Ranman

2 You're 10
Aug 21, 2013
ancaster
VetteCoins
Car
New wheels put on this weekend. give me your opinion please. Keep the original factory wheels or the new ones ?
Reply with pictures of your wheels.

photow.JPG

photow1.JPG

photo99.jpg

you did ask but I almost hesitate to reply.... BUT think the original C4 wheels need updating. I know this is not what my friends with C4s will say, or probably any other C4 owner either.

in the end it's YOUR car and YOUR money.

Ya I'm not crazy about the looks of the original C4 wheels, but it all depends how YOU want your car to appear. I went with black wheels on my ZO6 cause there happens to be a identical car in the same small city I live in so I wanted mine to look different.

esa7u3y9.jpg

Don't have a really good pic of the thin spokes on my car but I bet you can find a set of C5 magnesium wheels for pretty cheap. I saw them on a black C4 and it looked awesome. Not to mention the magnisium wheels are really, really light. Best of all worlds!

Attachments

• C4 Mag Wheels.jpg
    C4 Mag Wheels.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 13
Hey Ranman. I guess I just have to chime in here.
As my friend Wayne has alluded to, I am a bit of a purist. However with that said, the early stock turbines on the 84 to 87 cars are not my favorites at all. When the salad shooters was introduced in 88 the wheels started getting better.
As for your new wheels, they look just great. The picture is not as good as I would like to see, but they kind of look like the Zr1 wheels from the later C4 generation. In my Opinion; I would keep them and put away the 16" stock rims for anyone that might be looking to buy your car in the future.
As Wayne also said. Wheel Wizards in Hamilton did a very good job on refinishing my 88 salad shooters. Here is a picture.
hpim1725.jpg

OK now I am intrigued, what are the names of ALL the C4 wheels from start top finish?

Wayne -- I found this on another forum that shall go un-named:

84-87= "Turbines"

88 16" base wheel= "Razors"

88-90= "Salad Shooters" or "Quisenarts"

88 "35th Anniversary Edition"

88-91 "Dymags" (Available on Callaway Edition)

91-92= "Sawblades" (painted)

93-96= "Sawblades" (machine-faced)

94-96= "ZR-1s" or "A-molds" or "5-Spoke"

96 only= black "GrandSports"

Wayne -- I found this on another forum that shall go un-named:

84-87= "Turbines"

88 16" base wheel= "Razors"

88-90= "Salad Shooters" or "Quisenarts"

88 "35th Anniversary Edition"

88-91 "Dymags" (Available on Callaway Edition)

91-92= "Sawblades" (painted)

93-96= "Sawblades" (machine-faced)

94-96= "ZR-1s" or "A-molds" or "5-Spoke"

96 only= black "GrandSports"

Yes sir Collin...you just about have it right on there. I have seen this post before on that other forum..... Too bad the pictures are not with them any longer.
The 94-96 ZR1 wheels are the nicest of the bunch in my opinion.

$T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8GyvBRNlfCfhKQ~~60_35.JPG

I'm really old school but these are my favorite Corvette wheels.

The 1969 - 1982 15X8 Rallye rim. The 1968 rim looks similar but they were a 15X7 and the center cap is unique to that year only.

Funny, when it comes to C3s, I think the Ralleye rims look the nicest, but still think aftermarket is the way to go on C4s.

I loved the list of names, thanks for that Colin et al.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.