Who's In? -- Copy and paste to update list.

1/ CCO --Colin - with GS. possibly with wife.
2/ brother Terry with 'vert - probably alone.
3/ CaledoniaBrian with 88 vert.
4/ FordPrefect --Wayne-- with '04 vert & camera, - alone, wife has commitment
5/SmrSld will try and make it 02 vert, possibly with my son
6/Tony (from Welland) -- '11 Coupe
7/
8/
9/
10/

Herc Fly by

Sorry - Can't make it to Brantford, but I will be on the Owen Sound Golf course from 10 - 2 when you are doing your search laps along the Meaford, OS shore.
I will wave when you fly over.

Spoke to Duff for a while today and we must be there for 11 - no later.
I'll be there no later than 10:45 and will find the airport manager Mr. Shawn Broughton for all the final instructions for parking, watching, and touring.

Apparently it's not hard and fast that Brantford Airport knows exactly who's coming but it would be nice is for them to know how many cars will be involved for pics on the tarmac with the C130.

Don't be late and hope to see you there.

Who's In? -- Copy and paste to update list.

7/
8/
9/
10/

Great, I thought this was going to be in KW originally, this is very exciting, I'm in!!!! Thank you so much Duff for making this possible!!

/ CCO --Colin - with GS. possibly with wife.
7/Hendrik (Brantford) 2004 Z06 With Brother
8/
9/
10/

Great, I thought this was going to be in KW originally, this is very exciting, I'm in!!!! Thank you so much Duff for making this possible!!

Glad to have you along henkZ06 -- The more the merrier.
Yes WW airport was one that was considered, as was Hamilton, but Brantford came thru for us. Duff will explain tomorrow as he was doing the negotiating. I believe that Brantford could accommodate the cars more easily than the other airports.

See you at or b4 11am.

Cheers,
Colin

8/
9/
10/

Have a great time tomorrow guys. Wish I could join you, But work always gets in the way.
Thanks for organizing this event Duff. What a thrill it will be for all who can attend.
Take and post lots of pictures guys. Enjoy the day!!!!:canada:

Have a great time tomorrow guys. Wish I could join you, But work always gets in the way.
Thanks for organizing this event Duff. What a thrill it will be for all who can attend.
Take and post lots of pictures guys. Enjoy the day!!!!:canada:

Thanks Mark. Yes we will take lots of pics an hopefully some video and post up later in the day.

Sorry you can't make it. We're hoping for another similar event later on.

Colin.

8/
9/
10/

I'll be leaving home at 9:45 -- Drive safe, see you in Brantford at 11. Don't forget your cams and or videos.

Watch out for all the bikers. It's Friday 13th and they'll all be headed for Dover.

C.

Well....we had a great turn out at Brantford. Duff was a bit late, but no-one
seemed to mind. Everyone who said they would come was there; even Manny showed
after going to his M.D. Weather was great which made for good viewing when Duff made
several passes and as finalle, had two parachutists decend. Neat stuff !
Many thanks to both Duff and Colin who really worked to make this happen.
Sorry I had to leave ~ 1pm. Hope people post pictures, there were many cameras

Take care, Tony, welland

Well....we had a great turn out at Brantford. Duff was a bit late, but no-one
seemed to mind. Everyone who said they would come was there; even Manny showed
after going to his M.D. Weather was great which made for good viewing when Duff made
several passes and as finalle, had two parachutists decend. Neat stuff !
Many thanks to both Duff and Colin who really worked to make this happen.
Sorry I had to leave ~ 1pm. Hope people post pictures, there were many cameras

Take care, Tony, welland

So glad you enjoyed the day, Tony....I believe we all did. Hope the trip to Kich and then back home to Welland went well.

Yes a good time was had by all. Shawn was held up by a glitch in the Herc in Trenton but eventually got those rubber bands wound up tight and put on a terrific show above the Brantford Airport for all to see. Kudos to Major Shawn Duffy (our very own Duff) and his crew for putting on one spectacular show.

The tour of the C130 was equally awesome where we saw equipment, SAR viewing windows and crew positions, highlighted by a tour of the cockpit. Colin (Dave's son (Wasaga) and Brian (from Caledonia) piloted and co-piloted while we watched and listen to Shawn explain all the controls. I must say we have no idea what all the switches, buttons, levers and gauges are for but we're very glad Shawn and his co-pilot and navigator do.:rofl:

Shawn, we're very honoured to have witnessed your training today and to meet the crew and see you Herc and equipment in action. It really was spectacular to see, and finally for you to land and have your 'vette buddies and cars surround the plane for pics.

So sorry you sacrificed your lunch for us but many thanks for doing so. The 2.5 hours you spent on the ground was much appreciated. The pics we all took will be treasured I'm sure.

Yes you didn't get to drive the GS but count on a turn at the wheel when you come down for the 4th Annual Coping and Corvette Show May 26. It would be a pleasure to have you 'pilot' her on your visit.

More news and posts on the day tomorrow but I must get a few pics up for all to see -- These are a few taken by Terry (my twin) of the proceedings and some of the fun and sights of the day:

ONce again Shawn, thanks so much for sharing your day with us. If will be fondly remembered.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0718_1.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

More to come. Many more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread