to me " When I placed the order I said to the dealer this is for a 2024 order. They said it will be one of the first and we don't expect it until late September early October.
SO I had nothing more to say except here is my deposit. It was no different then any other car I had ordered in the past. The dealer did say when we were in the shop you know if you really want the 2024 I can order you one of those if you want! ... lol I was just gob smacked as I truly had no idea it would arrive on my b-day, very thankful for where I am in life in general.

" How he'd expect a 2024 is a wonder to me " When I placed the order I said to the dealer this is for a 2024 order. They said it will be one of the first and we don't expect it until late September early October.
SO I had nothing more to say except here is my deposit. It was no different then any other car I had ordered in the past. The dealer did say when we were in the shop you know if you really want the 2024 I can order you one of those if you want! ... lol I was just gob smacked as I truly had no idea it would arrive on my b-day, very thankful for where I am in life in general.
This is a story of one man's perseverance against truly insurmountable odds, and should be a lesson to us all, about the good things in our lives.
Well, OK, maybe not, but it's a damn good giver of hope to those of us still waiting.
Congrats, what a birthday surprise!!!
Enjoy!

So yesterday while working away my cell phone rings. It's the dealer I had ordered my car from. Hello David I have great news, your new car is here. I said how is that possible? I ordered a 2024! Well they had submitted the order, it was accepted as is with no restrictions, and built.
I'm not complaining I have it 6 months early, get to use it this year and saved some dough, just shocked the hell out of me. ... lol

Went to dealership last night and yeap, it's mine, special order as per my spec! Take what life throws at yeah I guess. I'm still in shock!
How long was it from order placed, deposit paid, to yesterday, if I may be so bold?
I'm still lost somewhere in the C8 queue......

Is it possible that wait times are coming down and the factory is cranking them out at a higher rate ? Or dealer lists are getting shorter as they chew thru the backlog ?

I’d like to think that my 25 month wait is the norm in Canada (ON specifically) for those of us who put deposits down in ‘21. Wait times may vary, some had a few months less some had many months more (thinking my Quebec neighbour with 33 month wait).

Ciocca in the US (largest dealer) claimed 14 months last time I asked.

So just wondering if this is a rare exception of a 6 month order to delivery or becoming the norm where you just stroll in, ask for a C8 and a few months later get it as if you ordered a Kia EV6 (wait times are long for that one too)

Reactions: MKinOntario
Is it possible that wait times are coming down and the factory is cranking them out at a higher rate ? Or dealer lists are getting shorter as they chew thru the backlog ?

I’d like to think that my 25 month wait is the norm in Canada (ON specifically) for those of us who put deposits down in ‘21. Wait times may vary, some had a few months less some had many months more (thinking my Quebec neighbour with 33 month wait).

No it’s not possible, but isolated incidents do happen. The wait times are only going to get worse as there will be a big decrease in stingray production to accommodate Z06 and E-Ray

If we are 24 months on average, then I predict it will get as bad as 27 months for 2024 Stingrays

So just wondering if this is a rare exception of a 6 month order to delivery or becoming the norm where you just stroll in, ask for a C8 and a few months later get it as if you ordered a Kia EV6 (wait times are long for that one too)
I'll pray that your theories are mostly right here. :Woohoo:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it still comes down to allocation. My dealer had 2 allocated I was told and one was spoken for with the owner. SO quite possibly that helped me out?
Regardless my build also had no restrictions associated with it - maybe that also made a difference? I had a pretty basic order though which may have also assisted with completion?
Mag Ride, Frt Lift, GT2 Buckets , Perf Exhaust, Trans Roof, Eng Appear, Rocker Extension, Rad Grills, Chrome Badging ... the rest was stuff ...cover, charger etc.

I don’t think it’s widespread and 2023 was a great production year so being right place right time would yield some quick times for people flexible with restrictions.

I doubt 2024 will be same output in overall cars with more complexity ( Erays and Z06) on the assembly line.

Still hope

I don’t think it’s widespread and 2023 was a great production year so being right place right time would yield some quick times for people flexible with restrictions.

I doubt 2024 will be same output in overall cars with more complexity ( Erays and Z06) on the assembly line.

Still hope
Toss in builds for Japan, Australia, UK, and elsewhere, and it reduces our allocations.

Reactions: KTJF
I'm pretty sure it still comes down to allocation. My dealer had 2 allocated I was told and one was spoken for with the owner. SO quite possibly that helped me out?
Regardless my build also had no restrictions associated with it - maybe that also made a difference? I had a pretty basic order though which may have also assisted with completion?
Mag Ride, Frt Lift, GT2 Buckets , Perf Exhaust, Trans Roof, Eng Appear, Rocker Extension, Rad Grills, Chrome Badging ... the rest was stuff ...cover, charger etc.
Mine was a little less complex, Z51 package/Z51 Magride, Front Lift (driveway issue) and I added the battery maintainer, mudguards, and am going to add, if I get another chance, the carbon flash mirror/intake/spoiler trim option. To contrast the red exterior a bit. If I don't get it, no big deal.
However, I was told mine would be picked up next, and I (now) see there's a window sticker for a loaded 3LZ on C8 Tracker for my (current) dealer.
Price = $195,000. That's DEFINITELY NOT my car.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.