Duff

2 You're 10
Dec 3, 2011
Panama City Beach - Florida (at the moment)
VetteCoins
Car
Hello all - this coming Friday I will be in Brantford Ontario airport with one of canada's finest 40 year old C-130 Hercules aircraft. We will be there for lunch after a morning of Search and Rescue training in Meaford and some more live parachute training at the airport in Brantford.

If you make it down with your vette - I will give you all a tour of the aircraft and then I have arranged with the airport manager to get any one who shows a chance to take their vette on the flight line and take a picture with the airplane before we take off again in the afternoon

all are welcom in the southern Ontario area - plse let CCO - aka Colin or I know if you plan to come down - I will be giving Colin a call first thing Friday morning to make sure we are still a go just to make sure the weather is still good and to ensure I am not out on an actual SAR callout as my aircraft and crew are the stby SAR crew for Ontario that day

anyway - again - this Friday - Brantford airport - if you can make it down for lunch - drop in - say hello - get a free tour and a photo op

Cheers

Duff

what's a HERC

btw - this is my Herc

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
Gosh, did I miss an important post. ONly night lately that I didn't stay up late or get up real early. DUUUUUH. :D

Real fine news Duff!......Marg and I, and my brother Terry and his C6 'vert will be there for sure...and whomever else wants to let us know. Will talk to you later in the week.

Cheers, Shawn.....lookin' forward to this one .. :D
--------------
Steamer, you have (e)mail.:D
--------------

Post up everyone. Got to have #'s in advance.

Airport info: http://www.brantfordairport.ca/Pages/default.aspx

Map info: http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=brantford+airport&ll=43.12816,-80.340958&spn=0.009083,0.013411&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=brantford+airport&hnear=brantford+airport&cid=0,0,17420554242515377384&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

Who's In? -- Copy and paste to update list.

1/ CCO --Colin - with GS. possibly with wife.
2/ brother Terry with 'vert - probably alone.
3/
4/
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

Last edited:
This sounds like it would be a fun event.
Looking at the weather network, Friday seems like it will be a great day.
I am going to try and make it, and hope that there will be a few more......

Airport info: Welcome to the Brantford Municipal Airport

Map info: brantfo...m - Google Maps

3/ CaledoniaBrian with 88 vert.
4/
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

4/ FordPrefect --Wayne-- with '04 vert & camera, - alone, wife has commitment
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

Looking forward to it.

Is there a time that we should be aiming for? 12 noon?

timings

if you wish to see us drop SAR equipment and then do live parachute training with the Search and Rescue technicians - I would recommend being there for 1100 to 1130ish. We are doing a boat rescue scenario with Meaford coast guard at 0930 to 1030 and then heading to Brantford airport for training. We will be on the ground for roughly 2 hours by the time we refuel, give tours, photos etc..

There is a gentleman, Mr Shawn Broughton, at the airport who is helping us get the vettes on the flight line so if your waiting for me to land I would recommend finding him as I will be speaking to him on the radio and he will be able to update you until I have a chance to find y'all.

Colin - dont forget your camera this time :nono:

Hope to see you all then

Duff

if you wish to see us drop SAR equipment and then do live parachute training with the Search and Rescue technicians - I would recommend being there for 1100 to 1130ish. We are doing a boat rescue scenario with Meaford coast guard at 0930 to 1030 and then heading to Brantford airport for training. We will be on the ground for roughly 2 hours by the time we refuel, give tours, photos etc..

There is a gentleman, Mr Shawn Broughton, at the airport who is helping us get the vettes on the flight line so if your waiting for me to land I would recommend finding him as I will be speaking to him on the radio and he will be able to update you until I have a chance to find y'all.

Colin - dont forget your camera this time :nono:

Hope to see you all then

Duff

Great news, Duff....thanks for all the legwork and arranging.
I for one will be there at 11 ..

We'll have all the contact info with us at 11 and find Mr. Shawn Broughton for instructions at that time.

Will make contact by phone with you Shawn, Thursday night or Friday morning to see what's up if you would pm me a convenient time please.

As far as the cam goes, it'll be around my neck when I go to bed Thursday evening so I don't forget.:D

Cheers, Shawn ...... from us all

Colin.

Gosh, did I miss an important post. ONly night lately that I didn't stay up late or get up real early. DUUUUUH. :D

Real fine news Duff!......Marg and I, and my brother Terry and his C6 'vert will be there for sure...and whomever else wants to let us know. Will talk to you later in the week.

I sent out about 50 pm's this morning -- so humble apologies to whoever got missed -- I'll check the list again later when time permits.
That was fun Riley. Kept getting notices about "you may only send to 4 members at one time", or " you cannot send more that one pm in one minute" or "you may not send more than 4 pm's in 4 minutes" or my favourite: " you have exceeded the allowed pm's for the day. Please contact administration.":D -- all this while I was in a hurry.

Next time I'll phone for temp mod privs or get you to help skirt the security nannies. I got her done with little time to spare. :canada:

Cheers, Shawn.....lookin' forward to this one .. :D
--------------
Steamer, you have (e)mail.:D
--------------

Airport info: http://www.brantfordairport.ca/Pages/default.aspx

Map info: Google Maps

1/ CCO --Colin - with GS. possibly with wife. depends on her Red Cross Sched. (Note to self: wear cam to bed so not forgotten.)
2/ brother Terry with 'vert - probably alone. but with cam.
4/ FordPrefect --Wayne-- with '04 vert & camera, - wife has commitment.
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

Last edited:
Sounds incredible!

5/SmrSld will try and make it 02 vert, possibly with my son
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

Guys,
count Tony from welland as being present !!

meeting ~ 12noon ???

Tony

Great news Tony......Not 12, we should be there by 11 or just b4 to catch all the activities and find appropriate parking. I've not been there either tho I know where it is.:D

I'm leaving my house at 10'ish to get there by 10:45.

If you'd like to find your way here we could go from here (easily found), or we could meet at a local Timmies (also easily found) and go from there or you could find your own way there. 'Tis up to you my friend.
The drive from my house is a pretty one on hwy 24A also known as Spragues Road or Paris road and winds its way to and thru Paris to Rest Acres Road which winds its way to the Colborne street west. Left at the traffic lights and it's on the left just down the road.
A nice, low pressure ride. You'll love it.

You could always get to 403 west and take the Shady Rest Road west exit and you're less than 10 minutes from the airport.

I'll talk to you tonight to set something up if you wish. (7:30'ish)
Wayne: same for you if you wish. I'll call you later to discuss.

Colin.

Last edited:

6/Tony (from Welland) -- '11 Coupe
7/
8/
9/
10/

Last edited:

6/Tony (from Welland) -- '11 Coupe
7/
8/
9/
10/

The action tomorrow will be very unique, believe me. You won't want to miss it.
Also the more 'vettes and people the better surrounding the SAR's Hercules C130 piloted by our one and only Duff (Mav) and his crew.
Come be a part of the 'picture' and meet our brave SAR crew from Trenton. You won't be sorry. You'll see them in action and meet them on the ground and have lunch with them too.

I'm sure you'll meet some of our 'crew' tomorrow too, so it should be a fun couple hours and worth booking off work for if you can.
(I did and I'm a pretty busy guy.:D)

Sign up as above, and let us know if you can make it. The authorities must know in advance who's coming and how many cars they have to accommodate.

BTW, our Magic Man: Manny is coming and being chauffeured by yours truly in one of his latest creations, so kudos to Manny for making the time.
He alone is worth the trip if you've not had the pleasure so sign up and be there.

Cheers,
Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread