mini-IMG_0083.jpg
mini-IMG_0072.jpg
mini-IMG_0061.jpg
mini-IMG_0050.jpg
mini-IMG_0039.jpg
mini-IMG_0027.jpg
mini-IMG_0015.jpg
mini-IMG_0004.jpg

and finally one of my wife Margaret who was there in spirit today and would love to discuss SAR with you since she was part of an SAR ground crew in the north some years ago.
As you suggested today Shawn, maybe when you come up on May 26 for the coping fundraiser.

Cheers,
Colin

mini-IMG_0011-1.jpg

A huge thank you to Mr Shawn Broughton -- manager of Brantford Airport - who coordinated activities with Duff and his crew and very much accommodated all of us with our cars, questions, and general chat on what was a very busy day for him.
mini-IMG_0054.jpg

Thanks to Terry, Brian, Wayne, Tony, Dave with son Colin, Hendrik and brother Marius with son Luke for sharing our day.
and of course our one and only Manny.

Glad to meet you all and to see old friends once again.

Cheers all.

Please post your pics when you get a chance.

I'm off to bed. Going a little giddy after messing with all those pics.:eek:

Colin.

Last edited:
This was a great day..... but my batteries on my camera went for a dump; so no pictures from me.
Duff; once again I would like to express my appreciation to you and the crew. Not just for the photo op, but for being there for all of us...Standing on Guard
The pictures are great Colin, and it was a great day meeting up with as my wife would say my invisible friends.. LOL . Really enjoyed this get together, and the tour of the C-130........

Great shots Wayne. To bad about the batteries Brian, it never fails to happen at the most inconvenient moment. Looks like you guys had a blast!!!!
Rob

You'd have loved it Rob.....It was especially nice having one of our group pilot the plane and lead the SAR squadron. Our friend Shawn is very accomplished and we're all very proud of him.

Great Show!

Loved the pics Wayne and the short vids. I wondered if anyone would get any videos. Glad you did.
Pity about the cam Brian -- no worries - we had 'er covered pretty much.

Colin

Chance of a lifetime!

As all have stated, a GREAT! DAY , weather was excellent for the top down ride to Colin's, meeting up with him and his brother, having Colin lead the way to the airport. Having limited discussions on the forum , the fellowship was nothing short of spectacular, putting faces to the names. Having the opportunity to see the Herc, in action, a tour, and a photo op was like I said a lifetime chance, a huge thanks goes out to Duff and his crew, and Colin. My son , will not stop talking about the day! Success

As all have stated, a GREAT! DAY , weather was excellent for the top down ride to Colin's, meeting up with him and his brother, having Colin lead the way to the airport. Having limited discussions on the forum , the fellowship was nothing short of spectacular, putting faces to the names. Having the opportunity to see the Herc, in action, a tour, and a photo op was like I said a lifetime chance, a huge thanks goes out to Duff and his crew, and Colin. My son , will not stop talking about the day! Success…lol…
I look forward to many more meets and rides with the guys, dont forget corvette weekend in Wasaga Beach Aug 17-18 Wasaga Beach Corvette Club

Thanks for the Day, Oh and Manny, we will be talking soon for some goodies for the car, great meeting you!

Manny has many "goodies"....from intakes to blowers and all kinds in between. All who have dealt with Manny will vouch for his fairness and expertise.

I did very little compared to the 2 Shawns........They were the men of the hour....and of course a huge thank you to them. I'll be emailing Shawn Broughton later and thanking him for his time and effort Friday. Great guy and very accommodating for us all. Couldn't have asked for more.

Glad that Colin enjoyed himself. He'll have many stories to tell his buddies and classmates and some pics to show. Please tell him we were glad to have him along and would indeed be welcome to any of our events. I may need his photography expertise.

Thanks for the Wasaga weekend event link. It's definitely on our calender.
ONce we get a little closer to the event, a dedicated thread would help everyone with details. Let know if I can help with that...

Cheers, Dave and Colin ---- will be in touch about upcoming events and cruises.

Colin.

After reading this thread, all I can say is wow... I didn't know they could drop a C6 out of an airplane!:D

Anyway, great read, great thread, from awesome forum members. You guys are great and what makes this place such a great place to be. I want to thank everyone involved with this. Can I say great again? Yes I can! Great!

Kudos to everybody! Thanks for posting the pics and links to the videos. I have enjoyed seeing how great this event has turned out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread