Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
I will have to mark June 15th/2013 in the book as one sweat day.
For Jane and I the day started with 18 holes of golf at our club. I didn't play as good as normal, but the weather and company made it a great start to the day.
After golf we rushed home; had a quick shower and got changed. Pulled the cover off O' YELLER and headed out to meet up with a few others from the Corvette Club. We met with a couple and then headed out to Brantford to meet with another few. Then out to dinner.
After dinner it was off to the A&W to sign up for the "Remember When" cruise put on by the Brantford Piston Pushers. This is a cool little idea that got started last year. You get a card at the A&W, then cruise over to Dairy Queen and get it stamped. Of course we were also ready for an ice cream. Then it was off to Tim Horton at the other end of town; where you can get your card stamped again. I really have no idea of how many cars were out and about in Brantford tonight, but the main street looked like George Lucas was filming a remake of American Graffiti.
What a blast. In our convoy of Corvettes we had everything accept a C6. We had a 59, 65 (forum member VT65) 76, 79, my 88 and a 02 C5. Almost all generations represented in just or small group. Kind of cool. :driving:
Hot rods, caddy's trucks low riders, everything you could think of.
Yes it was a great day here in our part of the world.

That does sound like a great time Brian. I really like the idea of a cruise rather than just parking in one spot for the night. That's what it really used to be about; driving our cars around. More places should do this. As long as everybody behaves themselves.

Great stuff Brian...sounds like you had a fun time .

I cruised all day thursday, actually went through your neck of the woods and ended up in Port Dover .

I'm looking forward to doing something like you describe with a bunch of Vettes :)

sounds like you and jane had a gas.......cept' for the golf part :rofl:. on saturday morning i went for an 18 mile cruise......passed by the same joggers and walkers six times, gawd i wish they'd get a blacktop on the main road.

Thanks for the post Brian! Glad to hear some events incorporate the cruise! Would love to have something like this out here too!.....and it just so happens we have an A&W, Dairy Queen and Timmies all on our main strip!!

Thanks for the post Brian! Glad to hear some events incorporate the cruise! Would love to have something like this out here too!.....and it just so happens we have an A&W, Dairy Queen and Timmies all on our main strip!!

Even lil' ol' Nipawin has the "tri-fecta" of Albert & Walter, DQ and TH......however...not much of a cruise as they are within 2 blocks of one another.....

Brian.....if only you got to fish for a couple hours that day......that would make the ultimate couples/manhood day.....Just fished and golfed a "Fins' n' skins" tournament on the weekend......totally awesome!

Fitz

Even lil' ol' Nipawin has the "tri-fecta" of Albert & Walter, DQ and TH......however...not much of a cruise as they are within 2 blocks of one another.....

Brian.....if only you got to fish for a couple hours that day......that would make the ultimate couples/manhood day.....Just fished and golfed a "Fins' n' skins" tournament on the weekend......totally awesome!

Fitz

Yes drowning a couple of worms would have been the topper for sure. But as a consulation, I did have perch for dinner.

Last edited:
Just a bit of a follow up on the "Remember When Cruise" this past Saturday.
I ran into one of the organizers of this event tonight at a A&W cruise. I was told that they had about 350 cars registered and about 500 round trips. No too bad for the second year. Of course, they are hoping for even more the next time.
We at the Corvettes of Southern Ontario had 6 members attend this cruise and tied another club for best club turn out.
Here is a link to the Piston Pushers Car Club site with some pictures from the evening.

Remember When Cruise

I believe these pictures are actually from last years event, but you will get the idea, even more cars in this years cruise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.